Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I finally got Gunther to go for a ride in the Model A pick up. You can tell he was a little nervous but he soon settled in. When the tops chopped and the body is channeled over the frame there's not a lot of room for a 90 pound GSD!

Attached Files:

2. This afternoon, I lost my beautiful PapiChi named GiGi to a horrible accident - she was crushed by the garage door opener! She was too short to trip the cutoff beam, and apparently she headed out as my wife was headed inside the house as the door was closing. My wife thought GiGi was already inside. This evening has been such an awful time. I had just drove up the driveway to see my sons and my wife nearly inconsolable...so I held GiGi in my arms from that time, until we arrived at the vet. We took GiGi to our vet to arrange for her cremation - I could never simply bury her in the backyard!

She was born on Christmas Day 2006, so she was seven and a half years old. GiGi was always at the door when I came home from wherever;, be it my shop, work, or just being outside, she would meet me at the door, with her tail wagging furiously and her little face ready to lick mine. She'd sleep in the bed with us, and would always lay up against my back. She'd stay like that all night until I got up to get ready for work, and I'd let her outside so she could pee, then come back in for her breakfast. We were both always so excited to see each other!!! The past few weeks, I'd tell GiGi how awesome she is, and that her daily charge up the awesome scale was unstoppable. I'd tell her that she gained 100% more awesomeness over the previous day's awesome tally, and she'd wag her tail approvingly and lick my face off.

She and I would play tug-of-war with her various toys. Of course, the dog taste was pretty heavy, but I never minded that. She'd grrr and growl and pull hard on the toy - she was just 12 pounds - but she sure thought she was bigger than that. No fear in GiGi! She'd also go outside on the concrete porch, stretch out and sun herself for several minutes each day. Best damn watchdog ever, too!

I cannot describe what GiGi means to me! Other than her playmate and best dog friend DeeDee the Chihuahua, who has been with us for 10-1/2 years, both dogs I've had the longest in my life! I'm sitting here, looking down at her empty little doggie bed under my computer table. She'd follow me everywhere in the house. I'd be on the couch watching a little TV, she'd be on the couch with. On the computer? She'd be right there. Time for bed? She'd follow me in and wait until I was ready for bed, then I'd lift her up onto the bed and she'd be right there, up against my back and under the covers, asleep all warm and cozy...

This is just ripping my heart out. I miss her so much. I gotta go, can't do this right now, sorry!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. Sorry for your loss Patrick, I just can not imagine.....our thoughts will be with your family.

4. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Axle hanging out in the garage.

Attached Files:

5. GRX

GRX
    from MD

She thinks my 69 is pretty fine.

:)

[​IMG]

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry for your loss. I know that empty feeling and it's pretty bad. Thinking of you.

7. 4406

from Oklahoma

Our 5 month old Lab / Shepard loves to go for a ride. I like dogs better than people.

8. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YOU MEAN LIKE *THIS*? :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  9. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

ditto
    :(

10. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

SO sorry fer yer loss pardner! :(

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sounds agonizing Patrick. I feel for your loss.

I hope you find a joyful replacement real soon.

12. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We got the body on Tims Comp Coupe Dragster ,so.....I figure what the heck see how I fit with Shiloh, I am sure he will feel better on the seat of my Model T, but He is a sleddog and the dragster is a sled of sorts so here we are:). Hope you all enjoy, we had fun stuffing ourselves in there.;) Beth

Attached Files:

13. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Patrick I just read about you and your wife's loss, I'm so sorry for you,,, Beth and Tim

14. classic gary

classic gary

Our cat FRANKIE is THE best pet I've ever had the pleasure to know. A cat? yup.
    here are some pics of him, "protecting" "his" cars. I had to scoot him outside and close the doors to work on the '56 chevy Gasser. He had also figured out, if I coudn't get to the tools, I could do no harm! He got into some trouble and had to have an eye removed while we were building the wife's 57 chevy 3100. One of his favorite places to crash was on the seat. Now he has claimed the A as his. I've had 3 dogs in my life so far, (not counting the 2 we have now), and none of them liked/like cars.

