Wide Whites

after 3" dropped axle and 3 leaf removed

after 3" dropped axle and 3 leaf removed
Wide Whites, Jan 24, 2012
    • 50scotbolt
      Man that's nice.
      Sittin' just right too!
    • dadz 48
      nice rake! I have the missing leafs but the axle is next hopefully.
    • Wide Whites
      How many leafs did you take out? Do you have bumpstops still in? Do you bottom out any? It looks like I'm not going to have a lot more suspension travel vs. my old mono leafs. I haven't driven it much yet so not sure how it's going to ride.
    • Surf Truck
      hey what size tires are those they look good?
    • Wide Whites
      I'm running 215/75/15 in the front and 235/75/15 in the rear.
    • malcolm1943
      WW,
      My 52 was set up the same way with leafs removed, it rode like a tank and bottomed out on any little crack in the road. I drove it thar way for a little over a year and then to save my back and kidneys, I put a MII front in it with air bags, now I can ride in comfort and still be super low for shows and cruise ins. That was the best investment to my truck so far, next is to air bag the rear and get a true caddilac type ride!
    • Wide Whites
      I took my truck out for the first test drive this weekend. I thought it rode pretty good and much better than the mono leafs! I didn't feel any bottom out. But I also "shaved" my bumpstops so there is about half as much rubber left! Now sure I'd love to put IFS with bags but that isn't in the budget for awhile!
    • big tap
      it looks bad ass.
    • Cubby
      How wide are your rims?
    • Wide Whites
      15x7 on the front and 15x8 on the rear. 205/75/15 tires on the front and 235/75/15 on the rear
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    '53 Chevy Pickup
    Uploaded By:
    Wide Whites
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.