Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 buick questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buickfella, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Buickfella

Buickfella

Ok fellas this is more of an air ride question I know there are a few buicks on here with bags working toward getting mine that way was wondering if anybody has clearance issues with the torque tube in the tranny tunnel I'm fixing to make new floor boards and didn't know if it would be sense able to raise the tunnel. Thanks in advance

2. fms427

fms427

You didn't get much response, so I'll give you my two cents worth - no Buick experience, but a lot a airbag experience.....

Obviously depends on how low you want to go. If you want to "lay rocker" you will definitely need a raised tunnel. In fact, if your rear susp goes anywhere beyond the production travels - and you probably want it to - you will need a larger tunnel. Also need to check joint angles at the front of the torque tube - not sure what can be accommodated there. And you will probably need to "C" the frame over the rear axle. Other than that - its easy.........:D

3. Buickfella

Buickfella

Yeah I'm not wanting to cut it up to lay rockers just notched and laying frame too original to hack on much. I've read that there was no major rubbing issues doing such but figured if I'm already in there might as well raise it if there's occasional rubbing... Prolly just go ahead and do it.. Was just hoping some people that drive em bagged would chime in.

4. Century

Century

I've got a bagged '56 - no torque tube rubbing issues when aired down.

[​IMG]

Here it is all the way down.

5. nailedbuick

nailedbuick

No, rubbing with my 57

6. sololobo

sololobo

stunning 56, Century