Register now to get rid of these ads!

offenhauser website???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FORDOLE500, Dec 12, 2005.

1. FORDOLE500

FORDOLE500

I do a search and cant seem to find one!!

2. There isn't an official one, but I did find this one.... www.offyparts.com

3. FORDOLE500

FORDOLE500

4. Call 323-225-1307

5. repoguy

repoguy

Not really surprising. Didn't they stop doing research and development on their "high performance" intake manifolds like 40 years ago?

From what I understand their nailhead intake is literally the worst ever made for the motor (it actually flows less than the crappy squarebore intake from the factory).

6. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Offy does not have and offical website. My Grandfather was their head engineer. If need any info, I can get it. I also sell Offy parts at discount for HAMBers.

7. djmartins

djmartins

Whatcha got for a Desoto hemi?
    Tranny adapters?
    What the world really needs is a good 3 or 4 stromberg intake for the low
    and tall deck Desotos.
    Did Offy make any?

regards,
    Doug

8. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Offy hemi parts are hard to come by. I think the used to make a triple manifold for the Desoto hemi, but I'm not 100% sure. I've tried to get Tay Offenhauser to make some log manifolds for the hemi's, but so far he hasn't. I'll keep working on him. What trans adapter do you need? Hemi to 727 torqueflight?

9. Really?

10. There is no official website. Detonator has the right number, but they only answer the phones from 8-3 PST.

11. repoguy

repoguy

Tom Telesco put all the nailhead intakes on a flow bench, and if I remember correctly the order from best to worst were:

1. the Edelbrock b262
    2. the factory spreadbore (q-jet) intake
    3. the factory dual quad intake
    4. the factory squarebore intake
    5. the offy

Now it's been a while since I read about it, and it's possible that I got the last 2 mixed up. Maybe the offy was #4 and not #5, but in my opinon that's still pretty unimpressive. I mean, come on, it's an AFTERMARKET intake. It should flow better than all of the factory units (like the Edelbrock). Otherwise what's the point?

Hopefully if I'm wrong either Z-man or Tom himself will step up and correct me. I don't want to spread misinformation.

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Can you get the pilot bushings for the Offy #401 and 402 trans adapters? I'd like at least one of each.

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Anybody know if they still sell column drops.

14. FORDOLE500

FORDOLE500

I may need 4 of the rochester 2jet carb spacers 1" or 2" do you have any or can you get them and how much
    thanks
    todd

15. djmartins

djmartins

A decent Desoto triple would be great.
    Vintage Speed has been claiming to have one in the works for next to
    forever, but I'm not holding my breath.
    A log manifold I can fab up, but I'd like somethine more streetable.
    Hemi to 727 would work, though a manual tranny would be better.
    Anyone tell me what a tranny adapter with an offenhauser part #5044 fits?
    It is a plate style and almost looks like a toploader to lasalle.

regards,
    Doug

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

offy valve covers for a b mopar and a dual log intake would be great...

17. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I called them today. “No catalogs and were not set up for credit card sales. You should call one of our dealers.” W.T.F. OFFY. :confused:

18. Green Goblin

Green Goblin

I've also heard from many sources that the OFFY 3x2 Nailhead makes a good paperweight. That's about it !!

19. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

296, I'm a WD for Offenhauser. They don't sell direct to customers, they never have. I give HAMBers the best prices on all Offenhauser products. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

20. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

We are a WD also and I even toured the place several times. As the patterns break they get tossed and they stop making the parts. It can take up to 9 months to get a stock order. They still make the column drops and a few other small parts as well but the bellhousings will never come back and even the molds for the famous OFFY engine where lost when a foundry closed. When I was there in May the wharehouse shelves where empty of any cast aluminum parts except valve covers for the nissan straight 6.

21. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Sorry, but the pilot bearing adapters for the 401 and 402 are no longer available. If you need them a may have a phone number of a guy that has them.

22. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

They still have the column drops available. They have a 4" and 2" model with or without column shift. Let me know what you need.

23. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

The 5044 trans adapter fits 49-64 Ford and 51-64 Mercury to LaSalle Tranny. You were right!

24. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

You are right! It's sad to walk the Offy plant and see empty shelves. I remember as kid they used to have 4 or 5 buildings of parts and equipment. Offenhauser Equipment never made the famous Offy engine. That was a different company.

25. I was going to say the same thing.

Wasn't Offenhauser Equipment started by Fred Offenhauser's nephew (?), much to the annoyance of Meyer and Drake who had the rights to the real Offenhauser brand.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I know you are correct about the first three, and would use that order for preference. Though I have heard some people porting out the Offy's to make them a bit better....

27. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Offenhauser Equipment was started by Fred Offenhauser Jr. Meyer and Drake brought a lawsuit against Fred because he was using the Offenhauser name. The judge felt that the 2 companies were not making the same product and that Fred Jr. had a legal right to the use of his own name for his company. That is why it is called Offenhauser Equipment Corporation.

28. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

I didn't know that. I'm not real big on them. I just assumed and when I asked Vince about the motor that was the story I got. Maybe he wasn't clear on my inquiry.

29. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

It is possible that the foundary lost the molds. I don't know if the same foundary that does Offenhauser Equipment also did the Offy engines. Back then, there were alot of foundaries in LA. It would be nice to repop the engines!