Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Don't move till momma comes back or your history........

2. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

At our house it is Just wait till Mom gets home and you are history:rolleyes: Today we are going to try to get the rearend under the T, Tims Quest for finding one too damn smart Turkey got canceled due to crapy weather. So its off to the barn we go. As I am typing Tim spotted at least 6 turkeys on the hill, they just KNOW;). Will post some pics latter, have a good one... Beth

3. Beth, I'm jealous! I've always wanted to build a model A speedster with a boattail.
    Just haven't run across the right gang of parts yet. Have fun!

4. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We are lucky in the fact that our friend Bob ( T27Owner ) had just the gang of parts in one of our barns. Bob has given me use of things, But he also keeps telling me I need to build him a car also...Who knows I may just really do that. Oh your garage is ok we live in a never ending world of chaos ourselves.:)Good luck to you and thanks for following us. Bet

5. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Got the rearend under the car...Tim wasn't feeling all that good :(so it was a royal pain the ass :eek:( the car and Tim also :rolleyes:).The spring doesn't just drop into place so we put two 2x4 sections under the shackle mount and pulled the spring into position with a cargo strap,, But all in all it wasn't that bad being that all the parts are older than I am!!!! ;)So here are some new pics. Enjoy ! Beth

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Looks good, you got a lot done this winter. When do you think it'll will make its maiden voyage?

7. keep on pluggin Beth you'll get there!!:):)

8. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Love your T project, it looks like it started very similar to ours.
    We bought a farm wagon that was once model T and removed and burned the bed through our wood stove to get to the frame and axles.

9. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks , Not sure when we'll get it outo_O , Still have to put the motor back together:rolleyes: and go through the trans:eek: ,, Beth

10. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Hi Carl, We just keep putzing alongo_O. Tims car keeps getting closer so that is top dog right now. We work on the "T" when there is down time for him:rolleyes:. It is kinda one thing at a time somedays. So go's life at The Crippled Dog Ranch, oh and I still have My Puppies to work with:D, That "T" may get stuck some time and I will need a tow ( dogsled style ) ;) Beth

11. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Mine started with a bunch of parts in one of the barns. Tim was helping our friend T27owner ( Bob) by storing a whole bunch of stuff, in exchang he alowed us to create my "T". So this has been a from scratch project, and a learning experience for me. Mostly a lot fun (and work ) . One step at a time is how we go. Thanks for following us, and good luck to you with yours. Beth

12. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Lizbeth.. Have to tell ya,really miss you and your "T" thread! Any updates?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. pumpman

pumpman

I too have been wondering if there has been any progress. I know you and Tim are focused on his car and the new/old push truck.

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Sorry guys Beth has been sick for a couple weeks, I told her you guys were wondering what's up, She said thanks and she try to get on tomorrow if she felt better,, Tim Jones

15. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Tim, please tell Beth to take care of herself first... this car stuff is just an excuse to have fun and share with our pals. Hang in there and get well soon.
    Al

16. pumpman

pumpman

Get well Beth, cars can wait, you need your health first, and then you can finish the T.

17. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank for all the well wishes. This getting old stuff sucks, takes to long to recover .In my case my neck has a mind of it's own and for some unknown reason they don't listen....so not much has been done of late. We have spent some time getting Tims car and truck buttoned up, it is looking awsome if you ask me. We need to hone the block on mine (the babbits look good ) In a week or so we should be able to do that project, and start putting the shortblock together. Will try to be better at giving updates. Thanks again for the well wishes.Beth ,,, BTW here's a pic Tim shot when we were moving the race car around 101_8862 (3).jpg

18. pumpman

pumpman

Glad to hear you're getting better, just take it easy. Couldn't agree with you more on the "getting old thing". Great pic, it's turning out great!

manx4me likes this.
  19. Now you two need to put er on a track and start enjoying it, hint, hint......EAGLE FIELD!!!!

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

21. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Later today Beth is going to have two MRI's on her brain and neck , Keep her in your thoughts,,,, Tim Jones 101_7499.jpg 101_6079.jpg

kidcampbell71 and jocktherock like this.
  22. Will do Tim, wishing all the best for ya Beth.................

23. Will do. thoughts and prayers

24. Saying a prayer! God Bless.

25. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Get well wishes from Scandinavia.

26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well wishes to you Beth get better soon

27. Wishing all went well today...............

28. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Sorry so late updateing you guys ,Because the hospital near us has no MRI machine, they used the portable one that's hauled in a semi, Very high buck deal, It was running late so she did't get scanned til about 9:00 PM made a very late nite, Then we had to do some running around in Omaha today, But they won't know anything til Monday, Beth is doing Ok just wants to get some answers, as it stands right now she barly sleeps because of the head and neck pain, can't walk far on her own, she stay busy around the house and cariing for the birds, Said to tell everyone hi and Thank you,, Tim Jones

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Nothing to report,She's off for a couple more weeks ,Another MRI on her neck Thurs, There were some spot's on her Brain , but the Doc wasn't worried about them for now, they are still thinking she has something tore in her neck, Trying new meds to help with the pain so she can aleast sleep ,, Tim Jones

30. whishing you well Beth...........

manx4me likes this.