Register now to get rid of these ads!
Mike51Merc

All dressed up!

All dressed up!
Mike51Merc, Dec 17, 2008
    • scully_100
      Mike51Merc,
      Thats a killer pic.
      Is that a full length merc gennie working with the standard dual ?
    • Mike51Merc
      Yes it is. No cutting whatsoever.
    • scully_100
      Looks awesome Mike. Looking at your pics, i am undertaking the same work on my 50 that you have just completed. I just got a pair of 97's and am panicing that my gennie wont fit cause its a little longer than the ford ones. so.. it fits.. just.
      Any other little nuances to that setup that you found ?
    • Mike51Merc
      I'm running an Offenhauser regular dual. No problem fitting. I hear the Edelbrock regular dual is closer, but can still make it with the center mount generator.

Are you going to run progressive linkage?
    • scully_100
      Great ! Offy its going to have to be then ! was thinking that progressive was the way to go with the 97's , for sure
      You know different ?
    • Mike51Merc
      I'm running a straight linkage with Stromberg 48s. I set up my friend's with progressive linkage with Holley 94s. Both run well. I want to try progressives on mine, because the 48s are a bigger carb and I'm not cammed. If I mash the throttle I have some minor problems.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Mike51MercPics
    Uploaded By:
    Mike51Merc
    Date:
    Dec 17, 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    61.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    450px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).

Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.