Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 buick 2 door wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slider, Apr 25, 2005.

1. slider

slider

I looked at a buick a few months ago and thought it was a two door. The cars by my father inlaws place and he called me last night and said his neighbors wanted to sell it. question is was did they make 2 door wagons in 61 or has my mind gone south? and is it worth 400$. It runs and drives, smokes a bit on start up and hasn't been titled since 1999. v-8 auto. thanks

2. get it! its hard enough to get a powerplant for that much let alone a hole car. that could be a sick wagon. but i dont think buick ever made a 2 door wagon. i could be wrong though. its happened once or twice before...

3. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I dont think they did a two door wagon either. Buicks.net has production #'s $00 bucks for a driver is always a good deal and to top it off its a 61 and a wagon. If anything else clean it up and make a few grand.

4. KustomSkylark

KustomSkylark

I don't think there are any 2-door wagons. Is it a Special or a full size?

5. tx longroof

tx longroof
    from fort worth

i saw this post & figured i'd register & chime in-first post!

i don't think they made 2 door wagons either. but if it runs, $400 is a steal. i got more looks and compliments on mine with rusted out origninal paint than my other cars with nice paint & a lot more $$$ sunk into. buick body lines kick ass over other comparable year cars. they only made about 4500 wagons that year so it's kinda rare too. you won't regret it.

6. Anything that runs is worth 400.00.

Don't recall ever seeing one, but that doesn't mean much. About anything '61 is cool and has good possibilities.

7. We can't ever say Never....

I saw a '60 Pontiac 2-door wagon. Yes... a Poncho 2-door. And it was Canadian only. Just like they only made Canadian '59 2-door hardtop Chevrolet Bel Airs. So it wouldn't surprise me if that '61 Buick 2-door wagon is a Canadian car. Nutty neighbors we have north of us, but I love them.

Travis

8. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

i know of a 57 mercury,2 door hardtop wagon rustin away(1200 made) so whos says buick never made one.If it is its gotta be cool!!!

9. Wasnt the 57 Buicks Caballero a 4 dr HT wagon?
    I never saw a 61 in a 2 dr wagon but who knows........heres a 51, I reworked from 4 doors[homemade]

10. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

$400 is waaaaay too much for a car like that...just out of curiosity where was it again?

11. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

No 2-door wagons were produced by Buick in 1961 (or 1960 or 1962) in any of the various lines: Special, LeSabre, Invicta, or Electra.

At least according to The Encyclopedia of American Cars which is gets its production info from the manufacturers reports. But nothing is absolutely certain and mistakes and special orders were common enough in the early sixties. Canadian or other foreign destination cars are also a possibility.

And even if it IS a 4-door - That a great car and a great buy.

12. Movinman

Movinman

Hey Jersey Fink, is that two door Mercury wagon available to the public?

13. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Yeah! Thats probably a 401 Nailhead in it, the motor itself worth 400 depending on how bad someone wanted it.

14. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

I got a 61 Falcon 2 door wagon. looks cool as hell! for $400, think of all the fun u could have!?

15. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

waitin to see,,the house is abandoned.And now the property is up for sale.They put up a big wire to keep us white trash out.Theres about 20 cars back there.The only thing missing is the bone stock 32 ford that was in the barn,no shit,i been eyein this place up for a year and a half.The old dude died and someone got there before me.The barn is about 15 feet off a busy road.These cars been there at least 30 years,ill try to get pics.Stopped there last week but some asshole had to stop to see what i was doing so i split.

16. Anchor

Anchor
    from N/A

I know several makes had a 2 door wagon, mines a 4 though. don't know for sure about buicks but anything that runs for $400...

Erin

17. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Thanx, now u got me goin crazy looking down every backyard in Jersey for this place. didnt think there were any of these places left in NJ. hope u find somethin good. im allways lookin for model A stuff so if u score.... im right here in NJ.

ps if u need help trespassing im available for that too!

18. JamesG

JamesG

Sure they did.............................................lol.................

Attached Files:

19. ATTA BOY!-MIKE:eek: :D

20. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

If you don't want it, tell us where it is and we'll send after it!!:eek:

21. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

There were no 2dr wagons in '61, but man they are sharpe looking cars & for 400 you can't go wrong, I'd grab it before they change their minds. For what it's worth... the lowest priced #6 wagon was 680 in the 'Standard Catalog Of Buick'.

22. ray

ray
    from colorado

could you share your definition of "abandoned"?

if "they" put up a fence after the guy died, it don't sound abandoned.

someone got there before you? and did what? stole the deuce? bought it?

who was the asshole that chased you off? the guy to talk to about buying the cars? what WERE you doing?