Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 Apache Fleetside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keljkey, May 26, 2014.

1. keljkey

keljkey
    from Utah

I recently picked up a 59 Apache Fleetside and had some questions for you experts. It was a CA original owner (family) truck. I believe everything is original on it except for a low budget paint job that looks to be 20 years or so old.
    My question is, the paint code on the panel shows 707A which from what I have read online is Dawn Blue. What has me confused is the family said it was a solid white truck originally. They even gave me some old photos of it in which it appears to be white (Hard to tell because of the black and white photo). Any thoughts on this?

Also the

2. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Paint codes don't lie. Dawn Blue is correct.

3. mt94ss

mt94ss

Pull off a trim piece, like the headlight or taillight ring, and see what is under it. The firewall is also painted body color so what is that color? Look behind the inner fenders, you should see the original color.

If it is a cheapo repaint I doubt they blew it apart to paint it. Should be fairly easy to find the original color.

Post some pics. Is it long or short?

Mike