Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage holley hot rod reunion bowling green 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captmullette, Feb 7, 2014.

1. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

What are the differences between Memory Lane and Show & Shine?

Advantages/disadvantages from one to the other?

Thanks,
    AA6

2. As I understand(from observing all the past shows)...Show and Shine is us drive-in spectators....and Memory lane is the race cars with history---and they park in the center of the oval track, and never move. The rest of us can come and go and even attempt to cruise around(golf carts permitting). Got my paperwork--#936. see y'all there....

All American 6 likes this.
  3. D-man313

D-man313

That's how I always saw it as.

One week from today!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

We are heading out Wed. the 11th and i cant wait. Ill be in my A model sedan and My dad in his 46' Ford with our FED behind it. We've been to 11 of the 12 Hot Rod reunions in BG. The only one we've missed is the year is was in OH. This is the first show we mark on our calendars every year and i cant imagine a Hot Rod season without it!

5. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

And id also like to say THANK YOU to NHRA for banning golf carts this year!! Was nearly roadkill multiple times last year due to HIGH golf cart traffic!

6. D-man313

D-man313

I saw they banned them. But that was I think for people bringing their own. Race teams can have them and you can still rent them. I think there will be less this year maybe not totally gone though.

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I bet money it will still be golf cart nats. LOTS"O"MONEY made renting those carts out.

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

NHRA is allowing 60 golf carts to be rented. they were not going to let my friend rent one and he sent an email to the main man at NHRA. HE LET THEM KNOW THAT HE IS AN AMPUTEE AND HE NEEDED ONE AND IF HE COULDN'T GET ONE TO GET AROUND IN THEN COULD THEY PLEASE REFUND HIS ENTRY MONEY. 30 MINUTES LATER HE WAS CONTACTED BY THE GOLF CART RENTAL COMPANY AND TOLD HIM HE HAD ONE WHEN HE GOT THERE.

9. Dennis D

Dennis D

There are some that used them that really needed them to fully enjoy the event. Due to health reasons there is no way they could walk the pits and get to look at the cars up close, or take in the swap meet, car show, or a lot of the other vendors. One of the people has back, leg issues from exiting a Huey in a combat zone. One from exposure to agent orange during his two tours, and one with heart issues due to agent orange. I hope you boys that are hating on the golf cart riders are thinking about why some people have to use them. Hopefully this year we can park close enough to the track so we can at least watch the racing without having to walk a mile. If they are going to ban the carts, they should have tram service for those that need it. D

10. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

I have no problem with Personal mobility scooters or some people using golf carts that NEED them but last year was just insane. My dad has trouble getting around so he is taking his mobility scooter.

11. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

All I can remember is some yahoos on a raised up and very powerful golf cart rippin' around the whole facility as if no one else was there. They had no regard for people walking or even just standing looking at a display. Maybe they need the golf cart "Police" to slow these inconsiderate clods who are a menace to any one in their immediate vicinity!
    Just my observation. Really looking forward to this years event, if you can find me and the '57 stop and say hello!
    KK

12. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

There are show's all year long I "try" to make it too... There's only ONE show I absolutely positively GO TOO. Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion.

"I'D QUIT MY LIFE TO GO TO THAT SHOW." - Mike Whitney (After his boss said "You'd really quit this job to go to a dumb car show?")

13. D-man313

D-man313

Oh I totally understand the use of golf carts for the people that need them. Not for people that are just lazy though.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

I personally know a Bubba and Bubbette from Kentucky both of which are over weight and too lazy to walk who rent mobility scooters to cruise events. I seriously doubt anyone begrudges scooters or golf carts to those who actually need them.

15. captmullette

captmullette

counting days on 1 hand, been sick for 2 1/2 weeks with infection, still got a lot to do........ image (7).jpg

16. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

ONLY 5 days until we leave. Sittin' on go!

