Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Time with Old Reliable

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Time with Old Reliable

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Wonderfull car and an awsome way to start. Its a kind of anesthesia for what comes next (daily struggle).

3. I hope you didn't leave it in long term parking at the airport!

4. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

good perspective of "sunday drive to the park" vs. "i need it for transportation"
    in any case, it looks better than a modern bar of soap commuter.

5. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

The world looks a bit more reasonable through a wrap around windshield

6. Love that car!

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ditto. Cool to have that in the arsenal, ready to go.

8. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I have a short commute, 12 miles, and all surface street if I want. My goal is to drive my fellow workers crazy by driving a different old car every day for a week. Three down, two to go.

need louvers ? and sko_ford like this.
  9. 1929rats

1929rats

That car absolutely rules! I can remember picking up a client in my RPU at logan airport in Boston (about 8-9 years ago).....I carefully placed his luggage in the bed and showed him how to buckle his seat belt. It was quite a scene in a post 9-11 world....the airport police kept a strong eye on me. loved getting tall on the gears in the ted williams tunnel.....great way to make an impression....open headers and all. I brought him back the next day in my driver, but, I made the sale....and he became a good customer....he still talks about it....I don't know why I took the roadster that evening ....I figured I had nothing to lose.....

sko_ford likes this.
  10. Your wagon is one of the best looking wagons on the hamb! HRP

DeucePhaeton likes this.
  11. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Stirred a lot of good memories. My grandfather and father were true Pontiac wagon lovers. From a two tone 55 to a gold on gold (with woodgrain) 67 Executive, with several maroon ones of various years in between. I loved sitting backwards in the rear seat, even had my own power window switch for the tailgate in one of them.

12. autobilly

autobilly

Just what I was thinking.

13. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

I have a thirty year old daily driver, my most modern vehicle. I can count on two hands, how many times I have had to fire up an older one over the years, to get me to work or make an important appointment. Yes, its exciting, yes its fun, and yes, it wakes up the neighborhood! Thank you Jay.

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I really dig the color. I remember when I first got my 55 Nomad, I did research on the Nomads and I remember reading a story about how Pontiac went crying to the GM brass, because they wanted to use the roof design on their wagons. Chevrolet was against it but GM brass gave Pontiac the go-ahead and the result is the Safari.
    Anyways, cool wagon.

15. Rckt98

Rckt98

That is a beautiful looking wagon.

16. flamingokid

flamingokid

I remember driving a customer to the airport in my old Cord 810.She didn't say much about it then,but when we talked about plans to pick her up the next time,she wanted me to pick her up in the "Duesy".Close enough,call it whatever you like ;)

17. Beautiful Wagon!!!!!! Jive-Bomber! Thanks for sharing that cool story.

18. texdesoto

texdesoto

"Time well spent." Always!

19. Great story. I'm lucky enough to drive one of my time machines to work once in a while. It does wonders for the attitude.

20. chickenshift

chickenshift

very cool, ive always liked the safari's better than the nomads.

21. Had our wagon out today,these old wagons sure draw attention at the gas stations. HRP

[​IMG]

22. seatex

seatex

She's a beaut!

23. Best car I ever had...
    57pont1.jpg

24. MingusJim

MingusJim

Nice car! I'm partial to '57 Pontiacs having had one before I went into the Army and another when I got out. Last month I ran across a frame-off restored '57 Chieftain in the town I live in and was unable to pass up buying it. It has always been #1 on my list of classic cars to buy if I ever bought one. Here are more pictures: http://tinyurl.com/1957PontiacChieftain

MyChieftain.jpg