Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion at Thompson Anyone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pops90gt, Jun 3, 2014.

1. pops90gt

pops90gt

Anybody going or have been there in the past. Any advise or suggestions about the event

2. This is a great event. Haven't missed a one. Gassers, 409's, nostalgia dragsters, swap meet. Looks like there will be good weather for a change too. Go to www.thompsonracewaypark.com

3. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

I'll be there need to test motor repairs,this event is notorious for getting rained out we had just a couple of dry ones but it's looking like a good weekend for the race and if you like Gassers,altereds,f.e.d.s and any number of assorted nostalgic cars you will see some of the best you will not regret going.Dave

4. daliant

daliant

Definitely worth the trip, lots of nice cars there. The weather looks good for fri, sat.

5. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Almost everyone I know is going - you'll have a great time!

6. berresfordracing

berresfordracing
    from ohio

We are going to be there, bringing a 66 barracuda. We had it there last year but broke an axle on the third pass. Hopefully it does better this year.

7. careyohio

careyohio

Rob will be there with the HURST "GASSER PASSER" so everyone can see the progress we have made on it since last year.

vintagedrags likes this.
  8. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

This is my favorite event of the year!! I won't be there this year because I'm getting married. But I hope to be there next year with my 56 Chevy gasser. Build thread to start this summer, stay tuned!

9. Trying to get a few friends to attend. I have missed it in the past, and will be making it this year to watch the races. Hope to run my Studebaker there next year.

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be there. Leaving the car home but we always have a great time!!!

11. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Do not miss this one ever. Great event .if you like nostalgia racing this is the one to attend..Just make sure you get a hot dog in the pit side snack shack...This race has it goin on !!!!!!!!!!!

12. 442 c/g

442 c/g

It`s a good time, used to make it every year, I liked it better when it was fri. sat. and sun. Not taking the car this year just gonna ride the bike up for a day to bs some old friends i`ve met there.

Don

13. WDobos

WDobos

I'll be there with a few of my friends,always a great time and the weather is to be good Fri. and Sat.

14. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

If you missed this event - you missed a REALLY great one this year. There were so many NEW cars there it was fantastic! Between the sunburn (note to self - it isn't enough to bring sun block - you actually have to put it on!) and chasing our tails with the fuel system on my dragster - I was whooped and left a tad early today, but man oh man was it a GREAT time! If you're ever on the fence for this event I can't recommend enough to come out a have a great time! I wish I could have talked more with some of the people there (like 31vicky) but I was a tad distracted with our gremlins - next time! Even with our gremlins - this event was so damned fun!!!! If you went , PLEASE post some pics!!!! ;-)

15. daliant

daliant

No 409 shootout this year ??

16. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

We were there and had a Great time, What a Show!! Best one there I have ever been to.
    Scott Green nv III.jpg

PA Gas likes this.
  17. careyohio

careyohio

Scott,
    Love your car !!! ......and thanks for bringing the fiberglass firewall for the Gasser Passer.

18. My first time to this show, and it was one of the best times I've had in years. I took alot of pictures and had a blast. Took my dad with me, and he had a wonderful time. I will be back for sure. Great cars, nice people, overall a top show in my favorite memory at car events.

19. c57heaven

c57heaven

great event, great weather. No 409's :(
    plenty of new cars, good to see.

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_7517.jpg
    What a great time we had at Thompson. Perfect weather and great racing. We left the car home this year and decided to just be spectators. This is Barbara Hamilton, my husband Larry and I in the stands.

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_7097.jpg
    Our good friend Sammy Cooper from Australia having a great time.

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

anyone else take some pics to post here?

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob Wenzleberger who is a member here took a lot of them. I don't know what his posting plans are though.

24. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10363987_743190445724751_4662823522985271478_n.jpg
    The finals in the AA/GS round. The Traveler won. Very happy crew.

25. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

DSC02370.JPG Had a total blast there! Here's me (near) getting strapped in and Greg K. (far) in his "The Last Logghe" altered - getting ready for a pass. Good times!!

26. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Jacin' - HemiRambler - sent me this great video of a couple of match races we had. Check out the in-car video - almost like being in the cockpit with Racin' Jacin. I got a great view of its backside once we left the line. The Last Logghe altered can't keep up with that hemi, even when the fuel curve was off. Enjoy.

Wonderful to see you again Jay. Let's do it again next year.

Video by Dawn Mazi

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  27. c57heaven

c57heaven

28. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Youtube has a bunch from last year: