Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything To Do In Colorado?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kropduster, Dec 29, 2005.

1. kropduster

kropduster

im going to be in Denver June 25th-July1(for my sister-in-laws wedding). Is there anything happining as in shows, cruises, bands, whatever?

What about rod shops or old junkyards.....

I just need a good reason to spend some quality time away from the in-laws:D

2. colorado51

colorado51

Hmm, there is always a lot to do around here in the summer. I dont have any 2006 event schedules yet.

A few things I do know of are:

June 25, Ford Fest at Bandimere Speedway
    And if you are here on July 2, there is the "Hot Rod Happining" at Bandimere also.
    You could stop by Streamline in Denver and look around.....if you want..... :rolleyes:

And you can check here for local music: www.denverbarndance.com .

3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

NO- THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN Colorado except chop wood and hunt elk.
    Thats all my brother in law does anyway. !

Yuk-Yuk-Yuk.

Cob

4. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Ya got to put a visit to "Streamline" on your to-do list, that place is too cool. There's also a guy named "Steve" there that talks funny! (oh, merry x-mas Steve)

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

June 23-25, NSRA Nats in Pueblo, CO, state fairgrounds, 1500, 2000 street rods.

June 23 - Various "cruises" around town, 94th & Federal Sonic -- Seven Hills Sonic, Tower & Hampden -- Sonic on Lincoln Road (south Denver).

June 24, Cruise at Sonic, 72nd and Federal

June 28, Cruise at the Burger King, Jewell and Kipling, Lakewood -- Hamburger Stand, 2nd and Simms in Lakewood

Some weekend "cruises" are put on by "Crusin Productions" altho I haven't seen his schedule yet...usually draw about 200-400 cars...

Go see Streamline in downtown Denver...Denver Speciality is in Aurora, carries lots of good stuff but the place is small, not at all like Streamline.

Junk yards: Svigels, south Santa Fe in Denver...somtimes they'll let you scrounge around, sometimes they won't! Martin's Salvage, Highway 34, Greeley used to have tons of old stuff...including forties stuff...haven't been up there lately so don't know what's left.

Shops: Zoomers in Denver, Color Works in Denver, Masterpiece in Denver, Pinkee's in Ft. Collins.

ColoRODo Car books, South Broadway in Englewood, ran by former R & C editor Neal East, tons of automtive books.

R-

6. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Id vote to see some drag racing at Bandimere. ( dont forget the sunscreen, your a mile high here. ) Im sure more of us will know more when it gets closer to the summer.

7. straybilly

straybilly
    from Denver

There is a Tiki bar thats has $1 PBR everyday. Thursday nights at the Skylark has a Good dj by the name of Woody O'Connell. The best shop to go to is AtomicAge! Bob is a amazing guy and friend. His website is www.atomicage.net
    Steve is a good guy to visit at dreamline I mean Streamline. Denver is full of drinking and debaucherous fun too!

8. Diddo on the Pinkees Rod Shop!!!

I haven't been there, but their work is amazing. If I ever go to CO, that's the first place I'm goin!

Reverend Jake

9. kropduster

kropduster

B-TO THE -T
    gettin pretty to time to go, need to start plannin stops. thanks again guys for all the ideas.
    looks like i should be able to stay busy.:D :D :D

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

just get drunk and wizz on the locals!!!thats what you do when your at my house!!!:D