Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. telekenfun

telekenfun

Hmmm------ I've watched with anticipation for nearly a year to see your car in color. The last mention of going to paint, they re-scheduled you in for mid March, now it's the 23rd of May. Your paint guys are beginning to fall into the category of so many body shops that are best described as "flakey". After all this waiting and possibly excuse making on their part I wouldn't be surprised if the next word you get is that the shop is closed. It's happened too too many times to too many of us. HAMB may have a thread of all the horror stories of projects stalled or lost to marginal operation. This can't be the only paint shop in the Netherlands. Be careful, Investigate. Check with their previous clients. Inquire with your better business bureau. CYA. Just sayin!
    You've done a wonderful job on your car so far, keep leaning into it to completion.
    Best Regards and Good Luck with all your endeavors, KB.

2. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

hope u didnt say aah take your time,,,worst thing u can say to a body shop,,,,good luck cant wait to see more

3. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

Any news on the body shop Eric?

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

sounds kinda quiet here.

5. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody heard from Eric lately? I hope nothing is wrong. He has always been around here on an almost daily basis and he hasn't posted in over a month.

6. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Nope,i havent hear from him either..
    I hope everything is fine with him.

7. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

PPG...? Post paint grouchiness...lol. Seriously, hope you are doing fine Eric.

8. Eric is just fine. Had the pleasure to meet him last week on a local meeting in Amsterdam,
    I am sure He will get back soon with progress :).

Sander,

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

rockable likes this.
  9. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats good to hear,thanks Sander!

10. farmer12

farmer12

Well I'm back and doing fine! It has certainly been a long time since I posted.....mainly due to personal matters and also the fact that there hasn't been any major progress. But, that is about to change! I finally got a call that there is space for my car at the body shop. I didn't waste any time, so Bart and I loaded the Plymouth onto the trailer and drove the 6 miles to the shop. Here are a few pics of the new chapter in the build. IMG_1166.JPG IMG_1169.JPG IMG_1170.JPG IMG_1176.JPG

Attached Files:

Hogman and hemi v8 like this.
  11. wheelnutmarc

wheelnutmarc

Great to see that you are back at it,and ful throttle a head now!!!
    You got some time to catch up!!!

12. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see you back at it!

13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yeah,welcome back,Eric!

14. WoHoo!!! Time to get the party started again!

OahuEli likes this.
  15. Nice to see some progress Eric and the end is in sight (if that's English ?)

Groeten Hennie

16. I havent been around much, myself latley, but im still checking in when i can. At least ive not missed anything, good to see your still making progress.

17. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks guys, it's good to be back at it. The initial work on the front fenders has started! IMG_1167.JPG IMG_1171.JPG

Hogman and rockable like this.
  18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great news, much anticipation to see this hot rod finished!

19. Glad to see you back in the saddle, Eric! and a pleasure to see some progress!

Cheers, Carsten

20. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Been waiting for the new chapter, have a nice summer Eric!

21. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

cool, love the progress!!!

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

I haven't been around here much lately either, great to see some progress!

23. Great to see were on the road again.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. farmer12

farmer12

I know, I know.....I haven't posted in a while. My divorce has now been finalized and I'm getting back on my feet in all aspects while getting used to the new situation...

Getting back to the build....Mounted the doors and the vertical gaps are now what they should be. Because I've done quite a bit of welding on these doors during the course of the build, slight deformation has occurred. But this has now been rectified.

One of the last metal issues I still need to adres is the deck lid. As you know, I've replaced a lot of metal of the inner deck lid and a few changes are still required before it will fit the outer deck lid perfectly. Anyway, I've mounted the inner deck lid and placed the outer skin on top. I'll have some time to start on this next thursday. IMG_1388.JPG IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG

Hogman likes this.
  25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Good to see some progress,but sorry to hear about the divorce.
    I think focusing on something else,(like building something) is a good therapy when you are having a downhills in your personal life.Keep up the good work!

26. Sorry to hear about your divorce Eric, hope you find happiness again in your Plymouth.

Groeten Hennie

27. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome back, Eric.

28. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

sorry to hear about the divorce. But at least she didn't get the car :) Here in the US that kind of stuff can happen. great to see some progress many of us hambers have been waiting with great anticipation to see it, of course it is a double edged sword for us, I fear once it is done I will have nothing more to look forward to on here.

29. 4rod

4rod

sorry to hear bout personal matters...those are always tough...n tough to get back into life...dive in and soon you'll be cruzin into the sun with the wind an worries at your back