Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Yup, kinda like going from Windows '95 to 8.1

ALSO - If anyone thinks the fonts and overall page layout appears too large for ya - if you're using IE, go up to the 'view' button, click on it, then to 'zoom', and then click 'Zoom out' - and it will reduce the overall screen size.

2. This is awesome! Thanks!!

@Ryan How do I view the linked instagram stuff?

3. Super88

Super88

I have barely looked at the new version, but I like what I see. The work that has been put into the site is obvious. Great job.

4. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I am so grateful the HAMB is back up. I was beginning to feel like I was trapped in hot rod purgatory.

5. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

WoW...different but cool!! I have been checking back daily. Nice job!!

6. Squablow

Squablow

My favorite thing so far is when people reply with a quote, you don't have to scroll past the entire quote to see the new reply, it's just previewed. That got annoying when people would quote a huge page of pics just to say "awesome".

Haven't tried the new pic uploader yet but it's gotta be an improvement over the other system so that's a plus as well.

I do agree that the cursor-preview on threads was a nice feature of the old system and about the grey/white contrast needing more contrast.

I tried the CTRL/scroll method to make my text smaller but it didn't work for me, would definitely like to shrink down the size of everything so when I scroll through thread titles and such, I can see more than one or two at a time.

Not trying to be critical, just throwing out some feedback on the new site. Good to be back, it was as if Cinderella was singing "Don't know what you got, 'till it's gone" for the last week whenever I'd check in.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn Ryan, I hope you are sleeping finally, and for a good, long time. Rest easy dude, this freakin' ROCKS! I am digging the new bigger font, as I have to admit for the last 6 months or so since my discovery of magnifying glasses, I've looked like an idiot staring at the screen. I was most worried about the new picture loading feature, but 30 seconds on that and I figured it out. And, what a feature! I can finally post full sized images right off my computer!!!!!

You guys nailed it man, and that is high praise coming from a guy that HATES change in all of it's associated forms.... Thank you sir, sleep well.

8. onelow53

onelow53

I like the old Hamb better. Shut it down for a couple more days. Jking.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Squablow

Squablow

That helps, and I'm using Firefox, good tip.

raceron1120 likes this.
  10. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

Not a huge fan. Looks a bit too sanitary and whitewashed. Just seems really plain. Font colors don't seem to jive. The "store" and "about us" is dang near unreadable. I can appreciate the work that went into it, and I'm sure it was tough, but is seems like a step backwards to me. I hope that the formatting was a sacrifice for other bells and whistles.

I'm sure I'll get used to it and will eventually be back to "old hat". I suppose that the length of time it was down built up my expectations too much.

11. pointer-1

pointer-1

Looks OK to me. Great job! I was in early withdrawal not being able to jump on here and search. I feel better now. Back to work. Old Ford is calling.

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Looking good gonna take a few tries to get all strapped in and feelin comfy! OUTSTANDING work I'm sure it's at least time foe a beer and a nap!

13. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

I missed it while it was down and I've only been on a couple of short times since yesterday but I can understand the vast amount of work and worry an undertaking like this presents. As they say the only constant is change and I think you should be proud of what you've accomplished here and I'm sure it will be to most people's liking once we get past the learning stage. Kudos to you and the German.

14. Look just fine to me....Just like any new hot rod ya gotta drive it a while to get the bugs out.

15. concreteman

concreteman

Great Job - wow -wow -

16. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

Brilliant job,...you deserve a medal

17. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Nice job Ryan. What a huge undertaking. I haven't had enough time to poke around to find any problems/concerns, but it looks really good. I like the bigger type and avatars. Man that must have been more than a stressful week or so.
    -Aaron

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  18. Fixxxr

Fixxxr
    from Sk, Canada

Looks good, but what's with the GIGANTIC font? Is there a way to decrease the size (other than ctrl -) so you don't shrink everything?

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

YAY...my crisp clear avatar is restored!...had to figure that one out...All you have to do is reinstall your avatar pic...happy camper :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. About a month ago I finally figured out how to put pictures on a post. Now I've got to start all over again and try to figure out how to do it again. Please don't change The Ford Barn.

21. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

I wish I had a choice of display fonts (I poked around but haven't seen personal theme options)...this is really difficult for me to read w/o my eyes feeling strained.

22. Good! I have both but am using my work machine with IE now so am glad it also works with Firefox, I have it on the homefront computer. I'm really liking this new format.

23. I love the new look & all the features. I'm sure I haven't seen them all and appreciate all the work you put into the new launch!

24. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

The drop downs (6 of them) that are labeled FORUMS, MEMBERS, SEARCH, etc are so faint that I can barely read them and when I roll over them, the darker highlight makes them totally unreadable. Only problem found so far. THANKS

25. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

I'm a little lost right now, but it is a much needed overhaul and I'll figure it out.

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I miss the old format already. This new design is too "plain jane" in a "sea of whiteness."

27. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

28. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Great job. Gads, its too big.

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That's what she said!

raceron1120 likes this.
  30. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

So what about the older images posts that are now just text?