Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Lol, i had to look it up, we dont have Jack in the box out here. As for to big to eat, we shall see rabbit, we shall see. :D:D

55belairx2 likes this.
  2. Ya I was wondering if that line was too old school for ya, but google is cool ain't it? Thanks for your support buddy! Now were's those paint chips?..,I'm hungry..,

3. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Thanks to INLAW MODEL A (Paul) and FALFASNIGHTMARE (Eric) for my pre-registration number ! Guess I should have taken a better pic after all this so you could actually see the rear wheels !

4. Your welcome! We can see your wheels just fine. Thank you for going through the work of changing wheels. You will understand why when you get there.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Gonna be home Saturday,getting the car safety checked and new plates next week,and hope to hit test n tune Friday night at Grand Bend Dragway.
    Can't wait to get home and back to finishing off the car!:)

Scott

6. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hey guys anyone have any 1/2" pitch blower pulleys that they would part with Ive been running the Willys pickup the last few days and this v-belt crap has gotta go I've wasted an entire set of belts and as much as I really like this setup it's just not practical mainly cause you can't buy a matched set of belts around here I've gotta come up with some pulleys I have an idler but need a 1:1 ratio upper and lower I'm really bustin ass to get this thing to the meltdown I'm not real sure I'm gonna get both the digger and the Willys done in time but I'm sure not giving up yet sometimes I wish July was another six months away but I'm wishing it was already here lol pm me if you have or know someone who has some good used pulleys that could be bought at a reasonable cost thanks and see you clowns at the meltdown

Chrome don't get ya home

7. Are you running a 2" or 3" wide belt?

8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I can use either one

Chrome don't get ya home

9. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

It sure is nice to have the HAMB back up and running, i have missed everyone's updates. Only a few months away.

10. old tom

old tom
    from il

Does Ron Leek still run that strip?

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

12. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Nice job Joel...how can i get a copy?
    Did you test yet? Comming out fri nite?

13. Danny G

Danny G

The way I understand the shootout is that all these cars involved are 10 second cars. Is that right, that's a bunch of fast cars.

14. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Id bet thatHALF of these cars are mid to low 9s

15. Saxxon

Saxxon

Already know Quain's Willys, Donovan's Anglia and Johnny's Nova are in the 9s. The Reaper Mustang is supposed to be a serious contender and Cromer's Willys can keep pace with Quain. Panneton is using a serious big inch smallblock and Joel is hoping to better his 10.20 pace from last year. Koops is looking for a tall cliff to push his junk off of to keep pace.

It's looking like you need a 9 second gun for this knife fight !!

55belairx2 likes this.
  16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I will be heading up the 13.0 bracket and if lucky a 12.99 so if anyone wants a piece of me look me up in the pits I will driving the gold Shamu (Charger)

17. Saxxon

Saxxon

This is a long one - grab a beer before you get started​

Since I’m the poor sap that is collecting / coordinating the media and picture compilations for the North vs South Gasser shootout I reserve the right to establish some standards. There will not be an official videographer / photographer who will capture the event, that task is up to the individual teams. Of course I will accept submissions from anyone - regardless of affiliation or non-affiliation.

Only rules I will insist on are: Take LOTS of Pictures and Video and Get me the media no later than 31 August 2014

None of the suggested media is mandatory but in my opinion adds to the event. I am not going tell you how to gather the media, again, that’s up to you. Having a formal media coordinator / director for each side is not a bad idea…

I want no compensation for this effort and I will not reserve rights or copyrights. However – I am suggesting that we allow the MDA to market the media I will send them as they see fit, which includes selling it to fund the 2015 event.

My vision: (is poor cuz I'm old ... but this what I want to do)
    1. An unmodified gathering of all the media with some minor editing for sequencing and brevity of viewing on a CD / DVD. As big and long as the media content demands - this way - folks won’t get upset if some or all of their media submissions are not in the final documentary format.

2. A fully edited documentary style compilation of the event on a CD / DVD (approx. 30 – 60 minutes)
    Please be aware that I SUCK AT THIS but I have access to smart teens who know how to do this stuff to keep the finished product from sucking too badly
    When I’m done:

• I will send the compilations back to the captains of each team - Free - Email and Mail
    • Copies to the MDA - Free - Email and Mail
    • Upload it to YouTube with Links on the HAMB, Meltdown site and Meltdown Facebook page
    I have no issues sending to other contacts but I do not want this to get out of hand. I would prefer to leave the distribution to the team captains and MDA. This will share the effort as well as share the cost of mailing.
    Supporting Documents / Information I will need / want:
    • It would help me to have a list of the participants from both teams (Joel ??)
    • A results ladder or summary of the results so I can put the races in the proper order
    • Primary contact name with contact information from both sides – for me to fill in gaps and questions
      • Mail and Email for the primary contact / team captain
    Media Format preferred:
    • PDF and Video
    • Direct download to my laptop on site
    • Flash drives, CDs and editable DVDs – These will not be returned before Meltdown 2015 (If at all)
    Media Delivery / My contact information:
    All media needs to be sent to me - No later than 31 August, 2014 (Please)

Onsite
    We will have at least 2 laptops in our pits. Feel free to drop by and offload the media.
    Email [email protected] or [email protected]
    Mail
    Dave Pelissier
    739 Archibald st
    Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
    R2J-0Y3
    204 – 237-7525 (h) // 204-330-3310 ©

Text 204-330-3310 Small files only please

Closing Thoughts:
    To re-confirm: I am NOT looking for ALL of the media events I am identifying in this document and I will not police what media you are gathering. All is good, more is better.

