Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Rod builders/restoration shops in Nebraska

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by recycler, Dec 8, 2005.

1. recycler

recycler

My Dad recently passed away. He had a shop where he restored cars/trucks and built hotrods. My brother and I are trying to help some of his customers out. They are left with unfinished cars that Dad had started and they want to know where they can take their cars to get them finished. These are not millionares but common country folks. Dad's shop is in North Central Nebraska- Atkinson. I'm sure these guys would be willing to travel within reason. Can anyone give me some contact info of some possible shops? Any HAMBers want to take on a project for some extra money?Dad did very good work so you could just take over where he left off.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brad

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

sorry no help with shops but ill send this back to the top.

small world,my grandma lives in Atkinsonand ive got a ton of family in oneil,

tim

3. recycler

recycler

Hey it is a small world. My brother lives by Lincoln now. We grew up in Atkinson and went to church in O'Neill. I got in a lot of street races in O'Neill when I was in high school. Good times...good times... Brad

4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

try heinzman rod shop in phillips ne.

402-886-2275

they have been there for years!

5. recycler

recycler

Thanks Flat-Top. I'll give them a call. Any more?????

6. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Hey Brad, sorry I don't have any help, but I think there is a rod shop in Sioux City. Look up Professional Exhaust there in Sioux City, it's owned by Bob Owens, I know he has a few rods around. He did a little exhaust work for me when I lived up there as well. Worth a shot at least.

If nothing else, back to the top for ya.

7. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Brad, the number to Professional Exhaust is (712) 255-0004

Bob is the owner, he might at least have some info on local rod shops for you. Hope this helps. If not, I might have some contacts here in Iowa that I can check on, it just depends on how far people want to drive.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

"The Body Shop" is in Grand Island, Gary Gerberding has been doing rods and kustoms for years...I'd bet Dex or phone information can get you his number...

R-

9. We are a little farther west in Rapid City SD. SHop has been in business for close to 20 years. A&A 605-343-9452

10. HotRodHeb

HotRodHeb

11. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

Indeed a small world I was born in Atkinson. There is a guy here in Hastings named Snyder that does hot rods I will get his no. and post it tomorrow.

12. recycler

recycler

gasman and 40studedude definately get those numbers if you can. I'd like to give these people and list and then let them call around and decide where they want to go. Thanks guys Brad

13. stan292

stan292

14. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

Got the info today. His name is Mike Snyder of SNYDER STREET RODS phone is 402-463-1940. For what its worth he built a 32 that won some awards I'm told at last years Detroit Autorama.

15. gasman

gasman
    from Nebraska

Oh yeah just guessed at the spelling may be Snyder Snider Sneider or some other variation.

16. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

there is a little rod shop by Arlington, Ne. It is called Shop number 10.

I that there has been a number of quality rods that has come from this builder.

I dont have a number yet, I'll get it as soon as I can.

jeff

17. recycler

recycler

Thanks guys. Keep em coming!

18. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

cornhusker rod&custom in alexandria ne owner Gary Mussmen 402-749-1932,Heinzman streetrods in phillips ne. 402-886-2998,and maybe try dale at cruizers in elkorn ne.402-289-3902 seems like theres a streetrod shop in broken bow too but have to dig up the guys card.

19. Chuck_S

Chuck_S

Ron Stewart has a shop in Broken Bow. You should be able to find his number in whitepages.com. -- Chuck