Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where to buy 38-39 Ford truck grill Trim Ring?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WCRiot, May 23, 2014.

1. WCRiot

WCRiot

Guys
    I am looking for part numbers 8157 and 8184 to complete the grill on my truck. I can't find these pieces anywhere. Do you have any idea where i can buy these pieces reproduction or used?

Does anyone have pictures of these trim pieces so i can see what they look like and attempt to fabricate them?
    [​IMG]

2. Did you try Bob Drake?

If you can find a reproduction piece you might think about posting in the classifieds under wanted,,both here and the Ford Barn. HRP

3. do you have a '38 or a '39. The piece of stainless around the outer perimeter is the same, but everything else is different. The only grille part that is reproduced is the V8 emblem for '38. Good luck finding NOS or good used stainless for either year.

4. if you do find a usable one that makes you a lucky guy! when i had my 38 found a NOS set and 2K was the asking price. called the guy back 2 later about different part and that trim was sold and heading to the U.K!

5. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Did you try Bob Drake ?

6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

IMG_0434.JPG I have a decent set for sale but they are attached to the whole grill which you would have to also buy. It is for sale on the HAMB classifieds.

7. WCRiot

WCRiot

Bob Drake's website doesn't seem to have the pieces but i have emailed them.