Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is there an online-accessible engine mount catalog with pix?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58custom, Jun 2, 2014.

1. 58custom

58custom

Not trad but there is no better forum on the web to ask IMO.

I'm re-powering an MG Midget and I made custom mount frames and used the universal bolt-through engine mount cushion kit from Speedway but since the engine is a four cylinder I think the V8-sized cushions are too hard and a lot of engine vibration is being transmitted to the unibody. I'd like to find a mount with two studs or a through bolt like the Speedway but more sized to a four. Config and overall dimensions are critical so I would like to page through a catalog of off-the-shelf (perhaps replacements for OEM types) and find a few options.

2. stimpy

stimpy

if you go to rock auto.com most of there stuff has pictures , you would have to make selections and go thru each one to see what they looked like , also make sure your not using the poly mounts as them things are stiff and almost feel like a solid mount the way they transfer noise and vibration , rubber ones should be softer .

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Those speedway mounts Biscuits are notoriously soft. I've had them squish to 1/3 there size under the weight of my SBC, they should work on a banger, I would think. What's your trans mount like?

4. 58custom

58custom

Rubber puck sammich, one set per side.

[​IMG]

5. Phil1934

Phil1934

You probably want a hydraulic motor mount if they will fit. Search 2003 GMC Envoy.

6. Snarl

Snarl

take a look at www.mcmaster.com they have several kinds of mounts that will work in an automotive application, and they are a lot cheaper than the aftermarket car stuff.