Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. chrisp

chrisp

I'm guessing it's more oriented toward the touch screen crowd, I use a pad thingy and a PC, before it was sometimes kinda hard to browse with the pad especially with fingers shaped like sledge hammers, but now it's easier.
    I miss the pop up summaries too.

2. This is my biggest complaint so far.

3. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

The site looks great, Thanks for the new look.

Attached Files:

4. thunderplex

thunderplex

Where do we find all of our previous posts, etc.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fixed... To 10% as suggested above...

No. I didn't... I wanted to be able to search by state and as I stated earlier, the loss of the old ads was worth it to me.

Again, the average time an ad is active on the HAMB is something like 16 or 17 days. Not only that, but we have always purged old ads every 6 months. So, to me it's not a big loss... If it is to you, sorry.

6. Ryan:

Thank you SOOO much for all the hard work. Larger text really helps us older guys, who need glasses to go find our glasses. And I truly appreciate good web design. Going cold turkey for a week without the H.A.M.B. forced me to complete some honeydos, which scored points with the wife and allows me added time in the garage. Win win!

7. x 2 or 3

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is done now...

9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

These may have already been addressed, but if they have I didn't see it.

1.) Do the preview photos of attachments in a thread look really tiny to anyone else? Is it just my browser (chrome)?

2.) Is there a way to load more than 20 responses to a thread per page. On the old HAMB, I'm pretty sure I had my preference set to 40 per page.

Thanks, Ryan.

10. Well said, Harv. You guys should go ahead and explore the site, click on stuff. I've watched little kids explore new apps, that's what they do. You're not going to break it or anything. As far as the text size, you can change it if it's to big or small for you. Sheesh, guys. This is a big improvement. It just takes a little getting used to.

11. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I'm old & like things to stay as-is. You get used to things & I hate re-learning stuff every few years. Before this change- this site was the slowest loading & down for the count way too often of ALL the sites I visit. If this version fixes that, I'm in.

12. Yeah, working with Germans is tough, but "Deutsche Ordnung" makes the trains run on time.

13. titus

titus

I miss the shortcuts in the drop box on the bottom of the page.

Also is there a way to delete conversations (PMs) once im done with them? im an excesive compulsive eraser of unneeded emails and messages etc etc!

maybe some of this has been address, ill start looking around and doing some more explorations.

14. titus

titus

One other small thing, i liked it when the page number i was on is highlighted, now i have to look to the left and see what page im on to figure out what page to go to next.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Look in the Q&S forum...

I can do that.

WillysRule likes this.
  16. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Hey Neat-o man. Looks good! I been itchin the last day or two! good to have you all back, Thanks Ryan for bringing my productivity to an all time low once again.

17. @Ryan, overall I love the new site. Takes some time to get used to, but I've noticed a bunch of the new features and I think they'll really help the site overall.
    I did have a question/comment or two that I've encountered...

1. Will there be subscribed thread folders like there was on the previous version? I really liked that as I was able to group similar threads together for quick reference later. Ex: Olds Tech, Build Threads, Pictures, etc.

2. When you hover your mouse over a button, sometimes the 'pop-ups' really hamper with the ability to click said button. I really notice it with the Search button, and with the buttons within photo albums. It seems that I have to click at the very bottom of the button in order to it work. Otherwise I'm just clicking on the pop-up box and nothing happens. Not sure if that makes sense, but its frustrating sometimes.
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 7.08.31 PM.png

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

19. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan,
    I have a Blackberry Z10...laugh if you wish. The Support the HAMB Alliance banner is twice as wide as the rest of the page. Is there anything I can do to have it scale to the width of the rest of the page? Every time I move to a new page I have to double tap to zoom to the rest of the page. Those double taps on the screen accidentally open other pages.

It looks great though and I'm long overdue for being an Alliance member so I'll be doing that soon! I appreciate all the hard and frustrating work you guys have done!

20. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D To Ryan Cochran:Outstanding Sir.
    Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    PS:Get some sleep.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I will fix the banner width thing tomorrow.

22. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

I'm still trying too do the the search function on both apps tapatalk/hamb app still no dice
    Great work on the site thoe

Posted from Austinrod

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm beginning to think the whole tapatalk/hamb app plays second fiddle to just using the mobile browser.

24. I can't think of another company that you can get a response straight from the boss, customer input is responded to, changes are noticeably made, and nobody tells you to get bent.

Sure wish dealing with my insurance company went like this... Keep up the great work Ryan! We do appreciate it.

36DodgeRam likes this.
  25. old injun

old injun

im sorry but go back to the old format

26. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

So....change is good. Got a smart phone here
    What causes the screen to stay zoomed out when i leave this topic to go back to
    the new posts i just came from?
    I try and tighten it on?? Not happening
    The only way is to go back prior before the new posts page i was on, then hit new posts and then
    able to view it correct.
    Should be able to go back and view it the same size
    Darn phones..

27. Since my last post I see others have addressed some of my nitpicks and you, Ryan, have answered, thanks.

I do miss the drop down box at the bottom to move between forums or back to the one I was on.

28. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

29. 117harv

117harv

I have sent out some PM's, I guess they are referred to as conversations now. What happens when they reply, will there be a flashing flag at the top as before, will a window pop up in the screen as before?...thanks.

30. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

If you have a scroll mouse, push and hold control, and wheel back towards you.