Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Security

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blown240, Dec 12, 2005.

1. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

I have eight switches in my coupe....and I have a quick release drag wheel hub from Speedway on the steering column....don't want somebody to steal the car? Take the steering wheel with you when you park it....

2. new2u

new2u
    from Okla

i've got the same, sometimes I would forget about it and look like an a$# when i first started using it but it's so fool proof you can give somebody the keys and they don't make it out of throwing distance.
    The wreckers can take it but I'm not real worried about them.

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have insurance.....good insurance.

4. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

5. COIL WIRE SUGGESTION:

Alot of follks talk about pulling the coil wire or rotor. Rotor works great but it's a pain in the ass. Try carying around a dud coil wire. Essentially just make a coil wire that doesn't terminate. It will leave a theif scratching their head since all will look in order. If the wire is gone or disconnected it will be easy to hook it back up or snag one of the other 8 and drive off on 7 cyl.

6. http://www.lojack.com/
    I'm seriously thinking about this. On consecutive days on the news they told of two separate cars recovered in 20 minutes. The officer on the news says they have a 98% success rate in catching the thief and 100% in getting the car back.

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

with a 1900 lb car it dosen't help much so why bother.:mad:

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

a weatehrpack quick disconect on the lines running to the fuse panel and quick clips/pins/release on the panel. if youve only got a few fuses the panel can be preety small. in some cases you could pop it out of the car and stick it in a cigirete hard box or a cd player pouch then its not a big deal to put it in your pocket or something.

9. new2u

new2u
    from Okla

I got a spam phone call the other day but it was interesting nonetheless.
    These people offer a setup for about $600 and you can watch and actual picture of your car from a satellite, determine it's speed and location also. I don't know how real or accurate this is but if you are truly concerned this may be just what the Dr ordered.

http://blueskytracker.com

For warning, they tried to sell me a franchise and are pretty persistent, so I'd recommend contact only if you are serious.

10. marx

marx

Dammit man....that's a GREAT idea!

11. sojerscraper

sojerscraper

my security is having a lowered, 2 1/2 ton car with super loud glasspacks. i never get far enough from it where i couldnt hear it fire up, its lowered too much for a rollback and its too heavy to push.

12. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

On the Roadster pick-up i'm building, i have a removable steering wheel like a race car.....Take it in the house at night.....Nothing will prevent a car from leaving if a thief really wants it but the goal is trying to make taking it as difficult as possible

13. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I like the fuel pump cut off switch , I have mine in a really hard place to find.

14. Buy a 44 and sleep in the car

15. fastroadster

fastroadster

I got a " Clapper " for christmas, I wonder if I could rewire it for 12 volt:confused:

16. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

most of the stuff that has been said works but all can be bypassed.

hidden ignition switch cut off or any thing like that is use less in a hoodless car. think how easy it is to run a jumper wire from the starter to the coil and jump the solenoid.

electric fuel pump cut outs are one of the best things or a manual shut off valve for a mecanical fuel pump car.

any club is useless a hack saw and the steering wheel is cut in 20 seconds
    same goes for one that locks the brake to the steering wheel.

alarms are a joke every one ignores them when they go off

hidden line lock switch to the rear brakes works better then the front. front brake line is always easy to cut.

bottom line is if they want your car they will get it.

17. Thumper

Thumper

A rattlesnake under the seat.

18. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Seems like I was reading something in Lowrider a while back about a security system that sends a page to the keychain remote when it goes off? A pro could still get the car before you got to them but it might make a difference.

Me? I drive cars nobody else wants.