Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What you find in your backyard.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GoinGreen, May 28, 2014.

1. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

My neighbor is cleaning up an old farm and an old car showed up by the road that was clearly going to scrap. Him and his mom have been good neighbors for about ten years now so I asked about the car when we crossed paths. They tell me that there are about ten more cars "over the hill". Then, they tell me that I am welcome to go look around knowing that I enjoy old junk. Here are some quick pics I snapped. I found a full set of 57 chevy hubcaps, some old Nash's, an early 60's pontiac, and a bunch of neat old farm equipment. I know the pics of the cars are a little new for here, but I was floored that I had lived in my place for nearly ten years and had no awareness of them. My neighbors are very watchful of their property and I would not have been invited to snoop around had I not built a good relationship with them through the years. I asked them if they had any interest is selling parts and pieces and they are. I will try to get more pictures, maybe some of the stuff can go to a good home.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. st.rod

st.rod

The vair and the 64 both have value. Drag 'em home

Larry

3. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

I told them not to sell for scrap, there are quite a few good parts someone could use

4. ph8ed4life

ph8ed4life
    from AZ

My goodness, that 64 would have dropped my jaw! What's the word on it?

And, what had they drug out by the road?

-Matt

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"quite a few good parts someone could use" ..... that 64 looks like a builder to me. didn't look at the Corvair.

6. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Get 'em home!

7. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

@GoinGreen
    OH you said NASH, an entire car?

If you end up being the 'broker' for these folks and need some help let me know.
    Not in a pay me now kind of way but a heavy lifting and determinig value kind of thing.

Jeff.

8. The only thing worth picking on the Corvair is the steering box and column. Been there, done that, watched them scrapped. If it has the turbo motor that would also be worth saving.

Impala is a good saver, it looks buildable.

The Pontiac may have some value, at least for the drivetrain if it's a 4-door. And the Nashes may be worth saving if they're in similar shape, particularly if any are coupes.

9. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Rambler wagon and a 58 Biscayne

10. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Thanks. I might try to get a photo inventory of the usable parts. Some if the cars are buried with either a trunk or front clip exposed. It was surprising that the grills or chrome hadn't been pulled. There was also a collection of old seats that looked to have been pulled out and put in the old house

11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I hate you guys! Even your junk is better then the one we have here, sold as fixable but used!

Okay, maby I don't hate you, but I'm slightly mis-pleased!

Those cars are more then saveable!!!

12. alchemy

alchemy

I'm in central Iowa like GoinGreen, and if those cars have been sitting on Iowa soil for any length of time they are swiss cheese underneath. Looks like they are right down on the ground to me. That is soft, wet, loamy Iowa dirt, not some sandy stuff that wicks the water away.

But, there looks to be plenty of usable parts on those cars. If the owners are gonna scrap them, ask to pay them scrap price and haul them off to part out and make a profit. And also rescue some good old car parts. Or sell it whole to a real ambitious HAMBer from outta state.

13. Yep what he said!! !

14. GoinGreen

GoinGreen

Yes, the dirt has them for sure. But they seemed intact and there are many pieces that could help folks with their projects. Double trouble on the Corvair, like a bathtub sitting in dirt after the convertible top went.