Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Hamb Layout

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by MERCURYGUY, May 17, 2014.

1. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

There are many positive aspcts of the new Hamb Layout. The background is awsome. Being old school however the one thing I am having trouble with is the old version had a search aspect that seems to be missing or ability to update an existing add. Just a thought

2. MOJODADDY

MOJODADDY

I'm with you my friend. Not being brought up in the "Computer Era" a lot of this stuff is a "learn or burn" approach. The new site does look impressive, and my hat is off to the moderators and the redesign staff; however, I have been searching like a blind squirrel after a pecan for that venerated search tool in the classifieds and have not been able to get anything to work. I imagine that this new board is still in Beta testing or whatever the techies term it and the wrinkles are in progress to be ironed out. Congrats on the new look to all those who were involved. Now, if you could only make it work like the old site I can doze back off in the sun and grumble about my tepid Prune Juice and my regularity like the old Crumudgeon that I am.

3. markjenks

markjenks

Upper left, Magnifying glass. Click on it, and then more at the bottom..

From there you can put in your search, and which forum you want to search.

4. Jenkkiauto

Jenkkiauto
    from Finland

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Can someone help me? When viewing the cars for sale in the classifieds, If I click on a picture of the car to enlarge it the screen gets large and gray. Looks like its setting up for a photo gallery but nothing happens when I click on the scroll left and right arrows. Maybe I need an update of some kind to properly view the pics?

6. Jenkkiauto

Jenkkiauto
    from Finland

@tommyd Make sure your browser is up to date.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Just arrived since the change Ryan. So far I like the look. A lot of work... Thx.
    I do miss the fact I cant put a cursor on a topic heading and see what a portion of the initial post is about. Instead, of course, I have to open the post. Just takes more time.

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for the help.

9. loudbang

loudbang

That feature is now working again. But it's not instantaneous it needs to warm up a bit.