Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. going to post an ad now, I do like the look of this....just need to figure it all out, thanks for keeping us updated and for refreshing the site - I know a thing or two bout web design and know you have a lot of work in this

2. fsae0607

fsae0607

Ryan,

The site looks awesome! You did a great job, well worth the wait!

3. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

New HAMB=New Coke.... Be forewarned..downloading some kind of "required " player added an "ask toolbar" I didn't want that's taking up real estate on my screen.

BOSTONCAMARO likes this.
  4. Great work!
    Is there still a "view all" function to see all pages of a thread at one time?
    Love the date thread started info on the thread list.

5. phat rat

phat rat

I don't like that toolbar either. I'm trying to figure out how to put my avatar back up

6. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

7. daddylama

daddylama

looks and is operating awesome! now my productivity at work will plummet again :)
    thank you for providing all that the HAMB is

viva la HAMB!

8. abc123

abc123

Can you get rid of all those little hangy-down graphic things? Are they supposed to look like ribbons or medals or what?

9. Steve

Steve

can we post secret messages in the title like HAMB 1.0? hahaha just kidding looks good Ryan

10. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

Gonna take some time getting use to but looks good so far.

Only problem I have is, i visited the site this morning and now I have a HAMB ad on top of every page I visit. It makes it were I can not use all of the features of other sites because it is blocking them and I can not shut it off. I am on an Iphone and it is a HAMB ad for an app.
    Is anyone else having this problem? If so, how do I fix it? Here is an example.
    [​IMG]

11. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

Looks great! I didn't know what to do all last week at work when the site was down. I actually had to work...

inkstain27 likes this.
  12. Thanks for the effort you guys put on this forum

13. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Great job, i am sure there were times when you wondered if it would be worth it....it is.

I remember when folks hated the last update...give it time fellas.

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

I feel like I just came out of a fog,..... or out of a Saturday Matinee on a sunny afternoon.... Or like driving a car with a automatic transmission for the first time,.... or..... well, You get the drift,.... Very cool !,...But still getting use to the gadgets & gismos... o_O:confused::)

15. RFH1931

RFH1931

Change is Good !
    Great Job !

16. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Ryan thanks for all you do for us I got alot of work done to the car this pass week, but i needed some message board to keep me going our thanks to you and the German

17. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

I think its great and will continue to get even better. I would love to make the fonts smaller and condense the page...too much scrolling!

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It's familiar but better, and it feels luxurious. Sort of like when you see a magazine rack with a bunch of car magazines and then, standing apart from all others, is TRJ. The one you care about. The one you reach for but shuffle to the back to get the untouched, not-bent copy and then refrain from reading until the time is right, because it's so much better. That's what this is. Major Kudos @Ryan ! It was worth the wait homie!

19. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Site looks so good, I scraped up the fifty bucks and joined The Alliance again.

20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Want to thank all for their time in re-doing the site, it will take some time to get used to. I'm sure at some point down the road it will be as friendly to visit as the old one. I do have a question though, a lot of my old image posts are now just unusable text with no image. Is this a glitch or are they gone forever? Seven years of image posts gone would be a major downer.

21. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

This is shit, the format is hard to read, and it looks all gimmicky. You turned the forum into a street rod.

Spoggie likes this.
  22. @Ryan -

Bitchin' new look! ... the "ribbon theme" is really cool!

The font and layout is easier on my eyes!

The "Tagging" (mention) & "Like" features are going to be very handy!

NOTE: It's also awesome that this reply post was waiting for me to "send" this morning ... I had attempted to post it yesterday afternoon (when you first launched TJJ v7.0) but due to "server errors", I was unable to send it ... so yet another cool feature to the upgrade!

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thought I was losing my mind wondering what everybody was talking about re: large fonts. Mine are all the same size as before.

Congrats Boss, well done. Love the Alliance groveling that snuck in there in the wee hours of your sleeplessness, it got to me, will finally join up.

24. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Click on the "little man" figure [​IMG] , to right side of the page. It opens a drop box (hard to see) click on avitar.

25. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

X 2... The avatars look a little scrunched up, too. Probably a sizing thing. I'm sure you'll work the bugs out, and it will be better than ever!

It was a long week, with no HAMB with my lunch!

26. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

How can you search classifieds? I see the search button but I get no results every time I seach.

27. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The old site was like a pair of old boots, broken in and nice and comfortable. The new site is like getting a new pair of boots, they're tight, they hurt and are uncomfortable but eventually they'll get broken in......I hope.

raceron1120 likes this.
  28. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

I've always used this, and it still works. Find that pic on the web. Right click. Highlight & copy properties (or URL address). Type [ ] with "img" between those marks, then paste those properties(or url addy), then again type [ ], but this time type /img in between them. Hit reply and your pic will be there. Yup it works....... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  29. mustangsix

mustangsix

I suppose in time I'll grow used to it. The layout is ok, functionality is good. But dammit, this is like trying to read something in large print, triple spaced, like a children's book. I just like to have type that's spaced tighter. Studies have shown that there is an optimal spacing and kerning for type sizes - this ain't it.