Register now to get rid of these ads!
Philroy

This is our friend Bill's 59 Corvette that we are currently fixing up for the 2012 HAMB Drag Nationals in Joplin. The thread my dad started on it and our work we are doing on it can be found here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673473&highlight=59+corvette

This is our friend Bill's 59 Corvette that we are currently fixing up for the 2012 HAMB Drag Nationals in Joplin.  The thread my dad started on it and our work we are doing on it can be found here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673473&highlight=59+corvette
Philroy, Jul 28, 2012
    • benchseat4speed
      Was this the flat black car with no hood and an M/T crossram??
    • Philroy
      It sure was. I had the yellow 57 Chevy belair 2 dr hardtop at the drags. It's dad's car, but I consider it my own. Dad was driving the flat black 50 ford with flames and a blown BBC. I checked out your sedan delivery last year. Very cool. I love it. My car is at the body shop right now and currently in primer. Check out my thread. I have documented as much as I can and put it on there. Please enjoy.
    • benchseat4speed
      Thanks for the words, I'll check out your thread here in a bit. That Vette was one of my favorite cars there. I dig the dude drivin it haha skullbucket and a long gray beard, too cool man. I dig that 57 you were drivin too, very clean.
      [​IMG]
    • Philroy
      Bill don't just look cool, he is cool. You should see the beard and the hair when he's riding his Harley.

Thank you. I kinda like the 57, too. It hasn't been a daily driver ever. It has zero rust underneath. I have been able to trace it back to the late 70's in Des Moines as a show car. It won some big "World of Wheels" car show up there in the late 70's. The interior is extremely outdated. It looks like a couch out of "That 70's Show".

I love your sedan delivery. How big of a small block are you running? That thing absolutely hauls ass.
    • benchseat4speed
      Cool thanks man. Are you gonna redo the interior in your 57 hardtop? I checked out your build thread too looks good man I'm subscribed now! haha engine in the 56 is a 355 w/12:1, big solid roller, 30yo brodix heads (junk), M/T crossram w/500cfm Holley 2-barrels on E-85. whew. Later! Kev
    • Philroy
      Kev, thats exactly what I wanted to know. We are going to redo the interior in it, someday. This winter, we are pulling the motor and putting a 355 in it. It would be an e85 motor, if we could buy it around here. The plan is to build it up, and in a year or two, put a huffer on it. The 327 thats in it now is an original, numbers matching, 64 Corvette 365hp fuelie motor with a 4bbl Holley and MSD ignition. It's too good of a motor to abuse. We have an old edelbrock tunnel ram with dual 390 holleys that will be in it for next year. Thanks, Phil.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Other vehicles of mine, and close friends.
    Uploaded By:
    Philroy
    Date:
    Jul 28, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.