Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blazingangel, May 16, 2014.

1. blazingangel

blazingangel

I had posted a few pictures before but figured I would start a one stop shop for the build. I bought the truck a few weeks back as a project to do over the next year or two. It was a pretty good starting point but I have a ton of work to do. Not only finishing, but fixing the issues created by the previous owner.

Basics are the truck is a 1934 BB, with a 6 inch chop and 4 inch channel on a 40 Sedan Frame. I will be repairing the body (yes I have doors), boxing in the frame, and finishing it off as a street strip ride. We will be shooting for high 9's to low 10's in the quarter when I am done.

Pictures will be coming in the next post!

2. Did I read this right?..your using a 40 Ford frame? HRP

3. blazingangel

blazingangel

Here is the truck as it sat when I looked at buying it.
    [​IMG]

This is after getting the truck home...
    [​IMG]

Some of the rust damage...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Media Blasting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After Blasting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next I will start cutting out the bad metal and replacing it... I have a day job, new baby, and race on the weekends, so progress will most likely be slow... But stay tuned for updates and questions!

4. blazingangel

blazingangel

You did.... At least that is what I was told when I bought the truck... It looked to me to be around a 35 thru 38, but I am not really an expert on the frames. It was modified to fit the body and engine, but looks pretty cool.

5. onedge

onedge

I think there is a cowl in "parts for sale" now.

I looked just now it is for a 32.

6. That rust looks familiar. My 34 truck came from the coast of Connecticut and had rust in similar places. You northeast guys have it rough finding good sheetmetal.

7. blazingangel

blazingangel

Yeah, it is definately tough around here finding solid bodies... I looked at the 32 cowl that was in the parts for sale. The 32 and the 34 use the same cowl. I am going to try to salvage the one that is there before I spend more money on another one. If I take my time it should be fixable.

All it takes is time and money... lol

8. blazingangel

blazingangel

Cut one of the doors today and started removing the bottom rust for patch panels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]