Attached Files:

15. no55mad

no55mad

Took the new puppy to the beach.

Attached Files:

16. My dog frickin LOVES to take rides! *

[​IMG]

* (Not really my dog, found this on the net but it makes me laugh every time I look at it!)

17. hellenthal

hellenthal
    from Cincinnati

This is a picture of me and my buddy Clancy. He likes to sit on my lap when we cruise.

Attached Files:

18. My wife and i lost are puggle Max three years ago n when he died some people told me it was just a dog n get over it! Wife n i never had kids so he was our lil boy! I told em i hope they never lose a kid cuz id tell em hell its justa kid get over it!!

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

My wife and I had an accident in our late model SUV after a Douche ran a red light. Our Labrador Retriever Maggie was on the rear seat and after the crash she ran from the scene. Both air bags deployed and we got beat up pretty bad, I could hardly breathe and could see Maggie running in and out of traffic dodging cars and I started after her. A cop started screaming at me " Get in the ambulance. Forget about the dog". I realized right then and there this cop had never in his life owned a dog. After I managed to run Maggie down, I called our neighbor to come get Maggie. I stayed with her as she shook like a leaf until he arrived and only then did I get in the ambulance. I know she would have done as much for me. Attached is a picture of Maggie doing what she does best retrieving in the Gulf of Mexico.

Attached Files:

wingnutz and 50scotbolt like this.
  20. Exactly! That is knowing what a dog means in your life.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

50scotbolt likes this.
  22. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

My saint loved to go for rides!!! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400023690.897135.jpg

Wishing I was on the salt watching some fast cars go by me!!!!!!!

23. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

back moren 20 years ago I read *this* made me stop & think --

He drove his dear dog to an early grave

Dear Abby,
    I found my dog "Belle" last year at the pound. We bonded instantly and I knew I had to take her. She was sweet. funny, and fearless.

I remembered the truck commercials on TV where the message was dogs love trucks, Belle was no exception. The day I bought my used pickup, she hopped into the bed and was ready to go. It seemed that half the vehicles I saw growing up were old pickups with dogs -- always unrestrained.

At first, there were short trips to the store or on a back road. But, after a month, we got more adventurous. SometimesBelle would get excited and lean over and snap at passing cars. That should have warned me, but at the time I thought it was funny. It never occurred to me to be concerned. Not until she fell out.

I watched in the rear view mirror as she tumbled to the road. Belle survived the fall and started to get up, but before she could get out of the way, an oncoming car hit her.

It was stupid, awfull, and completely unexpected. And it could have been prevented. A simple harness, or better yet, keeping my beautifull Belle in the cab would have saved her life.

Now, because of a stupid, macho image I had of a man, his dog, and his truck. I have lost a beautifull friend. Please warn your readers that if they have a pet they care about, not to allow it to ride unrestrained in the truck bed.

----- Grieving in Lexington, Ky.

Thinkin on that --
    I purchased the first of several harnesses I've used to make my "CoPilots" safe since -- kept em from bein hurt a number of times while excutin sudden manuvers & stops -- annnnd Shela is uninjured and still alive beCAUSE of hers

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  24. Here are some Happy dogs (and cat).

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  25. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

26. Iron28w

Iron28w
    from Kansas

Here are my two girls out in our off topic jeep last weekend, looking for some mud to play in

Attached Files:

27. highboy

highboy
    from marin

ZekeGarage2.jpg Zeke when he was just a pup...can't fit on the roller anymore. But still finds a nearby spot while i wrench away.

28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Zeke looks like a happy pup.

29. MuttleyIn The Safari.jpg First time I've read this post;haven't had our own dog to go riding with since Muttley left us two years ago.She was almost eighteen and loved to go on cross country trips with us. Here is a picture of her taken by my good friend Dennis O'Brien at the Ty-Rods show one year. On our trips she would spend most of it curled up in my wife's lap.

30. Here's one of mine. Rallo although he's not quite sussed out you're supposed to ride inside the truck!
    [​IMG]

and...his big bro Dexter a 24lb Maine Coon testing out the air-ride back suspension.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.