Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Thompson Shop Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by el diablo, Jun 6, 2014.

1. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

2. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

I Wrote a bunch of stuff but it went away? Anyway

1963 F100 Short Bed

Just picked it up today. Can wait to make it into a cool little shop truck.

-Dane

3. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Looks like fun. Is that a factory shut off for the heater hose or is that someone's "customization"?

4. A outside spigot knob was never a factory Ford piece. o_O HRP

[​IMG]

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

cool truck. Keep posting progress pics.

6. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

I had no idea if it was factory or not. I have not checked the heater box to see if it had controls or not but the dash only has a few knobs so ill keep ya posted..... even if its not factory its still kinda funny and cool. I think I will keep it just for the sake of me trying to figure out if it belongs or not.

7. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

This truck is just what you see.... FUN! Made my first beer run tonight after a few hours of fab making a new clutch linkage pivot point..

The truck went 4 blocks and came home 4 blocks with cold beer!

Maybe Ill push it tomorrow and go a few more blocks and see if we can make it home?HAHA

Im hoping to drive it to el mirage the end of the month to spectate the straight line racing for inspiration .... Goals and more Goals...

Thanks guys Ill post as I go. One beer at a time...

8. toucan

toucan
    from sc

love it.i hope this will be my next project.ill be watching one beer at a time.good luck!

9. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

Thanks guys. I drove it to the local meet today so everyone could see what I started with. I'm gonna start tinkering this afternoon after the horse race.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

Just a quick Tech Tip!
    If your Taz Mats are running a muck when you climb in and out of your 63 unibody.... just screw them bad boys straight to the floor pan and BAM!! climb in get out.... shuffle you feet.... they stay put.

Im sure I will find some other helpful tips as I dig deeper into the truck but thats what I got for today... If anyone would like to share similar type tips feel free to post em here.

Too bad for CA Chrome..... Still fun to watch tho...

Attached Files:

11. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Subscribed....or "watching"...

12. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

Here is a little update on the truck. Mostly just some pics of some of the crap I have found so far in the truck. I drive it more than work on it so its going slow but I'm having fun. I also threw in a pick of my co pilot enjoying an afternoon ride with me, and the non hamb friendly drive train that I just picked up today to put in the truck... I will however show pics of the front end swap and what not for anyone that would like to see. I just saw a 61 last week with the crown vic front end and after looking at all the mounts and the way he did it I think it should be a fairly easy conversion. IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0922.jpg IMG_1001.JPG IMG_1082.JPG IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1085.JPG IMG_1112.JPG

13. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Ditto...mine had at least a 1/4 inch of bondo in the drivers side of the bed. I guess the rust out over the passenger door is a common issue as mine has the same problem. I would love the see pics of the front end install...so post them up when you begin. For me it's either that or one of Sid's axles....