Register now to get rid of these ads!

**pics of my new ride**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saltflataddict, Jan 3, 2006.

1. its a '29 Overland Whippet grill. thanks to a fellow hamber from Canada. as gay as it sounds I built the car around that shell, meaning I knew for sure it was going to have a whippet grill shell no matter what I had to do.

2. 30modela

30modela
    from Kentucky

nice ride man!:D

3. In the photo of your steering box mount and in the one I posted, it appears that there is quite a bit of lean in your pitman arm when the front wheels are pointed straight ahead. The pitman arm should be at 90 degrees to the drag link and the steering gear should, at the same time, be centered. I would suggest that you point your front wheels straight ahead, disconnect the draglink at the pitman arm, turn the steering wheel full right lock, turn the steering wheel full left lock (counting the number of turns), then turn it back half that amount so that the steering gear is centered (you should feel a slight tug or tightness at that point). If the pitman arm isn't at 90 degrees to the draglink you should either rotate it on the splines (if they're not keyed) or cut and re-weld it 'til it is. Then make your draglink the length needed to hook it all back up.

Aside from that the car is excellent !! :) I hope mine turns out half that nice.

4. That is Sweet... I love it. Good Job..

5. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

good looking ride. Are the wire wheels the same size front and back with differant size tires or are 16-17? Good job. TP

6. thanks, I will look into that this weekend.

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for sharing. its great to have friends, with space and skills to do some thing like this.:) 5 star.

8. Stone

Stone

Nice I know it will be a blast to drive.

9. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

DANG!

I like it! Simple but looks really mean....dead on....details are great.

Couple of questions:

what did you use for steering and pitman arm?
    be honest, how loud are the lake pipes with no baffles?

I really like that it's simple, yet looks killer and sneaky........home fabbed parts make it!

10. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

That sucker look great. Gonna be on the salt this year, so i can get a better look??.

11. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

Very nice Mike and Deek.
    These guys are amazing, (I know suck up) always out doing themselves. That gas tank is a thing of beauty.

12. "what did you use for steering and pitman arm?
    be honest, how loud are the lake pipes with no baffles?"

ok, to be honest I dont know Deek had the steering and Pitman arm laying in his basement, the price was right so we used it. :)

"That sucker look great. Gonna be on the salt this year, so i can get a better look??."

yep, pretty much as long as I live in SLC I will be on the Salt every year until I die. (thats about the only good thing about living in SLC),ha,ha,ha ...say hi when your around.

thanks CK, your tub is looking quite good as well.

13. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Very nice car. It would look right at home in the pages of the Hot Rodding history books that are on my book shelf. Very nice car indeed.

14. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

A very nice car.:)

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

15. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Hey MikeyYou got a camera for Christmas!!! Am I Right? Didn't we build that thing in the summer? HA HA! Hey were working on the Auto Rama display tonight at the shop. 6:00 if you can make it...

16. the linkagage on the hood is that for nthe carbs? what is that to I have seen before but never thought to see what is conected to! That is the best! I love the pics and that car is so hot!

JAH

17. Man I had to check it out again it is hot!!!!

JAH

18. krashman

krashman

Very cool ride.

Good luck with it.

19. Looks super man. You and the rest of the gang gonna come up to Tacoma again in August for the HOTROD-A-RAMA? Love to have your bitchin' ride in the mix. Dale

20. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

I really like the way that car looks!!! Nice work, I like the simplicity of it.
    Jimmy White

21. Thanks Jimmy, "simplicity" is what I definitely had in mind when building it.

Dale - we will see, we dont plan very well ahead like we should.