Also – Have individuals do multiples sequences. Such as:
    • Roving pits / interviews
    • Burnout / starting line
    • Person in the stands doing burnout / starting line / staging lane shots
    Give some of these tasks to eager teens with expensive cell phones and cameras. Girlfriends, boyfriends, mothers, fathers, friends – recruit them all. Let the drivers focus on the driving. Recruit some random folks with cameras who would give a limb to be part of this event.

Be safe, Have fun.
    See you all in Byron

Suggested Media content: - Nothing is Mandatory
    Do what you can
    Intro the car:
    • Do a walk around, engine shot, interior shot, name on the car etc
    • If you have sound capability – describe the vehicle
      • Year/make/model, name, engine type and size, cool info – like history
    Intro the driver / family / crew:
    • Driver/ family / crew shot etc
    • If you have sound capability – Give me a short interview
    • Driver and crew introductions
    • History of the driver / crew / family
    • A few well-chosen sound bites / trash talk / thank Byron, MDA for putting this on…. etc
    North vs South - Team shots:
    Don’t be afraid to whoop it up, wave flags, show a banner, burn an effigy – have some fun
    • Drivers and Crew shots
    • North drivers / South drivers
    • North and South together – If you can keep it civil
    • Everyone you can fit in the picture
    • Cars as a group - This might be tough – work with it (long range staging lanes shots may work)
    • North Group / South Group
    • Both groups in the lanes
    Action shots:
    A few well-placed folks during the event will add to the experience and quality of the overall media... This why we want this … right !! – Some suggestions…
    • Idling in the pits
    • Moving to staging lanes
    • Burnouts – Gotta have burnouts and Dry hops
    Racing !!!!
    (Friday Friday Friday – We’ll sell you the seat - but you will only need the edge!!!)

• Starting line
    • Mid track
    • Finish line and shut down
    • From the stands and guardrail and hillside
    • Return road
    • Post-race / pass interviews / comments
      • "That was a good race / oohh got a little out of shape, Those Cali boys really suck"… etc
    Misc:
    • Trophy presentation / Winning team shots
    • Non-winning team shot
    • Candid / random
    • MDA team

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  18. Bull

Bull

Just dynoed the new bullet for the Rude Stewed last weekend. 523hp. Went low 12's all day long with 330hp and a worn out tranny. 523hp with a fresh glide, new converter and fresh rearend ought to be fun. ;)

19. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Looks like a great deal here Saxxon. Thats ALOT of extra work for you. Thanks for thinking about all the racers and crew. Id like to buy you a beer or 3

20. Saxxon

Saxxon

Like I'm going to say no to a beer or 3....duh !!

21. The reaper is definitely on kill mode. I seen it run.

22. so there are good chances that my father and i, will be making the trip down from Toronto area, really looking forward to this event!

23. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

No test yet, going to be there friday to hopefully give her a shakedown run or two.

24. powrshftr

powrshftr

That poster looks absolutely AWESOME!
    My only regret is that I didn't build a more serious motor for my car so I could compete in the North/South Shootout without being a major boat anchor to my team!lol!
    I can't wait to get some of that action next year though!:)

It's been snowing all day up here,so I am getting pretty eager to jump on a plane and get home to finish the car up!

Ric,you oughtta get a kick outta that!May 14th and snowing like a mad bastard up here....lol!

Scott

25. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

is there a schedule somewhere? what time do the races start on Friday?

26. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

Yes I am interested in this also. I am trying to decide what day to head up. Also when in the cruise to the drive-in?

27. Hey Davie, don't forget Koops tail wind, gonna need one of those two, and maybe a Jato rocket or 6! :)
    Nice job on the video suggestions, sounds like you do this for a living, or you like to walk around your area taking lots of pictures of snow & ice, and interviewing all the people in Santa's Village

28. PS. 105 degree in Cali today, send ice tea, like tanker trucks full alright! All my talk of our bitchin warm weather here has come back on my silly little head, ITS HOTTER THAN A POPCORN FART HERE!, OH THE IRONY!!! AS MY SISTER, THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST WOULD SAY, "OOH I'M MELTING..,I'M MELTING LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE YOU ROTTEN BITCH DOROTHY, AND YOUR LITTLE DOG (WITH THE 80'S SOFT ROCK BAND NAME) TOTO"!

29. ..,can a brutha get an ice cube?

30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Zero sympathy here.Freezing my ass off up here.
    On the bright side,the bears are still sleeping,so there's no shit to step in!lol!

Scott