Register now to get rid of these ads!

positive comments about the new format

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 24, 2014.

1. We have all read the negative comments,,,it sucks,I like to old one better & what the heck were you thinking? but what about the positive comments.

If you don't like it we have already heard that.

Personally,I have been a member for several years now and managed to survive all the other format changes and every one of them has taken a little time to adjust but each and every one has elevated the Hamb to what it is today,,The Best site on the internet.

I'm still feeling my way around but Ryan & all the moderators are doing a exemplary job of posting the tutorials whenever a question arises.

I enjoy this site and I believe that there are more members that appreciate what Ryan has done than what all the complainers would have us believe. HRP

Model T1 likes this.
  2. upfberg

upfberg

I like it. Like the look but it will take some getting use to.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

I like. I use it on my phone when I'm killing time at work (like now for example) and i think the new format works great!

4. It's taking a little time to figure things out but it's still the h.a.m.b. and you can't beat that. Do I like it? Yes, yes I do...

Model T1 likes this.

5. I like the new setup too. It has the same content and some features are better. Its a lot like reading a magazine now. I am used to it and its the same ole HAMB to me.

6. Everyone says the new 4mat is to bright! I say the future is so bright you gotta wear shades!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well said and timely, HRP.

8. swsimon

swsimon

It takes a little longer to navigate around but overall it works great. Scott

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I wonder if this thread will be immediately deleted like the ones on the other side of the fence. :rolleyes:

Don

10. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

About the time I get the new format figured out, there will be a new format. That's OK---variety is the spice of life. Rave on.

11. Don,there are several threads in the questions & answers that have not been deleted,I just thought it might be the right time for guys like me to take our turn on the provable soap box and spread the gospel. :) HRP

Model T1 likes this.
  12. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I also like the new format but like everything else in life it takes a little time to get used to.

The older we all get any changes in our daily routine take a little to time to adjust to.

Back in 1995 I bought my first computer and learning how to use it was a real trip and I think a few computer tech guys might have retired or committed suicide after receiving all of my phone calls asking 100's of questions.
    Today I use the computer everyday and I could not run a business without it and yes I am still learning new software programs every day.
    How did we every exist before 1998 when Google launched their search engine and to think it's FREE!!!!!!!!
    Any time you upgrade a website and start changing servers it never goes without some problems but from time to time it must be done.

I think everyone involved has done a great job.
    Just my opinion. Jim Hill

Model T1 likes this.
  13. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good before it gets better.

14. Well,as in the previous format,it's easy to post in the wrong section. :D HRP

15. As someone who administrates a couple of computer systems for my work, I realize what a gargantuan task it was to roll out this new version.

Frankly, I'm already used to it. From a user's standpoint, you can do everything you could before, and much more. In my opinion, it all makes logical sense and it's easier to navigate directly to what you want. The UI is cleaner and everything just seems easier to use.

Having released new versions of my systems at work, I recognize the reactions Ryan is getting from users. Some will embrace changes and some will resist. Some are eager to learn, and some find it difficult. I guess it's human nature. For those who are confused, try thinking of it as a new tool you have at your disposal. Just explore the site and click on things to see how it works. Don't be afraid to try things. You ain't gonna break the freakin HAMB!! I guarantee you will discover some pretty cool things, if you haven't already.

For some that are experiencing problems (problems I'm not seeing on my end), I wonder if it might be outdated browser issues. I don't know what it would look like, or how the site would function, on IE6 or an early Mac browser, for example, but I'm guessing a lot of things would not work. I know that browser compatibility issues is one of the biggest issues that I have faced with my users. It's a challenge to move usability and functionality forward when some users are using really old browsers that simply will not support it. I'm just wondering about this but, I don't really know how the HAMB works on the backend so I should probably just shut up.

Anyway, I think Ryan has done an excellent job of addressing people's problems and concerns and identifying and fixing bugs. I would have lost my fucking mind by now. Seriously.

Model T1 likes this.
  16. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, I hadn't been on here for an awful long time. Didn't know the H.A.M.B. was even down until I logged on here maybe a week or so ago, and was greeted by this totally new format. It rocks! New little tricks and cool stuff all over the place. Can't imagine the work it must have been to get all this done.
    Why, you can even get trophies... just like at the drags and stuff!
    I think this is gonna be fun. :D

Model T1 likes this.
  17. I'm okay with the new format, still finding my way around, its fun sorting out new things.

Its got a:

[​IMG]

from me..

Well done Ryan and the team.

Model T1 likes this.
  18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Don, you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown... The only negative comments I've deleted are the ones with no constructive criticism. :)

Model T1 likes this.
  19. 55/98

55/98
    from washington

I like it,Just got to explore it.

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm a 76 yr. old, old fart who doesn't handle change real well, but I think once I learn all the ins and outs of this new format I'll kinda like it. Still haven't tried to use the new "conversation" feature that replaced PMs, but I'm sure that with a little head scratching and cussing, I'll get it done.
    HRP, how did I miss seeing you @ SIM? Or was I having too much fun to remember it?

Model T1 likes this.
  21. Man,you are old and senile.o_O.you,Brett and I talked for several minutes between you banzai runs on the track at Steel in Motion.

And yeah,you were having too much fun! HRP

22. papajohn

papajohn

Did it change?

I honestly don't think it's better or worse.

I don't really know or care what an Instagram is.

I do like the search by state in classifieds. Still can't see asking prices on my phone. I just roll with it like I do everything else.

Posted using a number two pencil on a paper napkin.

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

HRP, you know I'm hard of hearing also. Are you sure I understood it was you? Or maybe it was just having so much fun nothing else mattered! LOL!!!!!!

24. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I didn't care for changes at first but my feeble mind has already adjusted and I can barely remember the old format. Same old hoodlums and hooligans as before!

25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I still can't find the Free Beer button

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

If there was something on the old HAMB that I miss, I've forgotten what it was, the New HAMB is fine with me. Not sure what the "points" are all about, and I noticed I have "Followers", that is scary, you guys will never finish a project either. Bob

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Bob, the Points don't mean anything right now according to Ryan...he says he still doesn't know what to do with them...he thought about using them in the Classifieds. As for Followers...I think those are the people you used to have on your Friends List.

28. Larry,I'm trying to spearhead a campaign to use our trophy points like GREEN STAMPS and swap them for goodies in the Store! :D HRP

shgrstmps.gif

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  29. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Larry,I'm trying to spearhead a campaign to use our trophy points like GREEN STAMPS

Will I have to lick them like we did the green stamps?...............I can still taste glue........................I LIKE IT.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I mean THE NEW H.A.M.B......Not the glue

30. lostmind

lostmind

With all the help , I got it figured out. Feels like home now.