Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Version 7.0: BUG REPORT THREAD

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey guys, if you see any bugs while using the new version of the H.A.M.B., please post them here. We plan to be up and down all week as we address any problems that may arise.

Thanks!

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A few known bugs:

1. During the migration, we lost a number of user avatars (including my own). Sorry about that fellas... But you will have to reupload your avatar.

2. The iPhone and Android apps are currently down.

3. Search is painfully slow. That will be fixed by the end of the week.

4. Social groups are missing. These will be launched later this week. And if you hosted a social group on the old version, don't worry - all of your posts and threads will be back.

3. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Is search function not working on the hamb app on iPhone ?

Posted from Austinrod

4. Ryan,all the hours you spent getting this site back up & running...I wanted to respond to your thousand dollar deuce roadster.
    I got this message.

(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)

,maybe sleep deprivation is reason behind this mean spirited post,You are a demented man! :D HRP

5. Low Priority, but I'm having a hard time seeing what page I am on, can't tell which number is Bold.

CoolHand likes this.
  6. lostmind

lostmind

Here is a minor one-- says I'm a new member under my Avatar , been here since 2011.
    Also , all my classifieds are gone except the one I posted today.
    No trace of them in my threads posted.
    Just wondering if they will come back?
    Photo post was easy , like the full view feature. And the size layout is nice.
    It will take some getting used to , but in a couple weeks it will be comfortable.
    thanks for your efforts
    Roy

7. On the old forum interface, when you subscribed to a thread, you could put it in a folder. I must have had 20 or 30 folders for different things. Made categorizing the threads I subscribe to, and finding threads later, pretty easy for me.
    Did we lose subscribed thread folders in this new version?

jambottle likes this.
  8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I find the text almost difficult to read. Also avatars are somewaht pixelated.

PEDDRO and Terrence like this.
  9. I'm loving the new look and features and appreciate all your efforts Ryan.

I am having a pretty significant issue though. In the past, I posted large pictures by inserting the link to a pic in my album. In checking all of my threads (including the build thread for the C.C. Coupe) all of my pics are gone. I'm assuming all my album pics changed location so all the links went dead. Is there any way to get them back or are ALL of my threads now worthless because they contain no pics?

As mentioned above, I too am having problems telling which page I am on. There needs to be more contrast between the page numbers and the current page you are on.

Thanks again for the upgrades.

10. I noticed that on my threads as well. I'm hoping there is an easy fix for it.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

When 'mousing' over the grey flags up top, the text is very, VERY light in color. Incredibly difficult to read.

12. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if it is something on this work server or what, but when I view a picture, then click on the next picture the prior one comes up. Probably something cache related.

posted via smoke signals made with a Mexican blanket

13. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

probably something that will be last on your radar but the "trophies" seem to be working for some folks and others have nothing even though they have "earned" some (i.e. "first message", "1000 messages", etc.). Just something I noticed while diving deep into the depths of the hamb

14. Minor issue: The Album description field appears to only allow 200 characters (including spaces) ... so now all of my (verbose) album descriptions have been truncated :(

On a positive note: Albums can now include embedded videos!

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  15. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

IT'S A BIGGIE $$$$$$$$$$$$

Trying to renue my membership only to get an error code...

16. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I'm amazed you've also updated Bigweld's old App I have on my 3GS. I wasn't expecting that. Some new features too! Thanks Ryan.
    One thing though. The site is very slow on my 8 year old IMac. I type much quicker than the letters appear on the screen.

17. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

It must be a Firefox thing. It works fast in Safari. Can't update anything anymore as it's a pre-intel G5, but I'm not throwing out a well built machine just because it's not supported anymore. I'll use Safari from now on.
    Ta,
    Ed

18. It appears that during the upgrade, some of the ASCII text in old posts didn't get properly converted.

For example ... in the first few posts in my May 2008 THE 1958 NHRA NATIONALS thread, many of the "special characters" are displaying as their HTML unicode code ... e.g.:
    • apostrophe symbols (right single quotation marks) as &#8217
    • left single quotation marks as &#8216
    • left & right double quotation marks as &#8220 and &#8221
    • three dots (ellipsis) as &#8230
    ... and the <sup> & </sup> tags (nor the [sup] & [/sup] tags) no longer work to make text display as superscript.

Unfortunately, "old" posts can no longer be edited by the original poster ... so several of my old threads will prove difficult to read :(

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm getting this with my instagram...???

xcigp_there_are_no_photos_to_show

20. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

The tiny dot next to a thread indicating whether or not it has new threads or not is too small. I use a touch screen and trying to "right click" (hold) to "open in new tab" is virtually impossible. Is there a way to make the new posts indicator larger??

I like the new look! It'll take some getting used to, but I like it!!

CoolHand likes this.
  21. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

It's seem you can't edit your older post after awhile

Posted from Austinrod

Last edited: May 13, 2014
    CoolHand likes this.
  22. OLLIN

OLLIN

I'm using the phone ap on an Android.
    You still can't see price or location in classified ads
    And the pop up ads are still showing up on the bottom of the screen.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. As stated above I can see no option to edit a post. That's an important option in a great many instances such as ad's and updating info or wording on older posts. Can the time limit be removed?

CoolHand likes this.
  25. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Can't download the new version mobile app to my android, says it won't support it.

26. First thing I noticed was the difficulty reading the text.

27. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Much easier to read on my iPhone. My work computer must be the culprit. Anyways, thanks for all your hard work. I'm kinda diggin it.

28. scotti32

scotti32

Searched 1932, no results?

29. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

I know you said the app needs more work, so I hate to bother with something you already know, I've got no participated topics. even participated in some since back up.... On a good note I haven't seen an ad yet, don't know if its because I'm an alliance member or not?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!