Register now to get rid of these ads!

first time hittin the streets after 12 years sitting.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearSlammer, Mar 4, 2013.

1. skinnydude

skinnydude

that's a very good lookin ride !!!!!!!!

2. 3340

Congrats. That's A Nice Car! And You Did All The Correct Repairs, Now Enjoy All Of You're Hard Work. Wayne

3. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

thanks for all the good words fellas.....

4. yeah that's a sweet looking ride man

5. ttpete

ttpete
    from SE MI

About the only thing we had to do to those old Dynaflows was to replace the stator sprag in the converter. When the sprag goes bad, there's no torque multiplication and performance is awful. The converter is bolted together and it's not a bad job except for the torque tube driveline.

6. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

thanks man your chevy in the profile pic is klean!

yea ttpete, i dropped the dynaflow and put it on the work bench to change out all the gaskets. man there is ALOT of litte parts in that thing. i got it back together and no leaks wich solved my problem, but now sometimes my reverse wont engage. or when i put it to park it will go in drive..and for awhile it was puking out fluid if i let it sit for a week unstarted....any thoughts?

7. ttpete

ttpete
    from SE MI

Nope. Last time I laid hands on one was in 1966. They were pretty reliable.

8. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

So ive been searching and harassing people "some hambers" for a 322 4bbl intake to put on my 264..after a few months I found a feller who had a nice nailhead stash for sale..he gave me a deal no man would ever pass up...so I made the 3 hour drive to long beach and collected my treasures. . a set of valve covers, a valley pan, a 322 4bbl intake with rochester carb, 322 2bbl intake with stromberg,2 water pumps, and a set of 322 dual exhaust manifolds.....all for $200...wow!! He said every car guy should help each other out and thats why I got that price...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

9. Fear of the dynaflow was a big factor in me selling my 55. Nobody in my town had a clue.
    I hope you get it sorted. I really miss my Buick.

10. Grumpy54

Grumpy54

I love the color combo. Makes me wanna do my four door that way. I'm not too crazy about my silver and blue scheme. sweet car. I wanna run true duals on mine as well. but that front dumping driver side manifold is going to make things interesting

11. Toner283

Toner283

Nice looking Buick. Looks really good with the black steelies and the wide whites. If you are looking for more nailhead stuff, check this guy out. Seems to have quite a parts stash built up and knows the nailheads inside out.

http://nailheadbuick.com/

12. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

the 56 buick also came with a factory dual exhaust on the 322, and they share the same bolt pattern as the 264 so im hoping my muffler guy can put his skills to work. i want to run lake pipes that arent just for show. i like the red and cream color scheme but the only thing i want to change is add the cream in that spot under the belt line...so its not soo much red!

13. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

thanks man, i cleaned the wheels and painted them one day and just liked the look with out the dog dishes on, i think i just want to add some rings and bullet caps....i actually talked to that guy on the phone not to long ago, he was very helpful and the one who talked my into putting the 4bbl on my 264.

14. Grumpy54

Grumpy54

I had read somewhere that there were issues running duals because of crossmembers and shift linkage. I want to lower mine all around and the last thing I need is a bunch of low lying pipes. but I do like the rumble of a nice set of pipes

15. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

yea i have been told that to but my muffler guy seems pretty confident that he can hug the pipes close enough so they dont hang lower than the lakes do along the rockers...i hope he is right kuz i want that hot rod achieve sound!

16. Grumpy54

Grumpy54

no doubt there. I have a local muffler guy I am gonna take the 4 door to this week and let him put it on the rack and see what he can do. I too want a better sound. not down with a single exhaust on a V8 :cool:

17. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Ive been a little busy....I replaced the 2bbl with a 4..rebuilt this holley 450...removed some chrome...im not to big on chrome....it looks cheap if you ask me....I got a few more odds and ends to button up....I also got my hands on a "chevy" 322 fuel pump that only has one diaphram instead of 2.....heres some before and afters.

Attached Files:

18. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Also my neighbor who has been rebuilding studes his whole life brought me over some caps...I cleaned them up and planted them on...they have an "S" on them...for "special" ofcourse

Attached Files:

19. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

20. missysdad1

missysdad1

Can I make a tiny constructive suggestion from a fellow mid-'50s Buick owner? Your car would look so much better - and more authentic to the time period when they were popular as customs - if you lowered the front so that the rocker panels are level to the ground. Perhaps you could request a HAMB photoshopper to do you a rendering with just this one change. I think you'd agree with me.

Nice car, by the way.

21. The car looks great! HRP

[​IMG]

22. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Haha ya that is on my things to do...soon im hoping.