Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 1932 Roadster hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AULIZ, Apr 27, 2014.

1. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello,
    This winter (not so cold and dark as usual) I built this 1932 Ford Roadster, which i bought project from West Coast USA last autumn.

1940 flathead, 3 speed, 1932 rear with driveshaft overdrive, 1940 brakes, 1939 drums, 1936 wheels etc.

my old 1932 roadster still some pictures but I sold it to Roma, Italy.

Hmmm,... need to get new 1932-34 project because winter is coming sooner than I want to remember,.....

Rdgs,
    AULIS
    Seinajoki
    Finland
    www.auliz.fi -hot rod shop

Attached Files:

2. Very tidy, Nice work!
    Love the colour.

3. That's certainly a beauty.

4. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

Great color combo

5. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks.
    Main color is "mossgrey", dash, interior (seat and carpet + Lebaron bonney top are black), engine, tranny and wheels are matt maroon.

I have done this roadster like "fendered" but I do not know if I want to use those?

What do You think? fendered or w/o?

Aulis

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  6. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Hi Boy is my vote, but nice either way.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

A 5w towing a roadster...you guys got style

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Fenders? What's that?? Looks great as is!

9. racemad55

racemad55

10. Great looking car! You European guys never fail to amaze.

11. I think they look better with fenders. They look good without, but I prefer the fenders for my personal taste.

12. I kinda like the fenders. HRP

13. Squablow

Squablow

I like it equally with fenders and without. Do you have any "before" pictures?

14. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Auliz, from what I can see of what you've done; the new roadster has got to look great whether you install the fenders or not!

I was particularly struck by the color choices, too, as some others have said.

If you want, leave fenders off until a cold night some winter and then get them ready in case you decide to try them when warmer weather arrives again.

All are great looking cars. Great job!

By the way, that 39 dash is a nice variation on the almost standard use of the 40 dash. Keep it up.

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

There are so many fenderless hiboy 32's I'm sure a lot of people think thats the way they came from the factory. My '32 2dr has fenders and if/when the roadster and 5W get finished they will also have the factory installed rain/mud/snow guards as well.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Keep up the good work Aulis! Looking good both ways.

17. brady1929

brady1929

Great job. Either way works.

18. wicarnut

wicarnut

Nice Car! Looks good either way, I like the louvered fenders, have not seen that before, pretty Kool. Congrats. John

19. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'll second that---

20. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You everybody. Another side fenders and running board are bolted on and looks very good, Im little suprised myself.

Earlier I took some pics with fenders on January when I "roll" hood with englishwheel and pushed some louwers to it and fenders too.
    Then car was high, I was not yet changed drop axle and rear end changes (original 1932 rear with original spring, but turned ends) were not made. Now car is approx. 3" lower and tires are filling fender openings.

First I cut rear feders 5" shorter from rear and hope it was enough.
    Lets see what car looks when I drive it outside after 1-2 weeks. I do not like those original rear fenders, but hopefully now little more better outlook.

Yesterday I also bolted on LebaronBonney 2" chopped top. I can say, that I do not like top at all ,.....does not matter if its closed or open. but good thing is that its only one minute to lift it out.

1-2weeks more and ready for driving. Electrics + exhaust are biggest job left.

Aulis

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  21. AULIZ

AULIZ

If somebody can tell me what is this Driveshaft -overdrive?
    It was weld on this car when I bought project and it is still there on its place.

I opened it, made some machinery jobs both side (before and after) driveshaft axles because somebody who was install this overdrive were not made straight axles there. I made new threads to new shaft material and one company here hardered shafts to right hardness

Overdrive is made very very fine originally. Its strong and tolerances, machinery jobs, planning,....all are very good job. Its "planetdrive" style (I do not know right english word) but very strong and I can say that very much stronger than my ex. powerglide racing transmissions planet´s ,....

Question: who has made this?
    is it originally used trucks?

Im using original 1932 ford 4.11:1 ring and pinion and when I put all together after rear axle changes and driveshaft works, I turned it over and calculate how much it is

its approx. 1.35 - 1.40 x and there is mecanical "shifter" use on the floor.
    I can use : 1:1 >< neutral >< overdrive

AULIS

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  22. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I am moving to Finland where they tow deuces with deuces. Nice work. Do they meet customs requirement?

23. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You Sir. 409cid chevy engine is enough strong for towing,....

Finland= cold, short summer, high taxes,... many times feels that its extreame hobby to be hot rodder in Finland. Now have good reason stay here, because have 3.5y old Oscar-son hot rodder and "co-driver".

Here some pics "with Fenders". Rear fenders I have cut 5". Now fenders end same level than frame.

Aulis

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  24. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Awesome!! I KNEW they would look great; particularly with YOU doing it!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Al

25. scotti32

scotti32

Very cool roadster.

26. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks Sirs.
    Now roadster is registered and sold to Sweden. Im building new Blown Flathead engine new project on my mind,....

This Rod has 40% overdrive , middle of driveshaft, is very good thing. Very good quality product, works very good and necessary if drive long ways with flathead.

Here last pics of this project. It took 4 months (car arrived to Finland 29th of Dec).
    I like more w/o fenders and LebaronBonney top, but next owner can make his decision how is wants to use this car, fendered or fenderless.

Aulis

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  27. calonego

calonego

Very cool roadster!
    Lucky guy that got that car... Looking forward to watching your next build!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. riccard81

riccard81
    from Sweden

Hi Auliz!
    I have tried to call you and sent you email the last week.
    Please call or email me.

/Rickard from Sweden