Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big bottom girl or The big ugly It's finished

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaco, Oct 13, 2013.

1. I really like the Blue! HRP

2. Yep, that's a great shade of blue!

Steve

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like the blue as whale....sorry well...LOL! Great build.

4. You wont see another one like that! I like it! Here in east T.N. you just metion snow and everyone makes a mad dash to the food store for milk, eggs and bread.,Why thoses things I don't know,.,,I just make sure I have vodka.,lol.,Bruce.

5. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Epic result.

Well struck indeed, sir.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  6. jaco

jaco

Small update. Working on the wiring. Have taillights and headlights installed. Awfully slow going when you get to this point!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man thats coming out nice!

8. jaco

jaco

An update on the Big Ulgy.
    I took off 4 or 5 weeks to get the house and the yard in shape for spiring. I also built the grandkids a treehouse-playhouse. Now that that is done I can get back to work on the car.
    When I quit I had installed a new Keep-It-Simple wiring kit in it. I thought that I had it ready to crank but when I tried, I had no fire. I checked to see if I had 12v with the key in run and I did. Still no fire. So I looked at the distributor and it looked pretty bad inside. I was planning on replacing it later so I bought a new one from top to bottom. Still no fire. What the hell? Checked volts again and still had 12v with the key in run. I then checked volts with the motor turning over and found that I lost the voltage. Ok now I am getting somewhere . So I check it at the column mounted ing. sw. and no volts with it turning over but volts in run. I had 12v coming into the switch. So bad sw. right? So I replaced the sw. Same problem. Now I am really mad.
    Now this is the sw. on top of the GM column. The Keep-It-Simple harness comes with the plugs for this sw. installed. After some investigating and looking how the sw. works I found that they had the brown acc. wire and the pink coil wire reversed. I changed them and it started right up. So if you have a kit from them you might keep this in mind. It cost me a days worth of work. I am going to call them Monday and see what they say.
    So after that I wanted to see what the color looked like in the sun. I drove it down to the house and washed it off. The color really looks good in the sun.
    Now that I have it running again, I can get to work on the stance and get the rear down.

Here is a pic in the sun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. WOW!! That is one pretty big girl. Congrats, very well done! Mikey.

10. 1949*john

1949*john

hey and they say you can't make pork out of pig tails -- I would say you came damn close !
    I would name it nosy though
    great job you did my friend .

11. This car makes me think of the B-52's song "Love Shack"

"I've got me a Chrysler and it's as big as a whale" :D HRP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9SOryJvTAGs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

The color looks great!

13. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That blue with the chrome is a perfect choice!
    Car looks Killer!
    T

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

That's funny. The "great blue whale"

Seriously though, the Chrysler turned out great. It will be a great people hauler.

15. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't stop looking at this grin...!
    This car is Awesome!...Great job Man!
    T

Attached Files:

16. jaco

jaco

Well I started the long hard prosess of cutting and buffing her this weekend. Man this thing sure is big. Looks like it will take another 2 weekends to finish. I cut and buffed the front cap and could not wait any longer to put the grill and new chrome on and get a look. It is all installed for the last time now. The grill cleaned up so well I did not paint it black.
    Here are a few progress pics.
    This is me and my helper getting started.
    [​IMG]
    after wet sanding
    [​IMG]
    buffed out
    [​IMG]
    new chrome and cleaned up grill installed.
    [​IMG]

17. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Daaaaamnation. :D

That thing turned out nice.

18. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I Love that massive grille & the 3 pieces of chrome going around fender to front wheel opening. How about some flames in that part of fender with the 3 trim strips as well as flames from rear of front wheel wells back into the lower front door bubble. Then flames coming out of rear wheel wells back around tail lights.

Change those front parking lamps to amber with leds & you might have a look that will eliminate the need for fogs.

Comment on louvered hood & frenched headlights is great. Mild flames on hood thru the louvers. How about dual spots.

Good luck with whatever you deide. Gonna be a real cool ride.
    Jimmie

19. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

I like it, do French the headlights. 2 inch chop would look good but would be a booger bear to do.

20. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

You guys gotta read through to the end before you post on a thread.

Take a look at his last post.

21. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

It looks like you proved if could be done. Sweet ride and great to see the little guy getting to helping on #139.

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wow! Looks like the old girl is smiling! Well done!

23. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Bring the rear down a bit. The rear bumper helped the balance. Desoto hideaway lights would have been nice but it's a bit late now. Maybe next time;-)

24. jaco

jaco

Well I finished cutting buffing the old girl today. Took alot longer than I thought it would but it is a big car. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I think it will do. I will wait until I am finshed with everything before I do the final detailing on it.
    Now I can move onto the glass, interior, stance and all the other little things to put it on the road.
    Getting closer every weekend!

25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Hi Jaco_Outstanding build.My Father used to call those old sweeties"battle cruisers":rolleyes:.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

26. jaco

jaco

Another update. I have the headliner complete so now on to the rest of the interior. It goes to the glass guy on Monday so that will be complete.
    I have been playing with the stance the last two days and have it where I can live with it. Would like to get it just a little lower in the rear but that would take redoing the floors some so this is it.
    Here's couple pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the headliner. Wanted to try a hard headliner. Not bad for my first one.
    [​IMG]

27. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Now then..............................what a sweetheart.

28. jaco

jaco

Geting alot done so far this weekend. Beltline trim repaired, polished and installed. Also the rear suspenion finished up and the bumper brakets made and the bumpers hung. All glass is installed and I got the brakes bleed. The weekend is going too good. I am sure it will slow down. I took vacation all next week to try and get her finished up. The biggest thing now is the interior . Still a lot of tinkering to go .
    A pic as it stands today.
    [​IMG]