Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***7.00-18 Firestone "Old Tread pattern" ROUND 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nick28, Apr 14, 2014.

1. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

As many of you may know Cory Taulbert organized a limited production run for these tires a few months ago. He was very successful in getting the amount of preorders needed and Coker followed through promptly.

Many of us may have missed out on that run and there has been some confusion here(in his original thread) and at Coker since the original contact for the first run has since moved on from Coker....

I am going to try an pick up the reins and run with this second limited run to get it completed.

So the pricing is the same $195 per tire, a minimum of 50 tires this run.

As of this morning (4.14) there are 18 confirmed orders. I have worked with Steve Jackson(a 30 yr. employee of Coker tire) to be the new established contact for this run.

So if you missed out the last go round send me a message or see the contact details below for Steve and get your orders in and lets get this thing moving. The weather is nice and my car is sitting on jack stands! I need those tires:)

So now go tell all your friends!!

Coker Tire Contact

Steve Jackson
    [email protected]

1-800-251-6336
    ext. 252

If any of you are interested in the preorder, send ME a PM or email. I’ll get you the proper contact information for the preorder. But to summarize it – when you place your preorder, Coker will run a pre-authorization on your credit card (to make sure it has sufficient funds for the total). The actual charge will not take place until the tires ship though.

[​IMG]
    Picture of Cory's Roadster
    [​IMG]

Your can reference Cory's original thread here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832691&highlight=00+18

Please disregard some of the info concerning this second run near the end of that thread. The above information is accurate and correct.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

I bought a set and I love them really nice tires ride smooththey definitely are some talll Tires

3. I'd like to get them to do a run of the deluxe champion 6.50-18s also. Not to high jack but would anyone be interested in this tire also?

4. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

A little update, Steve had 4 orders placed this afternoon alone, and I believe I will have 4 more tires placed tomorrow for some upcoming projects. That puts us over the halfway hump.

Don't miss out this go 'round if you need them, or think you might place you order.

Steve is going to update me a few times a week on the status, I will keep it posted here.

Thanks
    -Nick

5. My buddy just order a pr. for his project we're working on. Would still like to find some 650-18s though also.

6. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Called and left a message today, his recording said he would call back by 10am tomorrow going to order 4 tires tomorrow so I have two sets

Not sure how strong the flathead is I'm putting in the RPU is haha

Thanks again nick for all the work ya have put in!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Alright guys. It's been a good week since Monday we went from 18 tires to 32 tires as of this morning. I placed an order for 4 more this afternoon and another Hamb member in Australia plans to place and order for 4 soon. That puts us at 40!!

I know there are 5 more guys out there that can use a pair of these :)

Steve will be on the road all next week at the Carlise swap meet. If any guys wanna catch up with him there you may or leave a message with him and he'll get back with you Monday the 28th.

Thanks
    Nick

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  8. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

A few more guys have contacted me with intentions on ordering tires when Steve returns. This should bring us to 48 once these are placed.

Only 2 Left!

Someone needs a pair, don't make me buy 2 more :)

Thanks to those of you who have purchased or spread the word.

9. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Looks like we have met the minimum today. Hopefully everyone who has contacted me while Steve is out will/has left him him message so he can get them placed and get them into production.

Thanks

10. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Thank you again Nick, looking forward to seeing what happens and obviously receiving the tires!

11. A Rodder

A Rodder

Nick, I seen your comments on IG as well.
    Do you or anyone else have any pics, comparing it to a 7.50 16 in regards to height and width, aired up and mounted, not just spec size.

I really like the "bigness" of the 7.50's, and don't want anything smaller than that.

Thanks, Joe -ModelAJoe on IG

12. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Hey Joe, I got a pic mounted on 18" wire, I have 7.50's-16's on my car currently this tire measures 32.50" where my 7.50's are 31" or so.

Width is very similar, it kinda sucks it in some on that narrow wire, may flatten it out some on a wider wheel.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398303094.246542.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398303121.950187.jpg

Hope this helps

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  13. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Only pic I could find of them side by side....

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398305200.248820.jpg

14. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Orderd mine with Steve yesterday. He said there are 44 total sold, just need a few more!
    Can't wait...

15. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Ok guys a little update. Looks like as of today Steve has had 46 tires ordered and paid for. I have had others that have contacted me that should put us at 50 or even a few over, but we need those orders placed. He will be going out of town again for a show this evening and will be gone until next Monday.

If you wanna get your order in asap, try to catch him today.

Thanks again to all that have placed orders.

-Nick

16. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Ok, 2 more tires to go guys. The Hamb is back online! Steve is back in the office, lets make this happen this week!

Thanks

17. A Rodder

A Rodder

Ill take 2!

I will notify him tomorrow via phone and place a legitimate order.

If you are capable of messaging him ahead of time, please do.

Joe - A RODDER

nick28 likes this.
  18. bonesy

bonesy

I'll call tomorrow too. I'm in for two.

nick28 likes this.
  19. A Rodder

A Rodder

ORDER IS IN!

ORDER IS PLACED!

20. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Ok guys we have officially met and maybe exceeded the minimum by a few. Steve called me yesterday afternoon with 52 confirmed orders. He has talked to the production manager and delivery is expected around the first of July. Steve cautioned that this could be a little sooner, could be a little later but that he would keep me updated with that progress.

Any of you guys that haven't ordered there is still some time, so give Steve a call if your still interested.

Thanks to all those that ordered tires!

21. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Awesome, great to hear the minimum has been placed! Really looking forward to mine for sure. Thanks again Nick!

22. b.r.

b.r.

thanks for putting it all together!

23. bonesy

bonesy

Thanks for putting this together! I'm glad I got in under the wire.

24. thequietwon

thequietwon

It's not too late... I ordered a set this morning for my Roadster. Steve said they are making a few extra sets this time for procrastinators such as myself...

25. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Just wanted to update. The tires are in and ready for shipment! Those of yiu that have placed orders should be getting a phone call to confirm

26. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Received a call or voicemail rather today.. Called back and left a voicemail. Can't wait to get them mounted up so I can see how the RPU is going to set.

Thanks again for all who helped make this happen the first and second time!!

27. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Just left a message too! Looking forward to seeing them for sure!

28. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Received an e-mail from fed ex tonight saying they should be delivered Monday!

29. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

recieved mine at 11;30 today, paid for the yesterday at 3: 00 PM!!!
    Super fast shipping and service from Coker.
    Being an Alliance Member here, saved me the cost of shipping too.
    Thank you Nick for starting this process for those of us who missed out on the first round!

30. StrickV8

StrickV8

Well Coker Tire still has some of these 7.00-18's... Ordered a pair from Steve this morning. He said he still has a few sets left for those who are interested.

For all of you that have ordered tires off of this thread and Cory's original thread, how about posting up some pics of them mounted on your car? What size tires are you running on the front?

Thanks again to Cory and Nick for taking this initiative to make these limited runs happen!