Register now to get rid of these ads!

world of wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hiboyroadsterboy, Dec 8, 2005.

1. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Ok now,this may be a stupid thing to ask,but I will.Are there any Hambers going to the World Of wheels in Boston.

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

the one in kc is 50% showroom new harleys on display with custom catalog splooge. the rest is ricers and retired 80s prostreet crap. never again. id rather go to goodguys

3. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

this years show is going to be great,other then my roadster being there,Jim Lowrey from New Hampshere is putting a bunch of hotrods in.

4. muffman58

muffman58

Oh, come on, tell us what you really think!

5. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Well I'm only going in there to have fun,and shit on the fucked up nervous award hunters,thats why i'm going to have fun.

6. muffman58

muffman58

I go every year and have a blast! Look at the new stuff, check out the balloon smugglers, and get a idea or two! Yeah you do get alot of new crap & billit bikes, but it ani`t 1960 no more! Hell, just have fun!

7. I'll be there.Not much else going on this time of year.Barris is supposed to be there with the Munster coach and 60's Batmobile.

8. Backyard Bomber

Backyard Bomber
    from Concord,NH

I'll be there. My other buddies in my club,and the Alter Boys will have a section set up with a bunch of our cars. There should be 9 or 10 of them. Also we are chopping the top of my 49 Ford at the show. It should be interesting to see how this turns out. We are doing it at the show,hopefully people will like to see some real cars,and the people that build them first hand. this year will be fun.

9. cooljerk

cooljerk

yeah i'll be heading in on friday to try to beat the crowds...an advantage of being gainfully unemployed

10. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

That should be great,I'll be there with a 32 roadster,my first and last car show.

11. Jimv

Jimv

I'm going, I was just at Jareds house( from the alter boys) & hes got his roadster set up in "drag" with a Sq. roll bar, very 50 ish, looks great.
    jimV

12. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, and I'll bet Jared drives it to Boston even if it's snowing.
    He drove with us to the Rolling Bones run in NY over Columbus Day Weekend and it rained hard two of the three days. That kid's a real hot rodder. Oh, did I mention he doesn't have a top?

13. glassguy

glassguy

i havnt been in years coz it sucks!! but it sounds good this year. im going. i think im gonna drive the merc in too. hopefully get a decent parking space someplace where it wont get stolen! whos choppin that shoebox? sounds like fun..

14. glassguy

glassguy

is it this weekend???

15. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

it's the 6th,7th,and 8th.

16. 65LTD

65LTD

Yeah, Jim Lowrey's shop is prepping several cars for the Boston World of Wheels. They build amazing stuff, was there yesterday. Great guys too.

One of Lowrey's cars, a hemi powered deuce owned by Jim Sartori is up for street rod of the year over some really high tech cars. When I voted yesterday the Lowrey/Sartori deuce had 79% of the vote - shows what the readers like. Check it our here http://streetrodderweb.com/features/0512sr_favorite/

Rick

17. SwampYankee

SwampYankee
    from Dudley MA

No chance of me gettin' out to BOWOW this time 'round. Not just beacuse I hate driving in to Boston... I'm on nights that week and I already made a commitment to show up Saturday at Higgins Armory in Worcester with my "Roman Legion" (another of my hobbies that my wife is willing to put up with). I know it's OT but that place is a tin-knockers dream. For those who aren't familliar, it houses the largest collection of weapons and armor in the Western Hemisphere. Makes you wonder what those guys could have done with a TIG and an English Wheel. Who's planning to go to the NE Summer Nats this year? I missed the last few, but Im hoping to get My 52 back on the Road in time, or convince Pops to take a ride in his stock 32. We live about 15-20 min South of Worcester. If anyone thinks they might need a place to make emergency repairs or whatnot just PM me and I'll give you contact info.

18. I will probably be going ,although I won't be bringing my car,I can usually wrangle a couple of tickets from the radio station I advertise with. However one of my brother inlaws customers will have his "Gobblin Car" there. It won't be hard to find there aren't many t buckets made with giant heads that belch smoke.

19. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I'm the reason the car has 79% of the votes,i voted a shit load of times,he's a friend of mine.I voted 70% of the votes,I'm not saying that the readers don't like the car,I'm sure some do,but I helped if it wins.

20. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

My car is also up for the best streetrod thing in the car show,but I wouldn't mind Jimmy winning it,not that he needs it.He has a nice car,that he never drives,and has a shit load of money in it,now my car which is almost as nice,and has 3400 miles on it sense May,and has like no money in it,I should have the chance to win to,shouldn't I?

21. Hey Craggy, you just made it way more interesting to go!

22. Backyard Bomber

Backyard Bomber
    from Concord,NH

It should be a good time, look for us when you are there.

23. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ill be there all weekend and so will my wife. She will be in the booth for the Right COast. Im W.O.W. staff.

Stop by and say hi

24. CruZer

CruZer

I'll be there on Sunday. Our club does a van trip to the show from western Mass. every year. Yeah, the show sucks, yeah, driving into Boston is a pain,yeah,it's a little pricy, but what else ya' gonna do on a winter weekend to get your hot rod jollies ????
    11 years ago we started with one 12 passenger van and now we're up to three and that may not be enough.
    HRRboy: I'll look for you. I love that car !!!!!!!! Glenn

25. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Yup .. I'll be there on Fri & Sat with Geo Barris......... :D

26. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Hey Glenn,I'll be in the first room,near the stage somewhere,so thats where I'm told I'll be.I'll be looking forward to seeing you,and any other Hambers in there.

27. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

I will be going with a couple of the guys from my club. This year seems like it will be alot better than most years. Last year they actally had a couple of cool hot rods, but mostly it was trailer queens and trophy hunters with some imports mixed in. Someone mentioned to me that Jimmy Shine will be there.

What day is everyone planning on going! Would be cool to all meet up.
    It is my birthday Sunday so I will probably be going Saturday.

28. glassguy

glassguy

im goimn sat mornin.. im taking the merc. so dont key it when you see me double parkin outside..cya there dave :D

29. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

Shit I wish I could take the 54 there but still needs some more lovin before she moves under here own power. Definatley will be on the road very soon.
    Well I ll probably see you there.

30. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Park it at the hotel so the parking lot Nazis dont get you....
    Stop by to say hi.