Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Randolph (OH) June 7-8th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, May 29, 2014.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Randolph swap meet (Rootstown OH) went back to a 2 day event, for the Spring event only. Saturday June 7th and Sunday June 8th. I'll be back inside the building selling car movies and movie posters.
    Not really known for traditional parts, but then again it's not loaded jewelry, lawn equipment, birdhouses and chinese tools either. Lot's of garage cleaners with giveaway prices and if you look hard enough you can find some treasures.

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Randolph used to be THE swap-meet back in the day. Always liked it better than Canfield, more sensible lay-out IMO. Haven't been there since it went to a 1 day event. Planning on going Saturday. Hope it recovers to days of old.

3. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Thompson Gasser meet that same weekend (Friday&Sat) and has a swap meet also.

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I used to vend at Thompson when Ernest McIntyre and Gasser Magazine ran it Mickey....but every damn time I went it rained !!!
    So for the benefit of the event and Drag Racing in general I gave it up! (That's BS...I just got tired of getting wet and my canopies blowing down) ....hope you guys have sunshine up the ying-yang...great event

5. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Randolph was the first swap meet I ever vended....late 70's or early 80's maybe....Hope it comes back to it's heyday. None of them are what they were even 10 years ago....but I'll still go till I can't stand up

6. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Bob;I will be running at Thompson need to check engine repairs but if they don't use Sunday as a rain date i'll plan to go to Randolph Sunday

7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Ya Dave, I would rather be at Thompson vending myself...got a few new DVD's in you may like But I'll have them at Canfield in July if I miss you

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  8. fleabag

fleabag

Starting to load up ! randulghe.jpg

9. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'll be just inside the door of the "L" shaped building fleabag if you need anything. Driving up Friday night but Building will be closed by the time I get there so will be in early Saturday morning to set up.
    Weather looks decent (rare for Randolph) so good luck selling, hope you do well

10. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

head out tomorrow after work...see you all there Saturday morning !