Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ROCCO AND CHEATERS ON AMERICAN PICKERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, May 27, 2014.

1. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

56don, The 35 Chevy Truck is coming along slowly but still making progress......He had one and then there is the one he got from you......Jeff

2. thunderplex

thunderplex

Tonight at 9 pm est. 8am Alabama tim, cst.

3. Love Mike and Frank. and the fantastic Danny D. GOOD PEOPLE!!!!

4. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Man that was a cool segment. That shop is a gold mine of very cool equipment. Damn!!!

5. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Just watched it, pretty interesting that the place still exists.

6. That building defineatly hasn't been sitting empty. Good stuff in there.

7. 1arunem01

1arunem01

I work about 4 blocks from R&C's. Have seen stuff through the windows for years. Appears as if they just locked up one day and left.
    Can NEVER seem to find anyone there. I would assume the whole deal was pre-arranged for the show. I work with some old circle trackers and am an old drag racer myself. R&C is certainly legendary around here. Would love to get to go inside but no one everyseems to be able to. I am pretty sure the 'brick and mortar' store has been closed since before 2007 but they continued to sell at races and events.

8. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I've known Sam, MiMi, and the family for a lot of years.K9racer has known them quite a bit longer. Seen that GMC at BIR for many years. a staple in the Alabama/Nashville racing area for years. there is a lot to the story that can't be told, but all are good people. haven't seen it yet but got it DVD'd.

10. aircap

aircap

They have some COOL stuff down at Rocco and Cheaters!

11. One of their more interesting episodes.:)

12. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

There is so much racing and hot rod history connected to this truly great old speed shop.

I watched the American Pickers guy's and you could hear the amount of respect in their voices for such an important part of our history.
    It's almost like watching a time capsule as they walked through Rocco & Cheaters and having Dominick narrating and reminiscing stories was really cool. The racers who passed through their doors over the years is like a who's who of racing.
    When Mike and Frank were walking though the building my eyes were checking out all the old parts and famous names on the boxes sitting on the shelves.
    The tone of Dominick's voice changed when Mike asked him if people had offered to buy everything and Dominick said yes for .10 cents on the dollar.

This episode of American Pickers was worth watching and even taping because it was really a trip down memory lane for me.

Jimbo

13. How many tears have they been closed? HRP

14. Dominic said they closed the store in 2007.

Posted the old school way.....mallet and chisel!

15. guffey

guffey

speed shop sign.jpg
    guffeystuff 004.jpg

RoccoandCheaters (2).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Guffey,

What's the story on your neon sign purchase photos?

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife watches every one of their shows and the reruns time and again. She had that one on when I got home from work but it was about over. Wish I had paid more attention now.

18. ...................Very cool.

19. I love the sign! HRP

[​IMG]

20. Stellar sign, Guffy! Nice pic, Danny!

21. Awesome sign, THANK YOU for not re-painting it!

Sam gave our club a tour of the place in 2006, unfortunately I missed it and never got a chance to get back.

22. Thanks for posting the photo Guffey..I now have a cool new desktop background .:) HRP

23. Speed~On

Speed~On

The Speed Shop sign is outrageously cool! It was interesting seeing all the cool items in that building. I felt bad for the man when he said, "If I were 40 years younger I would reopen the shop in a heartbeat".

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Packfordatwork.jpg The NOS 15x10 chrome slots I have on my 1934 Ford came from Rocco and Cheaters, cat piss has kinda ruined em a bit sadly. They sent them with bunches of water decals and postcards.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

FWIW, I love Danielle but I don't know why

26. 56shoebox

56shoebox

I subscribed to this thread. I crave more info and photos on the R&C Speed Shop. Pics of the lovely Danielle would be nice too. I saw her last year at the Syracuse Nationals.

27. Larry T

Larry T

28. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I forgot!!! must be half-himers! If it should show up again please alert us again.

29. Yeah,she is attractive but this thread ain't about women,,lets get back on track before it gets shut down. HRP

30. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I watched it last night and that panel was amazing. I can see why he didn't want to sell it.