Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "I shouldn't have sold that"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MARTINSPEED, Apr 23, 2014.

1. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

I regret selling my 58 Brookwood wagon (my first car/ high school car) when I was 18 I was bored with it and had a couple other projects and we had another 58 Brookwood wagon so at the time it didn't seem like a bad deal. Dad ended up giving me his 58 wagon to replace mine. well we ended up selling that one two( it went to sweden). So here we are 7-8 years later ( im married and we have two kids 3 and a 1 year old) and I've been looking on and off for it for about 5 years so im surfing cl and there's a guy on ca Craigslist selling spare 58 wagon parts so I'm looking at the pictures and there's the yeoman badges,6 cylinder tailgate badge and the craig/chevrolet/arvada dealer emblem no way! these are our old parts off a parts car we had. So I call the guy and ask him if he owns a 58 Brookwood wagon that he bought around the lake Havasu area.he did (I FINALLY FOUND IT) then he tells me its on a boat to Germany WTF! Man do I miss that car and now theres probably no chance of ever getting it back because of the shipping costs on top of what he paid for the car. But the seller did send some pics and man did they bring back memories

Here's a couple pics I had just sprayed it in grey primer because I was tired of the flat black look fading every few months
    and the new owner sprayed it flat black almost immediately after buying it. but other than the ugly bucket seats that's how I cruised it in high school same motor/trans same cragers same black look. Well at least it's going to someone who will appreciate it. time to find another wagon maybe a 58 nomad this time???!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

Attached Files:

3. Sold a complete (off topic) 67 Fairlane Gt with a 427 tunnel port engine. All the goodies like big input/output 4 speed, nodular 5:13 Equalock rearend, correct 2x4 setup, NASCAR crank/rods. It was SS legal....let the whole car go for $2000. "I shouldn't have sold that" understatement...

4. G'day, Back in 77 sold a complete 55 Chevy gasser with a 302 and M22 with a bieber shifter. Then last year sold a complete 427 l88.

ms

5. bathcollector

bathcollector

6. bathcollector

bathcollector

7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

This one!

Attached Files:

8. High5

High5

This one. A 1949 Chevy coupe. Had a 283, Mellings solid lifter cam, fenderwell headers, Borg Warner 4 speed, Mustang buckets. The late Peter Sukalac photographed it in 1981. That was a memorable experience. I really regret selling it.

As the car appeared in 1969

[​IMG]

9. DrJ

DrJ

I wish I hadn't sold (or lost in divorces) any/all of them!

10. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

where do i start? dad wanted me to take his '30 model truck but i said sell it ! i was raising kids and had nuttin to spend on a car, STUPID !
    lets see also a 46 ford coupe, cool car
    some OT cars, 67 lemans cpe, 67 gto conv., 66 gto cpe, 65 gto conv. 3dueces and a 4spd ! my favorite. why o why did i do that?

11. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

this one...big time. Paid $400 for it and sold it for $1500 in 1977

Attached Files:

12. classic gary

classic gary

ugh, lets see, '57 chevy 150 2 door, '59 chevy 2 door post, (a real 348 4 speed car), 56 chevy 210 2 door, '28 A tudor, '69 RS Z28, '69 plain Camaro, '67 plain Camaro, '59 El Camino, '57 3100, '65 Honda 305 scrambler, '64 Chushman, damn it.....................................those are the ones i shoulda kept. the rest, well, they don't hurt so much.

13. 1950 Mercury and 1965 Impala 2 door hardtop. I sold the Mercury cause my parents said if I sold that they would by me a brand new truck and jet ski. Never did get the truck or the jet ski.

14. sold how about giveaways, 53chev, 55chev bel air 265 3sp 2door post ........... then haul a perfectly good slow cooker to the salvation army drop box only to read the next day guys using them as parts cleaners. count me as making mistakes since '67

15. jhutch713

jhutch713

I really don't know where to start without ranting on for half an hour, so I'll keep it simple...I'd love to have back my first truck 1979 ford shortbed, and a complete 1956 f100 with a nearly perfect body I picked up for $900 sold for $5000...and still regret it.

16. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

When I was in high school in the late 70's my Dad gave me a '59 Chassis research K88 roller, after a few years of it sitting by the side of the house on the trailer he said if you aren't going to do anything with it I'm gonna get rid of it. I Didn't and he did.

17. 19vegas56

19vegas56

64 Impala SS convertable, 65 Impala SS convertable, 58 Biscayne, 50 Stude Starlite just to start with. Who knew back in the day?