[​IMG]

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

US TO WE WILL BE ROLLING OUT FROM CLEVELAND TENNESSEE AT 6AM. LOOK FOR THE "LOCKJAW EXPRESS" I HAD A BUDDY OF MINE LETTER THE TAILGATE LAST NIGHT AND I GAVE MY SON A COUPLE OF CHOICES OF NAMES AND HE PICKED THIS ONE IMG_3249.jpg

18. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

looks good. love the font choice on the lettering

19. captmullette

captmullette

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I JUST TOLD RON "DO WHAT YOU DO THIS IS WHAT I WANT IT TO SAY" THIS IS WHAT HE CAME UP WITH.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  21. D-man313

D-man313

Looks good!

22. CayoRV

CayoRV

For those who have been there before a question.
    I registered my truck in my avatar and one other vehicle that will be
    driven down and into the show. I am thinking of putting the A, also in my
    avatar on the back of the truck but did not register it. I have no intentions
    of taking the A off the truck over the weekend but the ? is, will I need to register
    it also? First time to this show so I apologize for my ignorance.
    The big ol gal just looks better with a rider.
    Chuck

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  23. captmullette

captmullette

bump for a good question.........

24. Love this show! Hopefully people leave there golf carts and rascals at home this year!

25. CayoRV

CayoRV

Thanks for the bump Capt.
    I don't have a problem registering it when I get there if it can be done at the
    show but if its going to be a big ordeal running around town from place to place
    I will probably just ride down empty. I don't know why I didn't think of this
    sooner but I was more concerned about whether or not I could get away from
    the shop for 3 days (during the week) to go. I faxed my registration in for the
    others the last day of pre-registration and now I guess I'm starting to actually think
    about going. Have had a hotel reservation for months but could cancel that if
    work got in the way. After reading this thread everyday I decided the work would
    still be there when I get back!

26. 1arunem01

1arunem01

If you faxed your registration in the last day be SURE they charged your card. My cousin (Nashville) and I (Birmingham) both individually faxed ours in the last day AND talked to them on the phone. They said they rec'd them.
    Today, my cousin noticed his card hadn't been charged. He called and it seems they 'lost' the envelope with some registrations from last day.
    Sure enough my card hasn't been charged either (I hadn't bothered to check until now). I called and they said they had my info (name, phone etc ) in the computer and knew I sent it in but lost the paperwork with my CC info on it.
    Needless to say, we had to give the lady the CC info again over the phone so she could run our individual cards.

To my complete dismay she stated that had we not called, we would have shown up at the show with no credentials or passes (we had originally been told they would be at WILL CALL since we registered so late)... I inquired why they didn't call us as they had our phone numbers and she could not really give an answer.. Just said we had to call them since it was to give CC info.

Sorry for the long post, but don't want anyone to go through any undue issues.

We are supposed to now pick up our passes WILL CALL.

Warren..

27. CayoRV

CayoRV

Looks like I'll be on the phone tomorrow!
    Thanks for the heads up Warren.

28. 1arunem01

1arunem01

Has your card been charged?

29. Gator

Gator

What a fucking joke... why in the year 2014 an organization as big as the NHRA / Wally Parks museum doesn't have the capability to electronically register people is beyond stupid. Hell, people selling beaded coin purses on Etsy have a more up to date set up. Last year they screwed up and sent out DOUBLE tickets to a lot of people. It's like they've never done thi before.

So I'm in the same boat, thought I'd registered but hadn't. I don't even have a land line so I had to go to the local print shop to 'fax' them my entry... Faxed it and got the receipt @ 11 a.m.

Called an hour later to confirm and nope, they don't have it. Drove back to the print shop and re-faxed it while on the phone with a very unpleasant old lady at the NHRA. This time they got it, but since she'd "already made one trip to the museum" I'd have to go to will call ( although the cutoff to get your creds mailed to you was 4 p.m. PST

BTW another friend of mine who sent his the week prior got an e-mail that said he'd have to print his own tickets.

Anyway, just happened to see this thread after noticing tonight my card had still not been charged. Guess I'll be on the phone in the morning.

30. captmullette

captmullette

I went through the same riggamorro in JANUARY !!! even though I registered then I was told I had to print my ticket and if I lost it I would not get in........same crap also had to make several calls to confirm