Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from Kansas city

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kylefitzy, Apr 29, 2014.

1. kylefitzy

kylefitzy
    from kcmo

Im a 23 year old kid looking for a late 40's early 50s 4 door to make into a daily driver. Looking forward to soaking up some of the knowledge around here.

2. low51fan

low51fan

Hello and welcome. I used to live in Blue Springs Mo but left in 2005, there used to be a hot rod shop in Independence on highway 40. The guys around there may be able to help you in your search?

3. welcome ....

they have the classified section and cheque it for daily post(s)

4. Welcome from southern New Mexico. Try Model T Haven in Iola KS. Lots of solid builders there.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. kylefitzy

kylefitzy
    from kcmo

Well I bought a 53 4 door Belair. Body a stright with most of the rust repair done (some with bondo unfortunately). The car has an okay paint job defiantly a driver that will have to be done down the road. Interior completely redone a few years back. Runs fairly well except for some flooding that i need to work out. Overall it seems to be exactly what i was looking for. I will get some pictures up later.

6. Kyle, welcome from Kansas City (Blue Springs). What is your history with the old iron? Skills? The '53 sounds like a great project, low5lfan I believe your thinking of 'Hot Rod Express', they may be able to direct you to some like minded hobbists or show up at the Jackson Cruise Night (Saturdays) off I-70 & Blue Parkway by Joe's Crab Shack etc. Plenty of vintage rides and friendly folks to network with.

7. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

Welcome to the hamb from Sedalia mo that sounds like a good car to start with

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. 51 Super

51 Super
    from Iowa

Where's the pics?