Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. allwilly

allwilly

Way good remodel

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

3. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Wow, site looks absolutely fantastic! Top job!! One thing I noticed (or maybe didn't stumble across on how to use correctly) is that the search function seems not be working for me... I used to type in "drag cars" to check out the "Drag cars in motion" thread...now it just says "no results found"...

4. Roadrat

Roadrat

Unable to get in. Safari is telling me that there is too many redirects and is not able to open the forum page. Am I missing something here?

5. Thanks, Ryan, for the heads-up re the social groups. Everything else seems to be working fine re my account. Like all new builds, there's obviously some fine tuning to be done.

Roadrat: I'm also using Safari and have had no problems. You may want to check your settings - hope that helps.

Patience, everyone... ;):D

6. I have been a proponent of EVERY version over the last 15 years. Not digging this one so far but after reading 20 pages I am willing to wait and see. The default avatar is weird..................

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's not you. It's me. I'm working on something...

8. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Overall it seems pretty good, but as others have said, there's too much blank white space, too much space between lines of text, and the text is too big. I shouldn't have to resize the page to view it comfortably, because that will resize all my other tabs too, so I have to re-resize them when I switch between them. There should be a text-size option somewhere. I knew the old farts would love this though!

Also, is there an option for how many posts show per page? The old site (and every vBulletin site I belong to) has an option for more posts per page.

I don't have any problem with change, just hope there's still some tweaking that can be done.

9. mikeymike

mikeymike

Looking Good!

Big Thanks-the absence has been a challenge-you have been missed!

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

How do you I.M. or email a member?? I'm trying to contact a member regarding his classified ad. First, I signed in. One I go to his profile page, I don't see the old "contact member" via email or I.M. I clicked on "start conversation", but once I type a message, I don't see any way to submit/send it. Tried IE and Chrome.

11. Will take a little to get used to it but damn it looks great.

12. Maladjusted

Maladjusted

I loves me some HAMB.

13. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I love, love it.

It'll take some getting used to, but no one is born proficient at anything.

Thank y'all for putting so much work into this site.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. von zipper

von zipper

Thanks Ryan for the upgrade! Uploading made easy!! Hope it also goes for the groups pages!! I use a iPad mini!!

Attached Files:

15. navyboy

navyboy

something crazy but very nice.

16. Wow, totally different in a good way.;)

17. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

You finally discarded the six deuces and installed a blower. Excellent update.
    Thank You.

18. bonesy

bonesy

I'll admit it, I've been straying away from the HAMB a bit. These changes help reel me back.

It really does look great and clean.

Congratulations.

19. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

great job Ryan. they should have had you do the obummercare rollout !

20. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Ryan;

I agree w/some of the guys that say there's too much white space, too much spacing 'twixt the text, & text size is too big. It is, for me, exactly like (attempting) to read a large-print Readers' Digest, using a magnifying glass, in very bright sunlight, resulting a very nasty headache & eye-strain. (read: 5 min max, on this version of the HAMB. :( . I did try the "hold ctrl key down & scroll mouse wheel", but all that did was move the page up & down. [I'm still using XP-Pro, if it matters...]. However, rather than bitch about it all, could/would you please provide an option(s) to alter that. (Maybe font size/spacing similar to the last version of the HAMB?) I'm getting old, but not blind... yet... :D . I don't know how much work that would (will) involve, but I *will* appreciate it *very* much.

Also having difficulty finding my Pm's.
    &, Dogfight still won't recognize my log-ins. Appreciate any help you can spare, when you've got a few minutes. Nothing has to be done yesterday - I know you're busy.

TIA.

Marcus...

21. Fingers

Fingers

I like the big text :)
    All looks good so far.

22. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome back - I never knew I could hold my breath for so long!
    Chris

23. Mart

Mart

All good so far, but I can't edit a post I made in the fix your avatar thread. the one I just made (#30) the edit option appears, but the one I did previously (#8) does not have the option.

Edit: That's fixed now, thanks.

One other constructive criticism, I can't see the value in showing who is online when only the first few can be displayed. there are so many left off the list that the list is irrelevant.

Just an observation, not a big problem.

It's easy to pick a few minor faults, but big praise is in order for all the good stuff.

Mart.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  24. Tailem Bend Kid

Tailem Bend Kid
    from Australia

I dont usually say too much, However from what I have seen so far ,WOW.

Great job ,Well Done.

25. I like it. It feels speedy and industrial somehow. Good taste and well done.

26. Well, I guess change is to be lived with.

How do you add pics to your albums? The pop done when scrolling over your name is unlegibal (printing to close to color of background)!

27. milo1303s

milo1303s

You used to be able to hover the pointer over a tread title and read the first few lines of a tread can we get that back please?

28. Thumper

Thumper

Well this is gonna take some getting used to............but...great job!

29. mustangsix

mustangsix

There are a couple of things I miss from the last version.
    1. There used to be a preview when you moused over a post.
    2. You can still go directly to a page in a topic, but there's no "view all" option.
    3. The thumbnails attached to some posts are so small you can't tell what they are until you open it.
    4. Still getting used to the font size and spacing.

30. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Yes, I'm missing that too.