18. CaliDreamin'

CaliDreamin'

I got a 30' Chevy 3 window for my 6th grade graduation. Never finished it and sold it off to build something different in high school. Ugh.

"Insert Epic Quote Here"

19. \'58 Corvette down by the lake.jpg Bought my '58 Corvette in 1966 for $850. Sold it 2 years later for $1550. Thought I was brilliant!
    Sold my Rochester fuel injected Bel Air in the mid 60's for $800. Thought I hit a homerun.

There were many others I tore thru in my formative years but the worst bonner was selling my '67 427" Corvette coupe, air-conditioned, side exhaust's, Powerglide, tinted windows, power windows, and more.
    Got a whopping $2,300 bucks for it.
    The shame!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  20. 62rebel

62rebel

i got a different result; i got one i'm sorry i sold but i was told today the new owner had done a club coupe conversion on the '51 Ford i had a couple of years back. so, really, it's a much better car than i could have done with it. shiny side to everything!

21. My uncle sold a 1949 Mercury named Cherry Delite it was in a museum for many years I am now trying to buy it back, it is no longer in the museum but the new owner might sell it. If my uncle was alive he would probably say that was one of the one's that shouldn't of gotten sold.

22. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

got out of service and bought a '64 impala ss ragtop (6 year old car) for $650. needed fluid for the top hydraulics and an idler arm. drove it a year or so and sold it for $700 so i could buy a '67 camaro for $1,000. hated the camaro and missed the chevy ever since the day i sold it. i happened to see it a couple years later and the guy i sold it to had trashed it!

23. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

[​IMG]
    Sold this one a couple of years ago.

Not by choice it seems, as seller's remorse set in within a few hours

24. dedennis

dedennis

Hands down 38 Lincoln zephyr convertible. Not much left but could have been a cool rod sold for 700 bucks. 1957 Chevy pick up I sold for $300 does not hurt as bad. 1965 mustang. Great 1988 Corvette.

25. 64 Pontiac Gran Prix, 421 Tri-power 4 spd. in 1972 Got $25 for it. Never seen another with those options.

26. KeithA31

KeithA31

Traded a 48 anglia for a weber clutch/pressure plate/flywheel and a Muncie M22 w/shifter in '69, it was just a shell on a rolling chassis, but still, it was an Anglia

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the "woulda-coulda-shoulda" syndrome. "if only" is a tough one too. '51 Ford Woodie, '47 Ford Coupe, '67 Ford Fairalne GT 390/4 speed, chopped '54 Chevy (now in Japan), etc. if I had some common sense, and more importantly the money and the room to keep stuff life would be a lot more enjoyable. of course, access to so much now through the internet & H.A.M.B. changes your perspective on things too.

28. This in 74 for 500 bucks..........
    [​IMG]
    and this in 74 for 500 bucks 74 was a sucked year
    [​IMG]
    Brought my son home from the hospital in this his first ride in a car.........shit

29. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

Where to begin? 65 Mustang, 68 Camaro, 67 GTO, 69 GTO. 69 Fairlane station wagon, both a 59 and a 62 Ford stepside pick-up trucks. And more wheels and performance parts than you can shake a stick at!

30. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Except for a couple of "parts cars", every car or truck I've ever owned!!! BUT, the most stupid thing I've ever done was to "GIVE AWAY" ALL my old Dual Range Race Hydros, spare parts, and literature. The guy I gave it all to wanted it "so bad" for his 40 Willys Gasser project, but a couple of years later he sold it all to Tom Willford (RIP). Tom would't tell me what he paid, but I later GAVE him another Hydro and shifter I came into; I DO NOT regret doing that. At one time, I had 3 Sedan Deliveries at once; 2 56's and a 57. Previously, I had another 56 Sedan Delivery; that made for a total of 10 56 Chevrolets, several 55 and 57 Chevrolets, a 56 Chevrolet half ton P/U, and a 58 Chevrolet 3/4 ton P/U (X-Navy truck, still Navy Grey, that somewhere along the line, someone had installed a 55, 4 barrel, 265 engine in) I've owned. The new cars I bought, and later sold, would be worth 12-15 times what I paid for them. I no longer give anything away, and currently have no plans on selling anything either, especially parts. My personal newest vehicle is an 82 Chevrolet Silverado P/U that's been in my family since new, although I have bought my wife several new Fords over the years. That's right, I'm a Chevrolet guy married to a Ford woman!!! So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.