Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Flamed48

Flamed48

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400548166.409547.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400548179.043063.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400548187.375382.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. I just came across another Model A kit in my stash. It's the Monogram '31 "2'n1 Car Show Series" 2 door sedan kit. The rear fenders are too wide for the Flintstone body. So that's another one to scratch off your list of possible donors. I am guessing that you want to build a full fendered version, correct?

IMG_1376.JPG
    Here's a mockup of my mess. The good news is the '31 sedan kit has 2 front axles so now I have a front axle for it. I'm going to have to build a couple backing plates for it but at least I have an axle now. The kit has a pair of surfboards included too.

3. pitfarm

pitfarm
    from UK

Found this in my fathers stuff clearing his house. WP_20140520_002.jpg WP_20140520_004.jpg

4. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Pontiac #5:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMT 1959 Bonneville convertible custom grill and tail light / bumper assembly chromed by Chrometech USA, interior bucket from MPC 1969 Pontiac Bonneville phantom "Camino", scratchbuilt rolls and pleats, Modelhaus chromies w/spiders, Testor's "Bright Calypso" paint.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    quick85 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  5. carmuts

carmuts

Thanks for the help. Atleast I can rule out a few more. Since it will be quite a while before much gets done on the one I am restoring, I thought I could at least build a model with a mildly hopped up banger etc. like what I have planned for mine. Full fendered for sure. Before things turned south here I managed to pick up a NOS LR fender and an early take off RR fender. Then traded a buddy for a nice pair of fronts with the well for the left mounted spare. 6.5: 1 Brumfield head, Stipe cam, sb 97 and 39 transmission all set on the shelf for the project. Nice stuff to have when I can get back to work on it.

Wondering if the HRM Monogram might work for the model build, or at least the chassis aspect. Rod

6. fat141

fat141

7. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Here's what I just got done building.
    1/87 scale 48 ford kustom. Chopped it 7 1/2" with a 1 peace Carson top on it. Put a airbag set up in it, kustom Art Deco grille and shaved the whole body. Painted it a kustom kandy metal flake blue with some kandy flames and scallops. LiL bet do over sized pinstriping and panels on the hood, doors, and truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

Here's what I'm working on ............ trying to replicate the Howard Cams Rattler driven by Larry Dixon .....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

slack and GaryC. like this.
  9. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

The Allred and Clarke National Record holding D/D from Amarillo, Texas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GaryC. and zombie289 like this.
  10. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

11. froghawk

froghawk

Worked some more on the '58 Bonneville convertible. Since the car I want to build was a hardtop, I picked up a wasted Bonneville hardtop body with a salvageable roof and did a little plastic surgery. Also worked on cleaning up various mold lines, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

quick85 and carhunter59 like this.
  12. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Old Coyote,
    My brother had a 69 Chevelle SS which he paid $800.00 back in the late 70s. He bought it from the original owner and it had a bench seat and a column shift for the automatic, original.

13. Toner283

Toner283

Did the model car social group get deleted? Every other social group seems to be back but I cannot find the model car group. I am/was a member of it but it is no longer on my list of social groups in my profile. Anyone have any info on it?

14. fat141

fat141

Got canned two or three weeks ago, due to lack of participants
    Rod

15. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

..... The Howard Cams "Rattler" ......... owned by Howard Johansen and driven by Larry Dixon ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    slack and GaryC. like this.
  16. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

That's neat .......... you just didn't see many SS's with bench seats, cloth interiors, and column shifters for the TurboHydros ............ just wish mine had an air conditioner ....... but back then performance cars didn't have A/C :rolleyes::rolleyes: ............ paid $3,100 for mine brand new in 1969

[​IMG]
    ...... old slide film makes the Teal look almost silver-blue :eek:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  17. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Started this 50's COE tow truck yesterday. 1/87 scale.
    [​IMG]
    And in about 3 hrs this is were im at. about 85% done now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  18. rooman

rooman

19. Richard Bartrop

Richard Bartrop

An old photo of a car built by Harry Westergard for Jack Odbert was the inspiration for this one, though I did deviate on a few details. The thread on '40s customs was a great source of reference.

36FordSide2.jpg
    36Fordback.jpg
    36FordInterior.jpg

orphan auto and COUPES like this.
  20. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

Thanks, I didn't realize that :oops:

21. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

DSCF7576.JPG DSCF7570.JPG
    First mock up of my latest build.

22. froghawk

froghawk

That looks promising, Bob. Is that on the '32 Victoria frame and fenders with the bed shortened?

23. rooman

rooman

Danny was a cool dude. Years ago at Bowling Green I helped him run the valves before the cacklefest and a couple of years later I did quite a bit of remedial work on the car prior to the 50th US Nationals where we had it at an open house (for Aussie tourists) at my shop. I put Larry Dixon Sr in it that night but I even got to cackle it myself at one time at a Goodguys associated event here in Brownsburg.

Roo

24. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

25. 354HEMI

354HEMI
    from MARYLAND

THAT IS THE FIRST MODEL KIT THAT I BUILT AS A KID. MAN DID I EVER SCREW THAT ONE UP.I GOT BETTER AS THE YEARS WENT BY, VERY NICE BUILD, THANKS FOR SHARING

26. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Yep, sure is. I'll post more when I get back on it. Starting an Impala for a build-off on another group. It may be awhile. But back to the trk. Cab n bed are Lindburg '34 & the deuce parts came from an un-built vicky. Not as much cutting as you'd think. And hear's my inspiration:
    1.1.jpg Picture120.jpg

The model is from NNL East '13 coverage & the 1/1 belongs to Hotrodprimer on here.

27. froghawk

froghawk

Cool! Keep it going, Bob.
    HRP's truck is one of the best! The patinaed model is great, too!

28. Gorgeous work Bob....thanks for sharing/posting.

Here is something I'm working on ....late 60's early 70's
    Found in the '29 Ford Woody
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  29. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Thanks froghawk, Joker. If the Impala goes well, the trkmay stay on track. And HRPs' deuce p.u. is awesome. You should see it in person! If you haven't. Clean, simple, dead on stance....

30. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Is it just me ? or is this thread dying. It seems like since we started it, Its getting fewer and fewer reply's on it. Used to when we started a new one every weekend we could get at least 2 up to 3 page of kool models. Now we cant even fill a half a page. ?

Just asking if its just me or can everyone else see the lack of posting going on in this thread.