Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1922 Model T roadster/speedster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modeltjunky, May 2, 2014.

1. modeltjunky

modeltjunky

I bought a 1922 Ford Model T speedster at the end of 2013. The plan was to put a new brake band, start and do an oil change to get it ready for my clubs 2014 tour season. When I got the car running it always ran off 3 cylinders. So I did a tune up and it didn't help. I took it out the a friend Chris's (powerwagonmaniac) shop to enlist his help and also the help of Clayton (MrModelT). Well come to find out the #3 piston was I 6 pieces. Yes 6! And the car still ran and drove at 50mph. Kinda scary to think about. Anyhow the block was too scared to do a home repair so we decided to pull it out and send it out to get rebuilt. In the words of Mr.ModelT any job worth doing, is worth doing right. So here we are now with another build from frame up. And a completely new design. Here are some pics of when I first bought it and the beginning of the tear down and I will keep you updated as we go along!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB and the world of Model T Speedsters and Speed Equipment. Look forward to watching your build. Bob

3. modeltjunky

modeltjunky

Thank you. I'm excited to build this car and being able to share with you

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Do a search of the HAMB and you will find a lot of useful info from other builds, lots of T people here. Bob

5. modeltjunky

modeltjunky

OK I will definitely do that!

6. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hey Junky

When you get her all painted , have to let Mitch Kim do his striping thing as he is one of the best and right in your back yard too !!

G Don

7. modeltjunky

modeltjunky

Is he located in the N.W? Or does he have a web page?

8. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Send me a PM for his phone number, he has no website

He is in Clackamas

G Don

9. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Hey I finally found your post Jeremy. Jeremy I go way back together. His grandpa Ralph helped my dad get our 1919 model T touring " tin tillie" up and running back in the early1980's. Jeremy and I have been on many tours tours together. You got to post some pics of your other T's especially my personal favorite the families 1923 pickup. Currant update on the project have the bare frame sitting in the shop awaiting Sandblasting ( hopefully next weekend) then start mocking the frame up for its lowering job.

10. modeltjunky

modeltjunky

Little bit of an update on the speedster/roadster build.
    After having a wonderful day of playing with the old cars at the shop. Taking them for a drive( Chris's mother drives her 1909 Brush like a bat out of Hell), a bit of tinkering on my 1923 pick up. Notice I finally got a pic of the family truck posted Chris? Thanks to Chris aka Powerwagonmaniac, We finally got the frame sand blasted and set at ride height. On Tuesday night I wasn't able to make it out to the shop due to my work hours but Clayton welded on the frame horns and man do they look great! Thank you Clayton, aka Mr.Model T.

Attached Files: