Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage BEATERSVILLE..What a Great Day!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, May 26, 2014.

1. Sunday Activity...Nope, did not go the track to see the Indy 500... But I was in Speedway at 6:30AM.. The Bubba's Hot Rod shop crew elected to go to "The Beatersville Car Show" in Lexington KY. We meet at the Hot Rod Shop on main Street in Speed way. It's about a 2.5 hr ride from here... The trip down was a challenge as Bubba's "Real Steel Special" Model A decided to throw-up antifreeze all over everything,, it think it was due to being at the "Snake Pit" all night .
    [​IMG]
    We picked up "Speedie" and his Poncho wagon on the way down...
    [​IMG]
    Tim's Studabaker Pickup ran flawlessly...
    [​IMG]
    We did make it though, and the Show did not disappoint. This is considered a "Traditional Bike and Car show...and was truly represented by both. ( I fell in love with this pan Head...restored bobber, Damn it was nice...) There were Gassers, VW's, Diggers, Bikes of all kind and more. Three was a few very nicely done customs that were chopped, channeled and sectioned beauties.
    They had bands all day, on 2 floors,,,lovely ladies , great cars, good friends and food...
    You name it was there. I don't know how many cars they get in al the streets surrounding the Phoenix Tavern, (the HQ for the show) but it was packed.. There were multiple vendors, Pin Stripers, Lovely young ladies competing for the prize of being Ms. Beatersville.
    Enough of this rambling... JUST LOOK AT THE PICS..
    Enjoy, but don't pirate them (copyright ya know... )

https://picasaweb.google.com/105421993671397259537/Beatersville5252014?authkey=Gv1sRgCInor6jpmJ-0Aw#

seadog and lawman like this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

NICE pix. Thanx for the time travel session. Gary

3. toucan

toucan
    from sc

that looks like a great show,but where is it held?it looks like its in front of peoples houses!

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Looks like a great turnout. The model a sedan with coupe side windows was pretty cool. Looked like a nice mix of cars. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

5. Thanks for the pictures looked like a Great Show!

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Dont you mean Louisville Ky?

lawman likes this.
  7. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

8. Low Budget: Thanks for catching that...WOOPS... Louisville....Not Lexington... :)
    toucan: it's really on city streets surrounding the Phoenix Tavern, They block off several block of the area...
    Motoandy: That sedan, was top notch...
    Thank's for looking at the shots.. it was a good day...

lawman likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

10. Thanks for the pictures, looked like a great show !

11. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Great time yesterday. Thanks for posting those pics. I don't know how you manage to get most of the cars in full shots without people in them. I can never do that since everything and everybody is all bunched up. I think the whole charm of the Beatersville show is the area where it's held. No "Good Guy's" type atmosphere. Lots of pretty ladies, that never hurts.

lawman likes this.
  12. 50specialdeluxe

50specialdeluxe

Great pics tierod! And fantastic show as always. Does anyone know which car got Beater of the Year?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Looks like a good turn out and there seems to be a bunch of gasser styled cars. HRP

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for the photos Bill

I am glad you caught a ride and enjoyed yourself. You deserve it.

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Great cars,lovely ladies and good food.What more could a gear head want?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. Burtuckyboy

Burtuckyboy

Finally got to go this year. It lived up to the hype. Great cars, people, and weather. I see now why they don't have room for swap meet. Maybe by next year they can secure another block for one. Thanks for pics...

17. Had a blast once again...this show never dissappoints. IMO...the best Traditional & Custom event in the SE.
    Also...congrats the my Knuckleheads Alabama CC brethren!!! We won the Club Participation award!

18. Just found out that the first pic in this thread.. Bubba's "REAL STEEL Special: is now for sale,,,dang....where's my wallet when I need it....

[​IMG]

19. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks for posting. We had a great time once again with the group from the Bourbon run. We had just under 50 cars on the run. We also picked up a couple awards from the show, the long haul award went to my brother Chris in his blown falcon and Mike Marquardt won the Poor Boys CC pick in his Chevy. It was a great time indeed. Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

20. Cool pics - Thanks! Looks like a great time.

That Studebaker truck has me sincerely wishing I would have taken the two offered to me years back for free...

21. Great pics. Looks like a fantastic show. I think I need to make the trip to this event next year!!

22. Robber Grin.... That "Stud"abaker is sitting on a Dakota chasis. runs hard...V8 5spd...right stance...Tim and friends did a great job on the conversion...BOBWOP has a kool one for sale, look him up.

23. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Thanks for the great pix, tierod. Beatersville is truly a unique show and my first time as a participant with the Fred Cain 1940 Ford coupe which received a Top Ten award. It was resurrected from the dead and restored by a series of HAMBers who deserve all the credit. Thanks Beatersville and thanks HAMBers. Fred would be very proud. Flatheads and 40 Fords forever!

lawman likes this.
  24. tierod - I bet it scoots / ditto - very nice stance.

I wish - gotta finish the 62 I'm building... miss being able to run around in something old (other than my carcass).