Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Losthope's 1966 c10 low buck build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LostHope, Sep 24, 2011.

1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:cool:Hi LostHope.Looking good.Looks like you`re going to be like the "Little Red Robin".Gonna be Bob,Bob,Bobbin along.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

2. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Just found this thread, Nice ride. I like that it is still a functional truck. I have been working on my 65 c10. Your build is inspirational.

1Nimrod likes this.
  3. Been following your thread...like what you have done !!

Rick

4. LostHope

LostHope

Thanks for all the comments guys!

been working on the wifes 49 plymouth here when i get any free time from work so ive only been driving the 66 chevy to the shop on week ends.. I had a little mishap pulling out of my driveway I was on the phone not paying attention and forgot to air the truck up before pulling out and as i was turning out i hooked one of the big stones that are at the end of the driveway ...it folded the rear pass. fender lip up under the truck and messed up the rear grill a little..my bed sides have always been messed up since i bought the truck , it had a barden bumper at some point in life and the truck had been eother hit or backed into something so theres been some dents and warpage on rear quartes, so the mishap with the rock just gave me a eccuse to fix the dent i already needed to fix heres after i un folded the rear quarter an started hammering dent from the back:

[​IMG]

working it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some mud:

[​IMG]

and the fix, now i need to hook the other side of the truck to motivate me to fix the dented drivers side HAHA:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    1Nimrod likes this.
  5. LostHope

LostHope

[​IMG]

I also went to pick-n-pull and found a york and mapco bracket off a 72 ford pick up, using it for on board air for my air bags , and getting rid of the power draining electric pumps that continuously running to fill up tank :

[​IMG]

I basically only used the idler pulley , and mounting plate part and made the rest of the mounting bracket myself to bolt onto the 350 SBC :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got it all hooked up today and its the shit! i left 1 electric air pump for back up purposes if need be and a i added a air chuck at the tank to plug a air hose into if need be.... i rigged up a air filter from the other electric pump to the york until i can get something a little better fitting...going to take it all apart again and clean it up some...

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    1Nimrod likes this.
  6. LostHope

LostHope

while i was in the engine area i decided to get rid of the bailing wire i was using to hold down the battery and made a battery hold down ;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  7. Paul Y

Paul Y

That is a really good idea and one that I am shamelessly going to 'borrow' for my future build.

Nice work Sir!

P.

8. n847

n847

Nice work on the rear quarter Lost. I've heard those compressors are the way to go!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. LostHope

LostHope

Thanks guys ! I test drove the truck around today messing with the air bags a bit and the rate the tank fills is night and day compared to the 2 electric pumps i had...and im not watching the needle on my amp gauge constantly dropping anymore. Im very happy so far with the on board air!

1Nimrod likes this.
  10. Hey man! I just found this thread today. Bagged trucks are not my thing but I really enjoyed this thread because, in true hot rodding spirit, you just freakin go for it. Refreshing! Looking forward to more updates.

11. LostHope

LostHope

Thanks saxman i appreciate that ! If i was going to do it again id static lower it instead of bags , this was my first air bag install and first vehicle air bagged front and back that ive owned and feel that I got the needing to air bag something out of my system , all my other cars are either blocks/spring lowered or will be from now on.

1Nimrod likes this.
  12. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

It ain't a ford but its still pretty cool!

13. impala4speed

impala4speed

I've always liked these trucks and yours looks really good. You do very nice work.

14. benoit_bahls

benoit_bahls

Nice work on your truck! You mentioned a panhard bar. What does that do especially if you plan to notch and bag your vehicle?

Also how much spring did you cut? Id like to do the same to my truck.
    3.jpg

15. benoit_bahls

benoit_bahls

Yea Tim! Good meeting you at the Classic Car and Parts Swap Meet in Sacramento!

16. LostHope

LostHope

haven't worked on the truck recently still working on the wifes 49 Plymouth but im still driving the wheels off the truck! :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1Nimrod and sko_ford like this.
  17. Subscribed! Nice work...

18. LostMy65

LostMy65

How this coming?

19. LostHope

LostHope

Have to say it hasnt been on my list of things to do, I recently got a new job that has taken up the majority of my time 5-7 days a week 10+ hours a days so all car/truck activitys have been at a stand still..

1Nimrod likes this.
  20. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Hey Lost, I have a 66' as well and am local in Sacramento. I saw your truck before I picked mine up. It was the reason I actually wanted one!

21. LostHope

LostHope

Dude thats rad ! Do you have any pictures of your truck? Dont be afraid to say hi if you see me around town!

22. BonaDrag

BonaDrag
    from Seattle

I've read through this entire build thread at least a half dozen times. It keeps me motivated while working on my own truck.

23. Friedgreentowmater

Friedgreentowmater

Same here....went through this thread many times for inspiration on mine too. Love all the good info and custom work. I really like the trim ring and bullet lugs with the center caps but I am trying to come up with a way to use the smaller bullet caps as they have more of a bullet shape to them. Love the truck though dude.. the red and white top look awesome!

1Nimrod likes this.
  24. 64jmb

64jmb
    from AZ

Hey Jason, Would you consider selling the glove box emblem in your 1966 Chevy pickup? I am looking for a OEM original one. They make reproductions, and they are very nice, but was curious if you would sell the one you have because I want an original one. Also, is the one in your truck now metal or plastic? Email me and let me know thanks.