Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 T on A rails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Equipped28, Dec 26, 2013.

1. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

It fits nicely with the car too

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

2. slowly but surely!

[​IMG]

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Did you find pedals?

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

4. That looks very cool !!! JW

5. Looks great, I'm liking that

6. I really like that

7. haven't updated this for a while, slowly getting on, just came back from a trip to So Cal & brought 3 suitcases full of early ford parts back with me so it's time for the big push to finish it!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Like what I see. Don't know if I like the roadster or BSA best though. Both are right on.

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Great build so please dont think Im knocking you but you have at least 15 (V-8s only)Flatheads and your putting a 2.3 in it??????

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. It's cheap, easy to run (especially around London) and I can still make it fly with some speed equipment, I can put a v8 I quite easily at a later date too!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Thats cool, looks like you have every Flatty in London so I just thought Id ask....LOL

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

Great progress so far..I have a 27 roadster that im still collecting parts for..its gonna b on A rails as well..love the stance of yours..wasnt planning on running a hood but yours looks killer..

13. stik70

stik70
    from midwest

I am loving your project! LookingGreat!

14. thanks guy's i'm glad its kinda all fell into place!

15. haven't updated this in a while, here's a picture just to show i aint sold it yet! steering box is in and the column shortened, i'm pretty rubbish when it comes to taking in progress photo's i tend to blitz it then wish i had stopped to take shots!

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. if anyones interested, here is the steering box. 40 ford cross steer box converted to side steer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Really like this build and look forward to your updates. JW:)

18. finally got the old girl down to my new workshop last week so been cracking on stuff after neglecting it for a while.

first time i've seen it out on level ground, pleased with that stance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'm headed for a classy 40s street roadster with a hint of custom on this. so with the hallock, 36 dash, frenched plate & 3 piece smooth hood i should be well on way with that look!

scared myself a little with this but all worked out okay, now to make a plate box housing the glass and lights ala Clarks 36.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  19. Your attention to detail is amazing, This is one of my favourite Ts on here......top job !!! JW

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Nicely done! Dig that dash - hell, I dig it all!

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. Thanks guys it's nice to get stuck into the build again!

22. Looking good, how much did you drop the '32 grille? I was figuring approx 4 1/2" or so on mine.

23. flamed34

flamed34

Nice build. I've been sitting on an old '27 roadster and a model A frame for several years with a similar build in mind. Nice to see yours coming together!

24. i'll give it a measure tomorrow, i was gonna measure it all out but to be honest, i put the radiator stay rods on and went from where it looked good. i think the grill is abit lower than the cowl so i've got abit of a flow into the screen.

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Squablow

Squablow

Looks fantastic.

26. Now that's a sweet ride!
    Especially like that 36 dash in the T body. I'm partial to 36s and have had mine for 30 years..
    Will you have a top for the rainy weather over there???

And what is a "council lock up" you mentioned in the first post? With no electricity?

27. The lock up was a garage that rented off the local council but they are only a one car space with no electricity what so ever.

I measured my grill shell and I cut 5 1/2" out of the sides.

Got a few hours spare to make a start on the hood pretty pleased with it considering I done it by hand just bending it around the cowl and grill shell! It needs Abit more work but pretty good!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412358985.287483.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412359041.827651.jpg

volvobrynk, gwhite and Hitchhiker like this.
  28. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

That looks awsome!