Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. flatcat

flatcat

2. I play rock and roll.You know its loud here on my mountian top shop when the neighbors call up and ask me to change the station.lol.Bruce.

3. Royals baseball, Car Talk, Whattayaknow, Cypress Avenue, all the music on The Bridge 90.9 in Kansas City, and I know its time to put tools away and clean up while listening to Prairie Home Companion late on a Saturday afternoon.

4. 327Eric

327Eric

I use the internet, and mostly listen to Hard Rock, but lately its been Outlaw Country.

5. rat deuce

rat deuce

60's drag racing dvd's, Yankee's/Giant's games and the voices in my head...

6. not dead yet

not dead yet

Depends on the day and on the task. Heavy if I am pounding/sanding. mellow if I am thinking.

7. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Oldies and Country Music

verde742 likes this.
  8. For about 45 minutes this morning the sound of sizzling like eggs frying.HRP

9. Whatever station I can get on the radio at that particular time of day. Usually it's the 'rock' station or the country station. Country is good for keeping me calm.

verde742 likes this.
  10. I hear you, oh wait, I can't hear anything any more! Damn mosquitoes have me sucked dry before I even know they are buzzing around, so I don't bother with a radio.

11. exline

exline
    from PA

I have a huge stack of 8 tracks that I got at an auction for a few bucks, they seem to play for ever and not mind the dirt, so I have been listening to them.

12. WhitewallWill

WhitewallWill
    from N. Van, BC

Songza on the web and mobile app. Everything from Blues Rock to Jazz to whatever. Pick an activity and it plays music for Pole dancing to Drinking at a dive bar. Great stuff. Not that I've seen or done either.

13. Pretty much anything non-commercial, processed, or synthesized.

early 60's folk, bluegrass, 4-part harmony gospel (think O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack), The Dubliners, & pretty much anything from the 30's & 40's - esp. Western Swing (Bob Wills).

I also enjoy the occasional Black Flag, Clash, Ramones, and Sex Pistols tunes.

14. I listen to good ol' doo wop!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

16. fms427

fms427

XM radio-Outlaw Country

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have a 32 gig MP3 player. It has about 28 gig of music on it. I set it to random and let it go.

18. A really crappy AM/FM radio the previous owner left behind which cuts out on a regular basis. Need to take care of that since I've got several clock radios laying around. That or get a digital TV converter box for the analog TV I've got sitting on top of the Coke machine I want to restore.

19. MR K.

MR K.

For sure waylon and cash! But some days i need imelda may ....only problem when shes on screen my eyes stop focusing on cars.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

flatheadpete likes this.
  20. gas & guns

gas & guns

Took an old cell phone charger, cut the plug o_Ooff and wired it to an old car radio. Plugged in the ol telescoping antenna, drilled a hole thru the wall and stuck her thru. Hooked er to an old house speaker (damn redneck).
    Works good.
    Plays country or classic rock. Saturdays or Sundays we can usually find a blues special.
    Waylon, Cash, D.A.Cole, Bob Seager, Lightning Hopkins, Muddy, Zeppelin, Howling Wolf, John Lee Hooker, CCR, SRV.
    If the barley pops get flowin, might even blow a little harp my self.

Hugh Jones likes this.
  21. Boden

Boden

That’s what I listen to when I’m skateboarding haha. Really makes me want to fight someone. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rush Limbaugh 9-12. . . . . . Old movies and Western on the TV. Sometimes baseball and Nascar.

65pacecar likes this.
  23. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Rush Limbaugh. Reds Baseball My California Mix with Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, Ripcords, Rivieras, etc etc. The Guess Who, CCR. On Sunday Nights 700 WLW does the race report, I usually catch it on IHeartRadio radio. They cover all Motorsports including drag racing. Great show

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  24. Winters, Santana, Clapton, Guy, Waters, King, You get the picture!:cool:

RustyBullet likes this.
  25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm a guitar player junkie. ZZ Top rules. I also like country western (pop country can kiss my ass), bluegrass, rockabilly, pumk, etc. Lately this Canadian cat named Colter Wall has gotten a lot of my listening time. And of course my high school buddy Whitey Morgan, too.

krbstr likes this.
  26. donsz

donsz

I removed the cable TV since I really didn't watch it anyway. I usually listen to internet radio, oldies stations
    from Germany (German songs, English language songs, and English singers singing their hits in German) Sometimes I listen to the German station where I used to be stationed at (near my wife's home town). Once in a while I
    like a good opera (Joan Sutherland is a favorite) or violin music. Occasionally I listen police scanner reports,
    CB radio, and short wave transmissions from other countries. The only difficult thing about the German music
    is that I soon get an overwhelming need to have a German beer, obviously not my fault. I'm required to follow
    through.
    don

treb11 likes this.
  27. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I also have the full collection of the original Dragnet radio series, I listen to quite a bit too.

28. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I put a flatscreen in the garage for background noise while I’m working, Roadkill is on now...

image.jpg

Lerenzo Rawson likes this.
  29. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Most of the time it’s 50s 60s rock and roll. However there are times when I am concentrating on a problem or doing layout work I like silence with no interruptions from anyone.

30. Christian radio or Classical but as often as not- nothing at all- I can actually drive a car or work on a project without the radio helping-