Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods BAD EXPERINCE WITH BUBBA'S HOT ROD SHOP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bundybiker, May 15, 2014.

1. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

has any one had any bad dealings with jim from bubba's hot rod shop , as I e/mailed him about repairing a distributor in mid 2013 , and he said he could do the job . I posted 2 distributors from Australia , he received them , and promised to have one fixed ( second one was for parts if needed )
    All good things take time I thought , and after e/mails and phone calls , he said he would have them to me by Christmas 2013 , but I was let down again ( lied to )
    I ordered one from tom Langdon , of stovebolt fame ( even though the dissy in question was for flathead mopar ) and within 2 weeks had it in oz ,
    I phoned Jim lindner again he said he hadn't done my dissy and would send them both back .
    Still waiting , pretty shitty customer service !

2. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

I ordered some parts from him, they arrived so fast I'm not sure how he sent them out so quick. He also gave me some great advice over the phone. It was some of the best service I had seen in along time, Sorry you had a bad experience.

3. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

I had only read good reports , that was why i sent the bits to him , just received broken promises .

Wad Foriest likes this.
  4. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I've had all good experencies with Jim

5. I can honestly say after all the years I have NEVER heard one bad thing about Bubbas. I dont know what happened with yours, but I do know he is the man and there is no equal in his field of expertise. He provided waaay above and beyond what I was expecting, he also makes damn good hot sauce.

6. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Sorry to hear that, Jim has been nothing but good for me! great work and help with any issues.

7. Jim has always gone the extra mile for me and many others I know. He remains at the very top of my list for any ignition problems.

8. 6inarow

6inarow

I would have to say there is more to the story. This is the first negative I have heard about Jim. He is a reasonable man. I have always found his customer service to be excellent.

9. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Jim has done lots of work for me,and it has been perfect.

10. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

If an employer is not willing to monitor the work of his employees, he then is only as good as the worst he has working for him…

vintagedrags and Big T like this.
  11. There is two sides to every story and we have only heard one side.

I would like to hear the rebuttal,no offense but this is the first complaint I remember since Bubba's became a member back in 2006.

I haven't used Bubba's services but from the sterling reputation I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them. HRP

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  12. 4t7flat

4t7flat

13. 4t7flat

4t7flat

When my distributor self destructed, on my hemi, Bubba fixed it in record time. I thought it was a total loss. The repair price and speed were amazing. My engine ran better than it ever had, when I got it back.

14. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

One would think . . . Bubba rebuilt my vertex mag and had it back to me within the week.

15. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Bubba did a great job for me and even after the distributor was back I needed to ask some questions about my setup and he offered great customer service.
    I have nothing but praises for Jim !!

16. I'll have to say, I have nothing but good things to say about Jim. I'm sure there is something else.................

17. Koz

Koz

I have nothing but good to say about Bubbas. I too would like to hear the other side. I will add that no matter how good you are, sooner or later, somebody is not going to be happy. Hope it gets resolved to both sides satisfaction.

shamer likes this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I also would like to see the other side of this stroy because I've never before heard a complaint about Bubba and his work.

19. Jim is a Prince in my book, that said everyone, even the Queen, stumbles on occaision. Could be any number of reasons that things went sideways with your deal and I am afraid that only Jim can answer that.

As far as experience mine was good with Bubba's. A couple of PMs and a phone call and I had a vintage Mallory (all the way to the trash can condensor), converted to Petronix and curved for my olds race engine. I supplied nothing but engine specs.

I won't speculate as to why your deal was not as good as mine and countless others, other than to say shit happens. I'm sorry your experience was not good, I would not be afraid to try bubba's again in the future and give them a chance redeem themselves.

20. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

I had Jim do some work for me Called met him at the shop Did it while I waited Charge was very reasonable & a great guy to talk with I think there must be more to it also

21. I too have had great service from Bubba's. Sorry to hear about your deal going south.

22. metal man

metal man

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I had my Mallory that he rebuilt for me back in four days, and that included shipping it back to me. I can't imagine what happened in your case. Everyone fumbles once in a while, sorry it happened to you.

23. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

I to send him a distributor and when I got it back it never worked, I put the old points dizzy back in and works great, I called him about it and he said to ship it back to him, but shipping cost money and time.

24. 56shoebox

56shoebox

OK, one of you two needs to change his avitar. I identify a lot of folks on here by their avitar and it is confusing me.

25. nutrocker

nutrocker

My dealings with Bubba weren't great either. Lots of emails to and from, then the wrong dizzy sent, promises made then after three months he said he had no record of my order. But I did get the dizzy in the end.
    Two others I know from the UK also said their dealings with him had not gone smooth, but they got there in the end.
    I don't want to disrespect the guy and I'm only mentioning now as the question was asked. Everyone has off days and I guess Bubba is a busy man and sometimes things slip by. It does seem that most have a good service from him.

Pete.

26. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

No rebuttal offered , hes correct . He sent me a couple Austrialian engine distributors to rework into a full out mechanical advance unit in correct rotation. I didnt get them done and still have them in a box at the shop.
    We offer a number of services and repairs here every day.
    1-Standard distributor rebuilds and services are handled as soon as possible when they are shipped in.
    2-Early Fords usually is done every day as we have more than one employee that does that service ( i personally test all units on tester prior to shipment etc)
    3-Custom ignition services ( example: making a old mallory (chevrolet core) run in a 1921 Cole car) custom bases conversions etc. These usually come in and we analyze the situation and develop a plan that often requires outside machine work to be done. These are the problem childs etc, we dont mind doing them but often we wish we hadnt tryed to help as they may become complex.

These two Austrialian six cylinders fell into the last catagory , sorry that happened but they did........
    Just for reference we shipped 487 distributors last year and a couple people had problems , majority didnt...
    I just got off the phone with a customer that we shipped a unit to yesterday, problem being it came back to us today. Appears we put the return label on the box and shipped it back to us this morning...actually he was happy we had figured it out on our end..... Just sign us guilty as charged on this one...

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

GMC Bubba is the official ignition man of the H.A.M.B. for a reason... He's a stand up guy that does EXCELLENT work.

He's done every single one of my ignitions in every car I've had for the past 10 years... That's crazy to think about.

mikhett likes this.
  28. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

I was surprised about it all myself , as I only heard good reports , he did apologise and said he was busy etc that was why he didn't do the job , I also discussed with jim , about a model A dissy , that he does , which I still might purchase .
    In all my phone calls and e/mails I was always polite and respectful .

turboroadster likes this.
  29. bundybiker

bundybiker
    from australia

Thank you jim , I appreciate your honesty and putting up your side of the story .

30. Putputboom

Putputboom
    from Fresno

I want your air conditioned car haha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!