Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Eagle Field 5 17 14 from a flat point of view

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roseville carl, May 19, 2014.

1. Just woke up after another wonderful weekend at the Eagle Field Drags. It was made even more special by the addition of my new crewmember and now driver, my grandson Ry. Thanks to all the "special people" in this world who make this happen the volunteers at Eagle and a special thanks to Rocky who's vision this whole thing is. Man what a blast, tenting it with your grandson, it just don't get any better. Watching him progress into a full pass was a treat, wheels up one time was also too cool to mention. The smile on his is as they say "priceless". Anyway more pics and video later when I can get my act together.... One proud grandpa
    [​IMG]
    His reaction to first run......
    [​IMG]

uncle max likes this.
  2. Good to hear you had a great time Carl! Kinda wish I had gone to Eagle instead of Elmo, had a good time and got one pass in but the wind messed things up and not everyong got to make a pass. Should get 3 or 4 in a two day meet. Oh well!

uncle max likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Need more pics

uncle max likes this.
  4. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Carl you gotta be a lucky dude.
    This photo makes me want to get into nostalgia drags, but see I don't have any grandsons.
    Yet 7 granddaughters are mine, and they all made me teach them how to skate.
    If I build a digger, I'd have to teach them all to drive!

uncle max likes this.

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

ryans first run 001.jpg ,,,, This picture says it all, you should be a VERY Proud Grandpa:D, Congrates Ryan ,sounds like you did good,, Tim Jones

uncle max likes this.
  6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That reaction photo is priceless.

uncle max likes this.
  7. captmullette

captmullette

a picture to that needs no words........I guess you know he's hooked

8. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Yep. He's gonna smell like Gasoline and Havoline from now on. :D

9. a little video of his first race

10. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

That was cool, hooked indeed. :cool:

11. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Just watched the video of your Grandsons run. WOW:) He was the happiest kid on earth, and You were the proudest Grandpa ever.:cool:It is good to see a young man so into the things of our generation. You my friend have done a wonderful job. Keep up the good work ,both of you!!!!!:D Beth

12. That was cool! Brought back memories for me seeing my two boys running there Jr Dragsters at the LVMS in 99, 2000 Thanks:)

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That was the best video I've seen in years! I couldn't help but smile when I heard Ryan talking to himself after he shut it down!

14. Yea that was absolutely the best time ever, kinda needs a little work on the vocabulary though, but I guess he has been listening to grandpa too long;). A picture montage of the weekend..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gotta stop for breakfast.....
    [​IMG]
    Pits 11 am Friday, will be full tomorrow...
    [​IMG]
    Hummm what do we do now Gramps?...
    [​IMG]
    Unload and set up da pit!....home for the next two days
    [​IMG]
    I kinda like this gramps...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4am Moon over the hanger....
    [​IMG]
    Sunrise sat at the start line...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lets go racing!!....
    [​IMG]
    Ryan after his first pass...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What a weekend it don't get any better......
    [​IMG]

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great Stuff Carl,, BTW Multiple F Bombs are alowed after your first pass in a Dragster:eek::D:D:D,, Tim Jones

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

18. Very cool. That is a VERY lucky young man. I hope he knows it. Looks like a blast. Congrats!

19. great - thanks for the ride along - favorite word passage "your not done yet"

20. Great Stuff Carl,, BTW Multiple F Bombs are alowed after your first pass in a Dragster:eek::D:D:D,, Tim Jones

Me thinks he takes after his grandpa too much;);)

21. captmullette

captmullette

great video, I know how he feels, made my first pass last year in November, im 64, better late than never........that young man is hooked......

22. 65COMET

65COMET

That is SO KOOL!!!!! Carl;that had to be a HIGH for you as well as your Grandson!!!!His reactions after the shut down were epic!!!!! ROY.

23. Very cool Carl. The Bantam gave me inspiration too. Have fun with it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. A little more.....

25. Very cool Carl. The Bantam gave me inspiration too. Have fun with it.
    The Bantam wasn't mine I just thought it was too kool.........
    One more pic......... by Kleet Norris (hope ya don't mind me posting it Kleet if ya do just let me know)
    Grandson taking off.....kinda looks like he belongs there!
    [​IMG]

26. Very cool Carl. I am about due for a guest shoe here. Getting too hard to get in and out. I have no grandsons or grand daughters. I bet he never forgets this day. We were racing as well at Picton Airfield. Same day again.
    Next is june 21. I am already ready!
    don

27. Yea Don its amazing how much room you can create by porta power, I can actually get in and out a lot easier now and adding 4" to the roll bar cage really helped the ol bones. Course watching my grandson get hooked was a very special moment and I know he has a faster reaction time than me plus as a bonus weighs about 50 to 60 lbs less all pluses...........:D :D

28. Compulsion

Compulsion
    from BC

I know exactly how you feel Carl, here's a shot, from a few years ago, of my son after his first time in the seat. In fact my aviator is the shot of him on his first pass.
    100_1074.JPG

Actually we had intended to be there and would have seen this in real time but ... when you're gonna tow over 1200 miles you really should check the piece out before you leave. Eh, we checked it out and broke it. Not what we planned.

29. Very nice ride, I would have loved to see it in person, hope you didn't do too much damage.......
    I love before and after shots......
    Before.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After....
    [​IMG]