Member, Male, from Weatherford, TX
- MercGuy1951 was last seen:
- Sep 19, 2019 at 10:35 AM
- Home Page:
- Weatherford, TX
- Retired ATC controller
1968 GTCS California Special
1939 Ford made into club coupe - SOLD
1951 Merc - mildly chopped - SOLD
1929 Model A Ford coupe
Dad was Veteran's Adminsitration Auto Shop teacher. So, I was raised in a body shop. Rebuilt wrecked cars to put myself through college. I loved Rod & Custom in High School but got into airplanes. Built homebuilt airplane in the late 70s (Davis DA-2c). Had instrument equipped Piper Comanche 250 in the 80s. Switched to streetrods in late 80s.
- Road Dusters - Lubbock - (Club Closed down in the 50s :(
I like the style of rods and customs built in the 50s. Lived most of my life in Lubbock, where I was an Air Traffic Controller. Moved to Weatherford in May of 09. Did Rod Wiring, P/W, and A/C install while in Lubbock... known as (((Hot Wires Rod Shop))).
Current projects are listed above:
- I’m almost finished with the 68 GTCS restoration with Full Aluminum Shelby 427 W
- The '29 Ford Coupe my dad actually drove to High School '34-'38! It’s sitting on a new frame w/SuperRide.
- Plenty to do... not enough time!