Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal & The H.A.M.B. - Version 7.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Maybe it's just my computer but the menus on the tabs have little if any contrast, very hard to read.

Ryan likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm starting to agree with you on that one. I think I need to mess with that a bit...

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

OK guys, I gotta go home, get the kids ready for school, take their little asses to the bus stop and then try to get some sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if we take a server hit when the morning traffic comes. If it gets bad I'm sure my alarm will sound...

In any case, expect some up and down time as we tune the server.

And again... To you guys that were around early this morning - I owe you all for making me feel so good. Seriously.

4. silent rick

silent rick

i was never a fan of the titles and post count. however, i did like the feature of knowing when a member joined when it came time to dealing with a person in the classifieds. will that feature return?

5. BITCHIN! this was worth the wait. Wifey will be real happy, she can put my meds back in the cupboard now ! Well Done Ryan and team .

6. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Learning to navigate the new Hamb will be like learning manual for the first time. By far this update will bring on challenges to navigate but it will definitely be worth it because I've learnt so much information from different members on here. Let the fun continue!

7. Lookin' good! I'm noticing some questions can easily be answered just be noodling around and getting comfy with the new layout. Great job, I likey!

8. WOW awesome job,, will take some getting use to... but it is bas ass great job Ryan!!

9. Me two. Just noticed it says "new member" under my avatar. Still a few kinks.

10. I dig it! I just realized we can now upload videos to photo albums...

11. orphan auto

orphan auto

Well it looks pretty,, However I'm to stupid to get around the site now ,can't even find anything

12. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

Nice job, Ryan. Looks great!
    Thank you.

13. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

14. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I'm just so damn glad were back up and running. I missed this place
    Gregg

15. Hud I

Hud I
    from Tennessee

I like the new page. Someone did a lot of work . Learning how to get around and the new features. Old farts don't handle change well. Good job guys.

16. Awesome! I'm so excited the HAMB is back!! It's been a long wait. Thanks to you and all your helpers for all the long hours and hard work.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Ryan, I know you're in bed, but this all looks great. I'm glad I got the Alliance membership. I hope you feel the same pleasure I do when something on a build comes together just right. Take it easy.

18. luckylou

luckylou
    from canada

It looks awesome!!!! I'm glad it's up and running I was goin crazy not been able to have awesome reading, I finally am able to relax my mind , thanks guys for the new look

19. Looks good, but hard to read - too much space in text. I hope I get used to it.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  20. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

If you slide your mouse over your avitar it shows your join date and info,, Tim Jones

21. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Glad it's back, I thought I was going to take up a different hobby. Let the learning and bitchen start. Now I have something to read, Thanks.

22. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Site looks really good Ryan, Pretty easy to navigate, even for a computer dumbass like myself,, Tim Jones

23. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Ryan

Love the new site and especially the performance. It responds rocket fast for me.

I am sure it will take a week or two to get used to the new UI but well done on the migration. In a previous life I was responsible for such migrations consisting of MASSIVE amounts of data and know they have to be planned down to the tiniest detail to get them to run smoothly.

I hope the next few days is 'uneventful' for you!

Get some sleep and pat yourself on the back.

24. I must say, I like it. Change is always hard, but can you guys imagine the work it took to do this? The site has come a long way since those days at OU when a gearhead put this site together, job well done. I really like it.
    Thanks for putting this site up for all the gearheads and work behind the scenes.

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the spirit of simplicity, I like it. Well worth the wait.

26. If all else fails, read the instructions,lol. First I had a problem finding subscribed threads, no problem now. Someone mentioned the post count, join date, if you put your cursor on the members avatar, it will show the amount of posts and the join date of that member. I like the bigger format, easier on my old eyes,lol. Thanks Ryan, hope you had a good nap.

raceron1120 likes this.
  27. Charlville

Charlville

Very slick, well done to all :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Ryan , what do the trophy points by my build stand for? Do you get a prize and a free drink?:D Tim Jones

29. This is going to cool - all over again! -H.R.D-

30. flthd31

flthd31