Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 Back To The 50's St. Paul, MN June 20, 21, 22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 20, 2014.

1. Speed~On

Speed~On

As I glance at the calendar on the wall I notice we are exactly 1 month from the 2014 Back To The 50's weekend in St. Paul, MN. As many of you are aware this event is hosted by the Minnesota Street Rod Association (MSRA). This will be the 41st year of the show.

I searched the HAMB and did not find a thread for this years event. So, I figured why not start one. I know there are a lot of HAMBers that are faithful attendees as this has become a 'must attend event' for so many. I, myself look forward to this weekend every year. In 2013 over 12,000 1964 (no Mustangs) and older cars filled the MN State Fairgrounds. For those of you that have attended you understand what an epic event this is. For those of you that haven't, you really need to experience it for yourself.

Here is a link to the MSRA website for more information. Hot Rod Registration for the event can also be found here.

http://msra.com

2. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

One of the best shows around. Been going for years, but can't make it this year. Will sure miss it.
    Beautiful fair grounds, lots of shade . I like it better than the NSRA nationals.

3. ems customer service

ems customer service

ems automotive were going 1st time in 7 years going to be in the merchandise mart building.
    bring some stuff to sell but booth is small, if you would like something brought special for you to save on shipping call john 216-541-4585 the trailer is packed early so call soon

the ems guy

4. I'll be there!!!!! Nice thing about the show is there is something for everyone from restos to barn finds and everything in between. Some will make you shake your head, and others will stop you in your tracks.

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

Here is a small sampling of what to expect...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just 3 of the 12,000 + hot rods that attend.

6. I will be there as a first timer - looking forward to it as I've heard a lot about it.

HAMB gathering perhaps?

Speedon likes this.
  7. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

We lived in Red Wing, MN for ten years. I second what HotRodNut said, the fairgrounds is the prettiest and shadiest one we have ever been too and I think second only to TX in size for acreage of state fairgrounds. Truly a super event, much better imho than either of the "commercial nationals" having been to both of those series.

8. Here's some more pics from the event:

Attached Files:

9. sodas38

sodas38

One of the best shows around, if you haven't been you need to check it out. I hope to make it this year if possible.

10. This will be my 16th year going. Can't wait!

11. terry48435

terry48435

This show and the Frog Follies are two of the best.

12. blktie

blktie

This will be my first year. Driving my 54 Pontiac up from Chicago. Looking forward to it!

13. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I never miss it. This is one of the best shows in the country. Don't miss it.

14. cw1949

cw1949

Can't wait. Haven't missed it in 20 years!!

15. 1oldracer

1oldracer

I'm going will be it the Ball Busters Car Club tent near the space needle. Stop by and say hi. Absolutely the best show to go to. A bucket list show. This will be my 14th time going.

16. Speed~On

Speed~On

It's great to read that there will be some 'first timers' attending from the HAMB. You guys are going to have a blast. There will be plenty of traditional style hotrods for you to see.

17. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Wear good shoes, as you'll put on miles and miles walking around to see everything. :)

18. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

This will be our 18th year, best show in the country...

19. Sundown Kid

Sundown Kid

This will be my 4th year in a row! Cant wait, my favorite show. This is truly a MUST to attend if you're a hot rod guy. My head spins on a swivel trying to see everything. Bring good walking shoes! Hopefully the rain will hold out this year for all 3 days!

20. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

i have not missed a year since 1999, ill be there!

21. Man one of these days i'm going. Only a 10 hour pleasure cruise to get there. Keep procrastinating on getting a passport. Might be to late for me this year.....again.

22. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

This year will be my 38th or 39th year attending.

23. alchemy

alchemy

I bet I could count on one hand all the times this has happened in the history of BTTF's. I just hope the showers are short.

24. TinShed

TinShed

Getting Giddy trying to get stuff done and ready for the awesome swap meet that is Sunday. I sell every year and it is a event inside a event!

Year #38 in attendance for me and it is my Birthday weekend and for a change not fathers day weekend!

25. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Wouldn't miss it.

26. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Been to it a ton of times as a spectator but this year we'll be there in my own car for once. :)

27. fatkoop

fatkoop

I'll be there with TomT. and a few (thousand) others. Last time I was in that fairgrounds was in 1982 for the NSRA Nats. Looking forward to going back.

28. Speed~On

Speed~On

Crazy Legs, 2012 was the first year I was able to drive a car of my own. I always rode with my father in his 40 Ford. Driving your own ride to the 50's does make it just a little sweeter! :)

29. One of the best possible venues for any car event. Lots to see, and very much a lawn chair event. Always fun but as I live less than a mile away from the fairgrounds it can be kind of a let down. Sometimes the adventure of getting there can be more enjoyable than the being there.

30. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I admit I haven't been to that great show in a number of years. The fairgrounds grounds were conducive to cruising all day long. The car count grew every year. I remember buying many parts for my car there. You can't forget the fresh warm chocolate chip cookies either. I had a bad incident there. I haven't been back. It took place a number of years ago before the huge car counts. I had been cruising the grounds when I attempted to leave the grounds. Three drunken morons were walking down the middle of the road drinking beer. I asked them to let me pass. One of the morons stopped, turned around and flipped me off. I decided an object lesson was needed. I nudged the "bird man". I told his friends to deal with him. He could have been a speed bump. I hope to go back to that show some day. Everybody needed to attend that great show at least once.